Is Subnautica crashing on your Windows computer? Then you’ve landed on the right post.
Today, we came here to offer various workarounds that troubleshoot the Subnautica Crashing issue. In addition to that, you can also browse tips to avoid, contact official support and related problems sections in this article.
Subnautica is a popular survival action-adventure game created and released by Unknown Worlds Entertainment. Gamers who have an interest in exploring new locations and accept the challenges can play this game.
The players have to explore the ocean on the Alien Planet 4546B. But while playing the game, it suddenly crashes without any notifications.
You are not the only person who faces this problem. There are several people who face trouble with the Subnautica Crashing issue. That’s why we came up with the best solutions to fix it.
Problem Overview: Subnautica Crashing
Steam Store contains numerous video games, including the newly released games. Even it provides discounts while purchasing the games.
Subnautica is one such top-best game for Windows users. This open-world survival action-adventure is available for free of cost.
Unknown Worlds Entertainment designed the game in such a way that gamers have to explore the ocean that belongs to the alien planet named 4546B.
They explore the ocean after crashing their spaceship (Aurora) on the planet’s surface. They have to survive in all the circumstances and face the creatures to lead their life.
Subnautica is compatible with multiple platforms, such as Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, etc.
While playing Subnautica on our computers, it crashes or freezes all of suddenly. After digging deeply, we found the following reasons cause this error.
You have to find why the Subnautica game is crashing, and after that, you’ve to select the best methods from the given ones to fix it.
Related Problems: Subnautica Crashing
Now, move to the following paragraphs and know various areas where the Subnautica game crashes.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Subnautica Crashing
Check out the basic methods that help in solving the Subnautica Crashing issue on your Windows 10 PC.
Perform a Clean Boot
There are some programs that conflict with the Subnautica game. That’s the reason why you have to perform a clean boot of your Windows computer.
Check out the following instructions and carefully execute them to clean boot your Windows PC.
- Press Windows + R -> Type msconfig -> Click OK.
- Under the System Configuration, go to the Services tab.
- Locate the Hide all Microsoft Services option and check the checkbox next to it.
- Uncheck the checkboxes that are related to your hardware, such as NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel.
- Click the Disable All button.
- Now, click on the OK button to save the changes.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Startup tab -> Select the Program that might conflict with the game -> Click on the Disable button.
Reboot your Windows PC and check the Subnautica game is crashing or not.
Steps To Fix Subnautica Crashing Issue
There are several other troubleshooting methods that will solve the Subnautica Crashing problem on your Windows 10.
- Step 1
Verify the Game Files Integrity
If the game files of Subnautica are corrupted or missing, the game will crash, freeze, and doesn’t respond at all. The best solution is validating the game files via Steam Client.
- Launch Steam Client -> Enter the credentials to access your Steam account.
- Go to the Library -> From the game list, find the Subnautica and right-click on it -> Click Properties.
- Once you see the Subnautica Properties page, go to the Local Files tab
- Finally, click on the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files to check and repair the corrupted game files.
After everything finishes smoothly, restart your PC and check the game is crashing or not.
- Step 2
Reset Game Options
If you want to totally avoid the Subnautica Crashing error, you need to reset a few game options. To do so, you need to execute the below instructions.
- Double-click the Steam desktop shortcut to launch it on your PC.
- After that, find the Subnautica game from the Library.
- Once you find it, right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Under the Subnautica Properties, click the Local Files tab.
- Now, select the first option, Browse Local Files.
- You can see the root folder of Subnautica on your computer.
- Now, find the SNAppData folder and copy it to a different directory.
- In the next step, you have to open the SavedGames folder -> Organize the files based on the Date Modified.
- Locate the CellsCache and right-click on it -> Click Rename -> Add .old at the end of its name.
- You have to do the same to the CompiledOctreesCache folder.
Now, relaunch Subnautica and check the game is crashing or runs smoothly.
- Step 3
Add More Paging File Memory
One of the best solutions that most users follow to resolve the Subnautica Crashing issue is adding more paging file memory.
If you don’t know how to allocate the additional paging file memory, then follow the procedure given below.
- Right-click This PC -> Select Properties from the context menu.
- Go to the Advanced System Settings tab on the left panel.
- After that, click on the Settings under the Performance option.
- Under the Performance Options window, click the Change button.
- Disable the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option by unchecking the checkbox.
- Check the radio button next to the Custom Size -> Type the Initial Size and Maximum Size values.
(The Rule of Thumb to resolve this problem is to add or allocate 2 GB more memory than you already have).
Now, see the Subnautica Crashing problem is solved or still exists.
- Step 4
Overclocking is a fantastic Windows feature that enhances the device’s performance. For free of cost, we can boost up the computer by enabling this Overclocking option.
But there are some drawbacks too, such as crashing the game while playing it on our PCs. Even there are some Overclocking apps, like MSI Afterburner, Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel XTU), etc.
If your computer possesses any of this software, then uninstall them quickly in order to play the Subnautica cashless.
- Step 5
Update Graphics Card Drivers
Not only Subnautica, but each and every video game need upgraded graphics card drivers. Once the drivers got corrupted or expire, the game will not run properly on your computer.
The Subnautica Crashing error might be due to the outdated GPU drivers. Therefore, search for the latest drivers and get them onto your PC.
Compared to the manual driver update, we recommend the automatic driver update complete the process quickly and easily.
For that, you have to install any best driver updater on your Windows 10. If you ask us, then we suggest the IObit Driver Booster because of its simple UI.
After upgrading your graphics card drivers, check the Subnautica Crashing is solved or not.
- Step 6
Set the Game to Use Dedicated GPU Card
By default, video games use an inbuilt or integrated graphics card. Since Subnautica is fully loaded with high-end graphics, it requires a separate GPU Card.
If your Windows computer includes any dedicated GPU card, then set your Subnautica game to use it to overcome any kind of problems while playing it on our devices.
Tips To Avoid Subnautica Crashing
Want to avoid the crashing issues and play the Subnautica game smoothly? Then you need to follow the below tips.
Contact Official Support
From the above, you got to know the solutions that definitely solve the Subnautica Crashing issue. Either one or more methods can fix the problem and allow you to play the game without any issues.
What happens when none of the tricks fix it? In this case, you need to find instructions on the Unknown Worlds Entertainment forums. You can go through the largest community of this Subnautica and find any useful steps.
Since many users play through Steam Client, you can take the help of its technical support team of Steam. Finally, uninstall & reinstall Subnautica and start playing it without any errors.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I conclude that Subnautica is a wonderful action-adventure game where you’ve to survive on the alien planet’s ocean.
Either upgrading the GPU drivers, disabling the startup apps, or validating the game files, the Subnautica Crashing error will be solved.
After fixing, share the information of those tips and tricks that helped you a lot. Feel free to ask your doubts whenever you come across them while using the above steps.
Provide your valuable comments on this troubleshooting guide as a recognization for our service. Subscribe to our blog to keep in touch with the latest blogs.