Are you facing the You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services error on your device? Want to play your lovable games without any of these issues?
Blizzard is an online-based video gaming platform developed by Blizzard Entertainment. Through this digital distribution application, you can purchase video games, download them, and play them on your PCs.
A lot of gamers are using Blizzard services on their systems. But there are few people who frequently complain about this Blizzard Battle.net.
While trying to load the game or logging into their account, they are seeing the You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services issue.
In order to fix this problem and allow you to play the games error-freely, we have listed out the best workarounds. We have also provided some additional information, like the causes of this error, tips to avoid it, etc.
Problem Overview: You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services
Blizzard Entertainment is one of the world’s best gaming platforms where it is dedicated to providing epic entertainment to all its gamers.
It develops many popular video games by following its eight core values, namely Gameplay First, Commit to Quality, Think Globally, etc.
Some of the top best games of Blizzard are Overwatch 2, World of Warcraft, Diablo IV, Starcraft II, etc. You can download it directly from the Blizzard site. Or else you can buy the games through Battle.net App and download the games from it on your device.
You can play the games online on your Windows, Android, and iOS devices. When you’re going to log in or try to load the games, it throws the following error message:
You have been disconnected from Blizzard services. What’s happening? Why was I disconnected? My friend list isn’t working now.
There are certain reasons for causing this problem on your Windows PC. They might be one or more from the below list.
Follow the below paragraphs and try the methods one by one to resolve this error.
Related Problems: You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services
Want to get in touch with some more problems that are related to this Blizzard Services Disconnecting error? Then browse this section.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services
Now, it’s time to check out the simple tricks that you’ve to use on your device to fix the You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services error.
Check the Status of Blizzard Servers
Are you located in a remote place where the signals are very low? Or are you trying to load the game or Blizzard services from the region where there is some server problem?
If you fall under the above two cases, you can see the Blizzard services disconnecting issues. So, before you check out the below methods, it is best to see the server status of Blizzard services.
Open the BlizzardCS Twitter page and check whether there are any posts related to server outage issues. If there is no problem with the Blizzard servers, check the game server status.
In case you don’t find any problem with both Blizzard and game servers, there could be some other issues.
Power Cycle your Router & Modem
The second troubleshooting fix that you have to use to fix it is checking for the network problems. If there are any issues with the router or modem devices, you can neither play the Blizzard game nor log in.
In this situation, power cycling the network devices will get rid of this error on your PC.
- First of all, remove the power cables from your modem and router.
- You need to wait for a while (at least 2 to 3 minutes) to cool down the devices.
- Again, plug the cables back to the router & modem. You have to wait until all the indicator lights are turned on.
Finally, reboot your PC and run the game through the Battle.net app. If the problem still occurs, then find some more solutions given in the next section.
Steps To Fix You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services Issue
Don’t worry! We are providing some more troubleshooting methods that help you a lot. Use them one by one and solve the You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services issue.
- Step 1
Upgrade Device Drivers
Corrupted and outdated device drivers are the major reason causing problems while playing the game in Battle.net. It is very important to upgrade the drivers, especially GPU drivers, on your Windows 10.
You can download and install the drivers manually or automatically. To upgrade manually,
- First of all, check the manufacturer of the device that you want to install the drivers.
- Now, open the official manufacturer website of that device -> Find the latest & suitable drivers -> Download and install them on your computer.
In case if you want to upgrade automatically, you can use the third-party driver updater, for example, IObit Driver Booster. With this IObit Driver Booster, you can update all the device drivers at once.
After upgrading, check whether you can play the game in Battle.net or still the error persists.
- Step 2
Flush DNS & Renew IP Address
Some users suggest that flushing the DNS and resetting the IP address are the best methods to fix this Blizzard disconnecting error. To flush the DNS, execute the below instructions.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- If you see any confirmation window, click yes to continue.
- Type the following command and press Enter to execute it.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- Exit the CMD.
- To renew the IP address,
- Press Windows logo -> Type Command in the Cortona search console -> Right-click the Command Prompt -> Select Run as Administrator.
- Now, click the yes button to open the CMD with the admin permissions.
- Type ipconfig /renew command and press Enter to execute it.
Relaunch the game in the Battle.net app and check the You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services issue is fixed.
- Step 3
Reset User Interface
Wrong or corrupted display and interface settings of the video game cause this problem and stop you from playing the game. You can troubleshoot this issue by simply resetting the user interface in your game.
- Firstly, close the game through the Task Manager.
- If you’ve installed any add-on managers, then remove them by uninstalling them.
- Launch Battle.net app -> Go to Options -> Choose Show in Explorer option.
- Close the Battle.net.
- In the File Explorer window, open the Game Folder (that you want to reset the UI) by double-clicking on it.
- Now, double-click the file that indicates the game version.
- You can find the folders named Cache, Interface, and WTF. Rename these folders by adding Old at the end, like CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFOld.
Once you are done with the above steps, launch the game and check the error message appears or not.
- Step 4
Shut Down Background Apps
Due to conflicting and malicious third-party programs, you can engage with these errors. So, our best suggestion is, close all those background apps before you launch the game in Battle.net on your Windows 10.
- Go to the System Tray -> Right-click on the empty space and select Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Startup tab -> Select the Startup app -> Click Disable button.
- After disabling, check the game is loading properly or not. If you still engage with the same issue, repeat the above step until you fix it.
Finally, restart your Windows computer and launch your favorite game on Battle.net to test whether the error appears or not.
- Step 5
Allow Blizzard Services Through Windows Firewall
You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services error occurs if your Windows Firewall is blocking Blizzard to run on your PC. Therefore, add Blizzard to the firewall to grant permission for this app to run on your computer.
- Press Windows+ R -> Type control firewall.cpl -> Click OK.
- On the left panel, go with the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall tab.
- Click the Change Settings button -> Click Allow another app button.
- Now, add the Blizzard or Battle.net App to the exception list.
- After finishing, click Ok to save the changes.
Rerun the game and check the Blizzard services disconnecting issue is solved.
- Step 6
Update Windows OS
If none of the above solutions fix the You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services, check for Windows updates.
Outdated Windows 10 also cause these kinds of problems, so keep your device up-to-date to play the games error-freely.
- Press Windows logo -> Type Check for Updates -> Click Check for Updates option listed under the results.
- In the pop-up window, click on the Check for Updates button.
- Thus, it checks for the latest Windows updates and installs (if any) them automatically on your device.
Finally, restart your computer and relaunch the game in Battle.net to play it.
Tips To Avoid You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services
Contact Official Support
By applying the above methods, You have been disconnected from Blizzard services error on your Windows 10. There are some gamers who still encounter the same error message after using all the techniques.
But don’t worry! You have some more ways to get rid of this issue. One such is visiting the Game Forums of Blizzard Entertainment. Even there are some third-party forums also, like Reddit, etc.
If nothing helps you, you can uninstall and reinstall the game on your Windows PC. Or else you can contact the support team of Blizzard Entertainment and ask them what to do to fix this issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I would like to say that Blizzard Entertainment is the best destination to get your favorite games. In one place, you can purchase, download, and play the game online on your computer.
If you’re unable to play the game or log in due to this Blizzard services disconnecting issue, you can use the given techniques one by one.
Whenever you find any difficulty or if you don’t understand anything, contact us by posting the message. We will reach you within a short time with the appropriate solution.
Hopefully, our troubleshooting methods have solved the You Have Been Disconnected From Blizzard Services issue on your Windows 10.