Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen
Did the Skyrim stuck in the infinite loading screen? Want to clear this issue and start playing without any of these errors? Then you can resolve it through the following listed solutions.
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is the popular action role-playing game designed by Bethesda Game Studios, and Bethesda Softworks released it in the market.
Due to some issues, sometimes, Skyrim will not open and shows only the loading screen. Most of the time, this issue is encountered by the new players or users who have installed the mods.
Like this, it includes several other reasons for the cause of this Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen issue. Browse this article until the last sentence and get knowledge on how to fix this issue.
Earlier, we have discussed various errors that occur while playing or launching the Skyrim game. Now, we are going to discuss that particular issue that irritates the players a lot.
When you click the desktop icon or trying to launch it through Steam Client, it doesn’t open at all and simply shows the loading screen. With an infinite loading process, it eats our valuable time and ends up not playing the game at all.
Not only that, but it also occurs whenever you want to create a new save file and start playing the game on their PCs.
This problem is faced by many users on their Windows PCs and video game consoles. Want to know why this Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen occurs? Here are the top reasons for it.
If you are currently facing this issue, then the reason might be one of the above ones. You neither remove the loading screen nor play the game until you fix it.
That’s the reason why we came here to offer basic and advanced troubleshooting methods. Go through the below sections and play the game without any issues.
The players of Skyrim always encounter one or other errors while playing it. That’s why we are providing a few issues that belong to the Skyrim game.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
If you are facing the Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen error, then firstly, take a look at the basic troubleshooting methods given below. Apply those steps carefully to avoid further mistakes.
Restart your PC
Whatever problem it is and whichever the device is, you need to restart it. Whether it is a Microsoft Windows or Xbox One or PlayStation, first, you have to reboot it. After that, check the problem is disappeared or not.
In the same way, the users who are facing the Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen have to reboot their Windows desktops. If the problem is resolved, then start playing it. Or else you need to move to the following methods.
Check the Device Drivers
Device Drivers play a major role in working the hardware components according to their functioning. If the drivers are corrupted, missing, outdated, or faulty, then those devices will not work at all.
If we continue to use them like that, then the system performance will completely fall down. At the same time, the apps or games will not launch.
It means the device drivers will cause this Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen error. Thus, check for the faulty or expired drivers and upgrade them on your Windows PC.
You can choose either a manual method or an automatic update process to upgrade the drivers.
- First of all, press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type device manager and click the OK button.
- Expand the Device Adapters by double-clicking on them.
- Right-click on the currently using graphics drivers and click Update Driver Software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver update process.
- After that, launch the game and see the problem is fixed or not.
If you want to finish this method quickly and in automatic, then install the driver updater, such as IObit Driver Booster. It will scan and update the drivers automatically within seconds.
Steps To Fix Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen Issue
The advanced troubleshooting methods that lead you to fix the Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen are given below.
- Step 1
Modify the Memory Allocation
If the memory shortage problem arises, then the Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen occurs. In this situation, the users have to change the memory allocation.
For that, you need to alter the SafetyLoad Config file to configure the safety load to work while the Skyrim in the loading screen.
You have to follow the below steps to change the default settings so that you can fix this issue.
But before going to execute the below guidelines, you must install the Skyrim Script Extender. Click here to install Skyrim Script Extender on your Windows 10.
- In the first step, press Windows + E to open the File Explorer.
- After that, navigate the following path,
- Double-click the SafetyLoad.ini to open it on your PC.
- Identify the EnableOnlyLoading and change its value from False to True.
- Finally, save the file and close it.
Relaunch the Skyrim game and check the infinite loading screen is fixed or not.
- Step 2
Uninstall Skyrim Mods
For enhancing the game appearance, we install mods. More than that, it will help the user to play the game with a wonderful experience. It completely changes the gaming functions by adding extra features.
But equivalently, there are some disadvantages that we face after installing the mods. If you have installed any mods on the Skyrim game, then it might be the reason for the Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen issue.
The problematic mods that conflict with the display of the game can lead to the occurrence of this error. Therefore, we would like to say that uninstall all those troublesome mods from Skyrim.
After finishing the uninstallation process, try to launch the game and check the error is fixed or still persists.
In case if you still face the Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen error, then Mods are not the reason for this issue. So, move to the next methods to fix it.
- Step 3
Edit Skyrim Script Extender File
Most of the users who have faced this problem are resolved it by editing the Skyrim Script Extender. Execute the below steps to edit the SKSE.
- If you have installed Skyrim through Steam Client, then launch Steam by double-clicking on its desktop icon.
- Now, open the Library tab located at the top of the window.
- After that, find out the Skyrim game on the list.
- Right-click on the Skyrim game and click Properties.
- You will see the properties page of Skyrim, and in that, navigate to the Local Files tab.
- Click the Browse Local Files option.
- In the next step, open the Skyrim folder and navigate the following one,
- Data -> Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE).
- In that, you need to locate the skse.ini file -> Right-click on it -> Click Open -> Click Notepad. (Note: If you didn’t find any such file, then create a file and name it as skse.ini).
- Copy and paste the following lines in that file.
- Go to the File menu and click the Save option.
Now, check the Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen issue is fixed or not by launching it on your Windows PC.
Even some users have fixed the problem by modifying the properties of skse_loader.exe file. So, we want the users to follow the same to resolve it.
- Open the Skyrim folder and identify the skse_loader.exe file.
- After locating it, right-click on it and click Create a shortcut on the Desktop option.
- Now, go to that Desktop Shortcut and right-click on it.
- You need to open the Shortcut tab.
- Come to the Target field and add “-forcesteamloader” at the last.
- Click the OK button to save the changes. Now, run the Skyrim game and see the problem is disappeared or not.
- Step 4
Edit Skyrim Preferences File
If none of the above troubleshooting methods helped you, then editing the Skyrim Preferences file might fix this issue. Try to apply the below steps carefully and get rid of the error.
- Press Windows + E and navigate the following path,
- This PC -> Open the Local Disk -> Users -> Your Account (The account where you have installed the Skyrim) -> Documents -> My Games -> Skyrim.
- Locate the skyrim.ini and right-click on it. Now, click the Open and select Notepad.
- Now, you have to modify the value of fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS from the current value to 2000.0.
- Click the File menu and go with the Save option.
Launch the Skyrim game and check the Infinite Loading Screen problem is completely eliminated or not.
- Step 5
Use the Registry Editor
Moreover, the default registry settings on our Windows PC can cause this Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen error. If the loading time is more than the default registry value, then it considers the game as a not responding program.
That’s why we need to make some changes to the Windows Registry through the below guidelines. But before, you can back up the registry to avoid any loss of essential Windows Registry files.
- Press Windows + R -> Type regedit -> Hit Enter.
- Open the following path,
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- Now, identify the HungAppTimeout entry on the right-side panel.
- In case if you didn’t find it, then create a new string and name it as HungAppTimeout.
- For that, right-click on the empty space -> Click New -> Choose String Value.
- Now, right-click on the HungAppTimeout and click Modify.
- The Edit String pop-up window appears on our desktop. In that, type 30000 under the Value Data section.
- Click the OK button to save.
- Finally, reboot the computer and check the problem is fixed or not by launching the Skyrim game.
- Step 6
Install the Skyrim Game Again on your PC
The final method that we offer to fix this Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen is uninstalling and reinstalling the Skyrim game.
First of all, uninstall this game completely from your PC, including removal of leftovers and files associated with it.
After that, reboot the computer and install the Skyrim game again on your Windows 10.
Now, launch the game and start playing it without engaging with any loading screen issues.
Tips To Avoid Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen
Contact Official Support
The users will be fed up and frustrated when they see the loading screen continuously on their desktops. But with the methods displayed in the above sections, you can completely resolve the issue.
As far as we consider, we have given enough information about the reasons for its cause and how to fix the issue. In case if you still face the same problem, once look after the Bethesda forums for any other methods.
If you haven’t found anything useful, then directly make contact with the official customer support team of Bethesda. Explain your problem (Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen) clearly and get the tips & tricks to fix it.
Final Words: Conclusion
Therefore, I can say that action video game like The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is the most-lovable game for thousands of users. Whenever they face any issue, they try to resolve it and start playing the game on their devices.
Using this post, the players can get to know how to solve the Infinite Loading Screen while launching the Skyrim game. We listed almost all the available troubleshooting methods that can fix this issue.
If you have cracked it with any new trick, then please share it with us through this post. Also, we are here to help you in fixing any kind of technical issue. Just contact us by leaving a message in the following comment box.