Are you facing Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error on your Windows 10? Want to use the mods installed on your Witcher 3 game? Then this article is for you people.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the best action role-playing video game manufactured by CD Projekt. The Open-World video game includes stunning & attractive graphics and a lovable game story.
You can download and install this Witcher 3 through Steam on your Windows PC and start playing it. In order to enhance the gaming performance, there are several mods available for this game.
But a few players are complaining about the script compilation error whenever they try to apply the mods to the Witcher 3 game.
If you’re also facing any such issue, then you can make use of the below methods to fix it.
Problem Overview: Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error
Polish developers named CD Projekt Red created Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game. It is the sequel of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. Like the previous installment, the third part also contains a stunning action sequence.
Through your Steam account, you can purchase this Witcher 3: Wild Hunt from the store. There are thousands and thousands of gamers who are playing this action role-playing game.
Like other popular games, it also provides the modding community. But there are some users who face problems with the mods of this Witcher 3 game.
If you come across this Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error, then the following are the reasons for it.
Once you find the exact reason for this issue, you need to pick the perfect workaround and apply it to solve it.
Related Problems: Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error
To provide additional information to our users, we are providing multiple variations of this script compilation error.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error
The users who want to fix this Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error have to go through the basic methods given below.
Remove Faulty Mods
Due to conflicts between the mods that are installed on the Witcher 3 game, you come across this script compilation error.
The version of the mod is very important in order to play the game error-freely. If you’ve installed multiple mods and that too different versions, then those mods will contradict to each other.
For example, if one mod version is 1.30 and another one is 1.31, then you will see this script compilation error. That is the reason why we are suggesting you remove the faulty mods from your game.
Steps To Fix Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error Issue
Don’t be frustrated if you failed to fix this Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error with the above tricks because you have several other methods.
Carefully read the given instructions and execute them on your Windows computer to solve it.
- Step 1
Update Mods and Witcher 3 Game
Whichever problem you face with this Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, you need to check whether the game is up-to-date or not. Why because the expired version of the game is the major culprit that causes these kinds of issues.
So, to fix this script compilation error, you need to check for the latest game patches. If there are any such newer game updates available, then download and install them on your Windows 10 to fix it.
- First of all, launch your default web browser (Google Chrome or others) on your PC.
- After that, download the Day 1 Patch, 1.10 Patch, 1.22 Patch, 1.24 Patch, 1.30 Patch, and 1.31 Patch.
- Once the downloading process gets finished, start installing them one after the other in order.
- To start the setup process or to install the patch, open the folder -> Double-click on the .exe file -> Now, it opens a new window, and in that, click the Update button.
- By doing so, the game will be updated to the newer patch 1.31.
Apart from the above, you have to make sure the version of the mods that you are going to download for this Witcher is 1.31. If you don’t install the required mod version, then those mods will not be compatible with the game.
- Step 2
Download the Unification Patch
In addition to the above methods, you have the best technique to fix this Witcher 3 script compilation error, and that is downloading Unification Patch.
When you don’t want to upgrade the mods, and if the mods & the game versions are completely different, you can apply the unification patch. You can use the below steps to finish this method.
- Open your web browser -> Click here to download the Unification Patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game.
- After downloading the unification patch, copy all the content and Mods.
- Open the directory where you have installed your game -> Paste them in Witcher 3 folder.
- You can see a new window, and in that, click on the Copy and Replace option.
- By doing so, the folders get replaced error-freely.
Relaunch the Witcher 3 and check the script compilation error is fixed on your PC or not.
- Step 3
Merge Mod Scripts
You know what! The Mods that you were installed on your Witcher 3 game might be incompatible with each other. It leads to several issues, and one such is a script compilation error.
You can use the Script Merger software to fix this script compilation error on your computer.
- First of all, download the Script Merger on your Windows 10.
- After downloading, run it and follow the on-screen steps to install the Script Merger.
- Once you see the home screen of this software, click on the three dots on the top of the screen.
- Now, browse the Witcher 3 directory.
- Locate the Conflicts label, tap on the Refresh button to identify the problematic mods.
- You need to find the faulty mods -> Click on the Merge Selected Script button.
- By doing so, the conflicting mods get repaired automatically. If there are any mods that need to be updated manually, then it will display them on your screen. Click OK.
- On the upper part of the screen, you can see three columns named A, B, and C. On the lower part, you can see the one Output Column.
- If you see the mods in the yellow color, then you have to repair them manually.
- Scroll down to the output column -> Find the line that says Merge Column -> Right-click on the line and click on the column label that is labeled in yellow color.
- In the next step, you have to go to the File tab and choose the Save option from the menu to save the modifications.
- On the window that appears on the screen, click the OK button and exit the Script Merger software.
Now, check the Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error is fixed on your PC or still persists.
- Step 4
Delete the Hack Folder & Update the Telemetry Keyword
The final method to fix this issue is deleting the hack folder and updating the telemetry keyword. For that,
- Press Windows + E -> Navigate to the Witcher 3 game’s installation folder.
- Go to the Tasks folder -> Select the Hack Folder and delete it.
- Again go back to the script folder -> Double-click the Engine folder to open it.
- Right-click on the empty space -> Choose Text Document -> Rename the folder as telemetryKeyword.ws.
- Now, open this telemetryKeyword.ws document -> Copy and paste the following lines.
/** © 2015 CD PROJEKT S.A. All rights reserved.
/** THE WITCHER® is a trademark of CD PROJEKT S. A.
/** The Witcher game is based on the prose of Andrzej Sapkowski.
import class CR4TelemetryScriptProxy extends CObject
import final function LogWithName( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents );
import final function LogWithLabel( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents, label : String );
import final function LogWithValue( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents, value : int );
import final function LogWithValueStr( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents, value : String );
import final function LogWithLabelAndValue( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents, label : String, value : int );
import final function LogWithLabelAndValueStr( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents, label : String, value : String );
import final function SetCommonStatFlt( statType: ER4CommonStats, value : float );
import final function SetCommonStatI32( statType: ER4CommonStats, value : int );
import final function SetGameProgress( value : float );
import final function AddSessionTag( tag : String );
import final function RemoveSessionTag( tag : String );
import final function XDPPrintUserStats( statisticName : String );
import final function XDPPrintUserAchievement( achievementName : String );
- Save the document and close it.
Now, relaunch the Witcher 3 game and see the script compilation error is solved.
Note: If you find the same document file in that folder, then replace the file with the new one.
Tips To Avoid Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error
Contact Official Support
With the above methods, Witcher 3: Wild Hunt players can solve this script compilation error. But there are some people who still encounter the same issue even after following all the tips and tricks.
Now, we recommend to those users to uninstall the Witcher 3 and reinstall it cleanly on their PCs. If you can’t fix it after reinstalling it, then contact the technical experts of Witcher 3.
Tell them about the script compilation error that you’re facing on Witcher 3 game. They will come up with the instructions that allow you to fix it.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I conclude that Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the best action role-playing video game for Windows users. You can use the compatible or supported mods on this Witcher 3 to play it with more effects.
If you see the script compilation error, fix it with all the methods discussed above. Have you come across any queries while going through this troubleshooting guide? Then leave the message in the comment box.
You can also contact us to fix any other PC or gaming issue. Finally, subscribe to our blog to stay up-to-date with the latest troubleshooting guides on various topics.