Last updated on March 24th, 2021 at 02:47 pm
Did the touch screen of your Toshiba Laptop is not working? Want to fix this simple error with easy techniques? Then follow this post to know the tips and tricks that solve the Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working error.
We know that the usage of touch screen systems is increasing all over the world. Touch Screens are used in Smartphones, tablets, laptops, and others.
Most of the top multi-national companies are developing these touch screen devices. One such branded that manufactures touch screen laptops is Toshiba.
A huge number of people are using Toshiba Touch Screen Laptops to work quicker and easier. But they are facing a few problems with the touch screens.
That’s the reason why we brought up the methods that can fix the Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working issue. Thoroughly read the article and apply the tips to resolve it.
Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working: Problem Overview
Presently, there are numerous laptop brands with touch screens all over the world. Some of them are Toshiba, Microsoft, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, HP, and many more.
Depending upon the configurations, they perform well so as to finish the tasks smoothly. Even though we take care of the laptop’s hardware and software, the users are facing many issues.
Without any reason, it generates error messages while working on it. But in some cases, the user will encounter problems due to some simple and severe causes.
Coming to Toshiba, most of them are facing problems with the touch screen. The consumers who are searching for the best techniques can use this post. Here we are offering the basic & advanced methods to fix the Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working error.
Before going to that, let us see the reasons for the occurrence of this error. Some of the causes of the touch screen not working in Toshiba laptop are:
Now, you got to know the reasons for this Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working error. So, execute the given techniques as we said to resolve it.
Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working: Related Problems
We are going to discuss those problems that are usually faced by the users while working with the touch screen devices. Some of them are:
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working error can be fixed by using simple or basic troubleshooting methods. Let’s try out the following tips to repair the touch panel.
Reboot the Laptop
Restarting the Laptop is the basic step that we use while engaging with any problems. Whether it is related to hardware or software, we first do the rebooting process.
It is not sure that this trick will work-out for all kinds of issues. But trying it will not a few seconds and might fix the error. So, we suggest the users to restart the system using any of the following methods.
- Method 1: Press Alt and F4 to see the Shut down window. From the drop-down list, select the Restart option.
- Method 2: Click the Start Menu and choose the Power icon. You have to choose the Restart from the listed options.
Clean the Display/Screen
Some users quietly use the laptop without cleaning it. While working on it, dust particles will form on the panel. Thus, the touch screen does not work properly.
If we continue to use it like that, it completely damages. So, we say that the Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working error occurs due to the dust.
We suggest the users who face this problem have to clean the panel/display neatly with a microfibre cloth. Don’t use water or other liquid items to clean.
If you are using the screen protector on your laptop, then also this touch screen problem arises. Thus, remove the protector or screen guard to resolve the issue.
Unplug the Devices
For printing and scanning, we connect printers and scanners to our laptops. At the same time, we use USB devices like Keyboard, Mouse, and Pen Drives.
Like this, there are many other peripherals that we use with our systems. Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working error also occurs due to the newly connected devices.
Disconnecting or unplugging the peripherals from your Toshiba laptop can solve these touch screen errors.
Steps To Fix Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working Issue
If the basic methods didn’t solve the touch screen problems, use the following advanced methods.
- Step-1 : Update Touch Screen Drivers
- Step-2 : Re-Enable the Touch Screen Option
- Step-3 : Make Changes To The Power Management Settings
- Step-4 : Scan your Laptop with Antivirus/Anti-Malware
- Step-5 : Calibrate Your Touch Screen
- Step-6 : Remove Recently Installed Apps
- Step-7 : Run your System in Safe Mode
- Step-8 : Rollback the Drivers
- Step 1
Update Touch Screen Drivers
For making the hardware devices to work according to their functioning, we need to use compatible & updated drivers.
If the drivers are expired or corrupted, then it shows various hardware issues. At the same time, the incompatible drivers lead to the entire damage of the system.
Coming to the Toshiba Laptop, the users have to use the latest and compatible Touch Screen drivers.
You can use either the manual or automatic process for upgrading the drivers.
For manually updating the drivers, visit the manufacturer’s website on your laptop. From that, identify the latest and matched touch screen drivers. Finally, download and install them on your Toshiba laptop.
For automatic updating, use the below guidelines.
- Download the best driver update software, such as IObit Driver Booster.
- After launching it on your PC, use the Scan option to know the expired drivers.
- If the list contains the Touch Screen Driver, then click the Update button.
- Thus, it downloads and installs the latest touch screen drivers from the official manufacturer on your laptop.
Once you restart the system, check the touch screen is working or not.
- Step 2
Re-Enable the Touch Screen Option
When the touch screen of your Toshiba Laptop stops working suddenly without any reason, disable & re-enable it. According to the reviews, most of the users resolved the issue using this tip.
- Use Windows and R to view the run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter button.
- After displaying the device manager, identify the Human Interface Devices.
- Expand it and choose the HID-Compliant Touch Screen.
- In the next step, right on it and select the Disable option.
- Thus, it immediately generates a warning pop-up window. Go with the Yes button to continue the disabling process.
- After disabling, follow the same process and choose the Enable option in the right-click context menu.
By this, the touch screen starts working on your laptop. If not, don’t worry! There are some more methods that can resolve the issue.
- Step 3
Make Changes To The Power Management Settings
When you use the laptops for long hours, Windows automatically stops a few hardware devices to work. So, the changes in the power management settings make the touch screen device to stop running on your laptop.
By this, the Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working problem arises. In order to modify the settings, execute the below steps.
- Open the Device Manager as we explained in the above method.
- Find out the Human Interface Devices (HID) and double-click on it.
- From that, select the HID-Compliant Touch Screen and right-click on it.
- Click the Properties to continue further.
- After seeing the HID-Compliant Touch Screen Properties, navigate to the Power Management tab.
- Disable the “Allow the Computer To Turn off this device to save power” option by unchecking the checkbox.
- Finally, click the OK button to save the changes and reboot the system.
Still, facing problems with the touch screen? Go ahead with the below techniques.
- Step 4
Scan your Laptop with Antivirus/Anti-Malware
Viruses or cyber threats prevailing on your laptop is one of the reasons for touch screen problems. The quick tip that we recommend is running the antivirus scan.
- Download the BullGuard Antivirus or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and complete its installation process.
- After that, scan the entire device to check-out the infected items with the full scan mode.
- If the list contains any wanted apps or files, repair them or remove them completely from the laptop.
- Once you make your system free from viruses, restart the laptop.
Start work with the touch panel and see whether it is working or not.
- Step 5
Calibrate Your Touch Screen
- Open the Control Panel on your Toshiba system.
- Select Hardware and Sound Category.
- Identify the Tablet PC Settings section and click the Calibrate the Screen for pen or touch input option.
- A new window appears on your screen. In that, select the Display tab and click the Calibrate button.
- It asks the admin permissions, so click the Yes button in the User Account Control prompt.
- Now, follow some on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- After completing, save the Calibration data and perform a quick reboot of your laptop.
We strongly believe that the touch screen will work as usual after using the method. So, check it out by touching your screen.
- Step 6
Remove Recently Installed Apps
Newly installed programs might also cause the touch screen problems. So, uninstall all those applications to resolve the Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working error.
- Open the Control Panel and click the Programs category.
- Now, choose the Programs and Features section.
- You can see all the installed applications on your laptop.
- Select the one that you want to remove and click the Uninstall option.
- After completing the removal process of all those latest installed apps, use the touch screen.
If the touch screen still does not respond, then try the below methods.
- Step 7
Run your System in Safe Mode
Running the laptop in safe mode is also one of the best methods to solve many problems. So, let’s try it and check whether the touch screen not working issue is fixed or not.
Follow this link to know How to Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode.
- Step 8
Rollback the Drivers
In a few cases, updating the Windows to the latest versions cause the Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working problem.
By upgrading the Operating System, the inbuilt hardware devices also get updated. In this situation, the drivers face compatibility issues.
When you engage with touch screen problems after updating the Windows, then rollback the drivers to the previous versions.
- Open the Device Manager and choose the HID-Compliant Touch Screen option.
- Select the Properties from the right-click context menu.
- Choose the Driver tab and click the Rollback Driver button.
Thus, the Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working error disappears. Now, you can start working with your touch screen.
Tips To Avoid Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working Issue
Contact Official Support
From our side, we provided the best techniques, along with the reasons that make the touch screen not working. By using single or multiple methods, you can get rid of the issue.
These advanced solutions will definitely fix the touch screen problem. But in rare cases, such as touch screen damage, they still face the issue.
In such a situation, we recommend them to contact the nearest authorized service providers. The professionals can easily handle all these errors.
If you can’t find any solution, then take the advice of the Toshiba support team through email or live chat. In the end, you will fix the issue and work with the touch screen without any troubles.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, Toshiba users can easily understand the given steps and fix their Touch Screen Not Working problem. Whenever you face this issue, you have to resolve it immediately.
Without the proper working of the touch screen, we can’t access the laptop. As we said in the above sections, keep the touch screen drivers up-to-date, clean the screen, remove the viruses, etc.
If you have any other solutions to fix the Toshiba Touch Screen Not Working error, just share it with us via the comment section.
More importantly, the readers can suggest anything or message us by leaving a message in the below box.