Tired of Asus laptop black screen error? Don’t panic, you are at the right place to get rid of this issue. Asus is a popular brand but as electronics is not a world of certainty.
We have enclosed solutions ranging from Hard reset to system restore to fix the “Asus laptop black screen” issue. One of these will surely work for you unless you have any hardware related defect.
According to users they are getting black screen just after the windows logo appears at the startup screen Asus laptop. Many users have found Asus laptop blank screen after bios update. Possible culprits of Asus laptop blank screen after sleep and startup can be the graphics driver or some external peripheral. We have talked on this in detail in the next section.
As reason can be different for different users so we advise you to follow our methods till you fix the black screen issue.
Asus Laptop Black Screen: Problem Overview
According to users when they turned on their Asus laptop, they got the black screen. there was nothing on their Asus laptops screen except black. This made many users complain that “my asus laptop has a black screen”.
Some users have reported that their mouse pointer was moving but the screen was completely black. Others have reported that laptops fan was moving but the screen was black. There is a range of different factors observed under Asus laptop black screen error.
There can be various reasons for this severe issue. We have tried our best to serve you with the exact causes.
Asus Laptop Black Screen: Related Problems
Asus laptop black screen issue has a distinguished amount of related issues. Like, Asus laptop blank screen caps lock light on, Asus laptop blank screen after startup among many more as mentioned below. Just go with the methods provided in this article to fix it.
In many cases, the black screen issue appears at a fundamental level. Basic fixes can resolve those bugs. Before getting into the advanced section go with the below-given method. This simple trick has worked for many. You might be lucky here!
Check on the Display connectivity
There are chances that your operating system has lost the connection with your systems screen display. To revive this connection just press “Windows logo key”, “Shift key”, “Ctrl key”, and “B” together on your keyboard.
It resets the configuration resulting in the system regains its display. In case your system is still in the black screen mode then there might be some deeper glitch. Go for our “Advanced Troubleshooting” section to get a fix.
Step To Fix Asus Laptop Black Screen Issue
Sometimes the reason behind bugs is deep which requires a technical approach. We are here with few methods to fix the “Asus laptop black screen” issue. Do follow the following methods as it has been written. Let’s get started!
- Step 1
Go for Hard Reset in your ASUS laptop
Sometimes the screen gets black but a dot moves around on the screen. in some cases, the mouse pointer is visible and movable. This shows that the glitch might be because of some third-party service or external peripheral.
A hard reset usually refreshes the whole system from the root. This will surely fix the issue with your ASUS laptop.
Go for the following steps to Hard reset your Asus laptop:
- At first, press the power button of your ASUS laptop for 30 to 40 seconds to turn it off completely.
- Now, unplug the power cord and take out the battery. Look for the externally connected devices and take all of them out including Wi-Fi routers.
- Leave your laptop for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Now, get your ASUS laptops charging adapter. Connect it with your laptop and power socket. Switch it on, then tap on the “Power” button of your ASUS laptop to turn it on.
- Wait, to see if it boots up in the right way or not. If the black screen is gone then just shut down your system properly. Put back the batteries and turn it ON again.
Here, the culprit can be your external peripherals. Or there might be a minor bug which got fixed after turning it ON directly. Whatever is the case, we advise you to connect your external peripherals one by one to find out the culprit if it is one.
In case your black screen issue is still not fixed then go for our next method to update your Asus laptops Graphics card.
Note: From here, you might require to enter safe mode as you are unable to access the normal mode. Because you have encountered a black screen issue, to perform the following methods you need to get into safe mode. Go for booting up your system to get into the safe mode.
- Step 2
Update your systems Graphics
An outdated or corrupt graphics card can be the culprit here. As we know the role of graphics in the display. This let’s connect the Operating system with the monitor display. In case there is any bug in this then black screen error is obvious. Go for updating it at first, in case that doesn’t work then go for getting back to the previous state.
Go for the below steps to update your graphics card:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “X”. choose “Device Manager” from the list.
- Now, locate “Display Adapters”, tap on it to expand the options. Choose your graphics driver (NVIDIA, AMD, INTEL, etc) and right click on it to choose “Update Driver”.
- You will get two options, go for the first i.e. “Search automatically for updated driver software” option. Tap on it and go with the on-screen guidance until it ends up.
- Once it is done “Restart” your system.
Now, check if the blue screen got fixed or not. If it is still appearing then go for the below steps.
- Again, get into the safe mode and follow step 1 and step 2.
- This time go for the second option i.e. “Browse my computer for driver software”. You will get a list of drivers with date, choose the oldest one, and tap “Next”. Then follow the on-screen guidance until it finishes.
- Restart your ASUS laptop.
- Now, check if the issue “Asus laptop black screen” got fixed or not. If it is not then go for the next method to restart your Explorer.
- Step 3
Reboot the File explorer
Windows explorer is an essential part of the Windows system when it comes to managing the services and various processes. In case this gets defected or faulty then the consequence can be Black screen issue. For many users just restart explorer.exe has fixed the “Asus laptop black screen” issue.
Follow the below-given steps to perform this:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “X”. choose “Task Manager” from the list.
- Switch to the “Details” tab and find “explorer.exe”. right tap on it and chose “Restart”. (In Windows 7 switch to “Processes” tab)
- Restart your Asus computer.
Now, check if the issue “Asus laptop black screen” got fixed or not. If it is not then move to our next method and disable the fast startup.
- Step 4
Turn off fast startup
Windows 10 has provided various features to its user. But most of the time culprits are these features only which have been developed to benefit users. Well, our concern is to disable this feature as it has created various glitch. Many users have got rid of the black screen issue after turning it off.
Go for the following steps to perform this:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with “R” to get the RUN box. Write “powercfg.cpl” and tap ENTER.
- Look for “Choose what the power buttons do” option and tap on it.
- Tap on “Change settings that are currently unavailable” option.
- You will get “Turn on fast startup (Recommended)”, just unmark it and tap on “save changes” then exit.
- Restart your Asus laptop.
Now, check if your ASUS laptops screen got normal or not. In case a black screen still appears then go for the next method to restore your system.
- Step 5
Ultimate fix: Restore your Asus laptop
Many times, users get troubled by black screen issues just after installing some third-party application or service. Updates have also caused black screen issue to many Asus users. Like, Asus laptop blank screen after bios update has happened to several. Sometimes updates contain a bug or advance feature which conflicts with the system on the ground of compatibility. This leads to the “Asus laptop black screen” issue.
Go for system restore using the steps provided below:
- In the start menu search bar, type “Recovery”. tap on the relevant result.
- A window will appear, tap on the “Open System Restore” option.
- Once the system restores the screen appears, it will show you the list of available restore points with the date. Just go for the oldest restore point. Choose it and tap “Next”.
- Now tap on “Finish” to confirm it. Just wait till it gets finished.
Once your system finishes the restoration, check if the black screen issue got resolved in your Asus laptop or not. As per our knowledge, it should get fixed by now. In case it is still not then go to our Contact official support section for further details.
Tips To Avoid Asus Laptop Black Screen Problem
Contact Official Support
If Your Asus laptop black screen is yet not fixed. Then the cause can be something else that needs to be found out. Well, to do so visit your nearest service center of Asus. Also, make sure you take the related essential documents while visiting.
As Asus is a renowned brand and hardly disappoints its user with its support. No need to worry, they will surely fix the black screen issue in your system.
Final Words: Conclusion
Optimistically, our methods have fixed the “Asus laptop black screen” issue for you. If you have any suggestions or issues regarding the methods, feel free to ping us. Please do not forget the catchup Tips to avoid the black screen issue.
Once you fixed this error, don’t forget to mention your valuable feedback. Keep visiting us for troubleshooting niches on various grounds.