Gamers who are playing Halo Infinite complain that the game is crashing in the mid-game or while launching it. There are several people who suffer from this issue on their devices.
That is the reason why we came here to provide the best troubleshooting methods that resolve the Halo Infinite Crashing issue.
In this post, we will let you know complete information about this problem and how to tackle it. Just read the paragraphs carefully and get the issue fixed.
Halo Infinite is the first-person shooter video game for Windows and other users. It is developed by 343 Industries, whereas it was released by Xbox Game Studios in the year 2021.
Though it came up with some extra features compared to the previous installment, Halo 5: Guardians, it troubles the user by showing various problems.
While launching Halo Infinite or playing it on our PCs, it crashes suddenly on our PCs. To know why this problem happens and fix it, you better move to the following sections.
Halo Infinite Crashing: Problem Overview
Gamers love to play shooting video games on their Windows computers. 343 Industries designed one such series, namely Halo, with multiple installments.
Halo Infinite is the sixth main part of the Halo series, which was published by Xbox Game Studio. This multiplayer game is free to play on our devices.
If you want to purchase it, do it through your Steam account. After buying it from the Steam Store, you can download and install it on your Windows devices.
Like other games, Halo Infinite also irritates us while starting or in the middle of the gameplay. Without showing any warning messages, the game crashes on our desktops.
If you encounter this Halo Infinite Crashing problem, you can check out the possible reasons for it in the below steps.
Now, it’s time to look after the methods that will resolve this issue on your Windows 11.
Halo Infinite Crashing: Related Problems
Now, read the following paragraphs and know different areas where you can face the Halo Infinite Crashing issue & how to fix it.
Halo Infinite Crashing: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Before applying the below basic methods, restart your Windows 11 PC. After that, relaunch Halo Infinite and see the game crashes or not. Move to the following steps if you encounter the same problem again on your device.
Check the Game and PC Requirements
Insufficient memory, disk space, processor, and other system requirements majorly affect the game. That’s why the Halo Infinite game might be crashing at mid-game or while starting it.
To be sure, you need to know the minimum game specifications and match them with your PC ones.
- Operating System: Windows 10 or Windows 11 (only 64-bit)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel i5-4440
- RAM: 8 GB or Above
- Hard-disk: 50 GB of free space
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti or AMD RX 570
- DirectX: Version 12
If your computer fully matches with the Halo Infinite requirements, then it could be some other reason that causes the crashing issue.
Run Halo Infinite with Admin Rights & Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
Halo Infinite is bundled with many features, and to use all these advanced options, we require administrator permissions.
If you are not starting the game with admin rights, the game will freeze and crash at any time. Therefore, don’t forget to launch Halo Infinite as an administrator to overcome these issues.
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Now, move to the directory where you have downloaded and installed Halo Infinite game.
- Right-click on the executable file of the game -> Choose Properties.
- From the Compatibility tab, enable Run this program as an administrator option.
- At the same time, check the box next to the Disable Full-Screen Optimizations.
- In the next step, click on the Change High DPI Settings button.
- Go to the High DPI Scaling Override section -> Enable the Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:
- Finally, click on the OK button to save the settings.
Rerun the Halo Infinite game and test the crashing problem occurs again or not.
Steps To Fix Halo Infinite Crashing Issue
Don’t worry! You have several other methods on your hands to stop crashing issues while gaming Halo Infinite game.
- Step 1
Update Windows 11
Firstly, check the Windows Operating System that you’re using on your computer. It means whether the OS is up to date with the latest releases or not.
In case if Windows is expired, the bugs or other glitches crash the apps and games while loading them on our devices. To stop these errors, you have to install the latest versions released by Microsoft.
- Press Windows + I keys on your keyboard to open Settings.
- Stay in the Windows Update tab, click on the Check for Updates button.
Now, it will check for the latest updates and install them (if your Windows is older) on your computer. It takes several hours to upgrade your Windows 11.
After that, restart the device and check the game is working finely or not.
- Step 2
Verify the Game Integrity
If Halo Infinite still crashes, the game files might be deleted or corrupted. To find and repair these bad game files, you have to execute the following steps.
- Launch Steam Client by double-clicking on its icon.
- Go to the Game Library -> Right-click on the Halo Infinite game -> Choose Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files tab, and click on the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
Thus, it starts validating the game files and repairs them automatically whenever it comes across any corrupted files.
- Step 3
Upgrade Graphics Card Drivers
Are you using outdated video drivers on your Windows 11? If so, then immediately download the latest versions of graphics card drivers.
To run any video game, including Halo Infinite, the GPU drivers must to up to date; otherwise, it will show various problems, like crashing, freezing, black screen, etc.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Expand Display Adapters -> Right-click the Graphics Card -> Click Update Driver.
- Now, select the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
After going through some on-screen instructions, the drivers get upgraded on your PC. Once finished, reboot the computer and relaunch Halo Infinite to test the issue is solved.
- Step 4
Close Conflicting Programs
Conflicting applications, such as antivirus, firewall, VPNs, and others, stop the games from running on your computer. If any of these programs running in the background, then terminate them to resolve this Halo Infinite Crashing error.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Right-click on the process that you want to close -> Click End Task.
Once you shut down all those problematic programs, check the game is still crashing or not.
- Step 5
Disable In-Game Overlay
If the above solutions failed to fix the Halo Infinite Crashing error, then disable the in-game overlays. There are reports that Discord and Steam Overlays cause many issues, including crashing while playing the games.
To disable the in-game overlay, you have to follow the given procedure.
- Open Steam Client -> Go to the Library and find the Halo Infinite -> Right-click on the game and choose Properties.
- Stay in the General tab -> On the right pane, uncheck the box next to the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game option.
Once you make the above changes, check the Halo Infinite Crashing is solved on your Windows 11 PC.
- Step 6
Check your DLC
Gamers who faced this Halo Infinite Crashing issue have fixed it by disabling some specific DLCs. One such DLC that you have to disable is Multiplayer High-Res Textures.
According to their research, this DLC is causing performance issues while loading or playing the Halo Infinite game. So, turn off this DLC by using the below steps.
- Go to the desktop -> Double-click on the Steam shortcut to open it on your PC.
- From the Library, locate Halo Infinite and right-click on it -> Click Properties.
- On the left-side pane, choose DLC. After that, disable the Multiplayer High-Res Textures by unchecking the box.
- Save the changes and close the window.
Now, relaunch Halo Infinite on your PC and check the game is crashing.
Tips To Avoid Halo Infinite Crashing
Contact Official Support
Before checking out this section itself, users will resolve the Halo Infinite Crashing issue with our techniques. Crashing happens with almost all video games, but it can be solved by using the appropriate solutions.
If the Halo Infinite Crashing again occurs, you need to remove and reinstall it freshly on your computer. Before that, visit Xbox Communities and find any other instructions.
Or else post your query on these communities and wait for the response. If you didn’t get any positive response, then contact the Xbox Game Studios Customer Desk.
The support team of this game publisher will provide certain steps that fix the crashing issues of the Halo Infinite game.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, 343 Industries develops a variety of video games, and one such is Halo Infinite game. Players who are fond of playing shooting video games can try this game on their Windows PCs.
If you didn’t understand any method explained above, you can contact us at any time. Also, share your own hacks that have fixed this crashing issue.
For any compliments or suggestions, you can use the comment box given below. We are here to provide troubleshooting methods on any kind of technical problem.
Finally, subscribe to our blog in order to keep in touch with the latest articles related to different technical issues.