The Risk of Rain 2 Crashing issue is the most frustrating problem that users encounter while playing or loading it on their PCs. If you are currently facing this issue, this article will really help a lot.
We are giving the best workarounds that can resolve the crashing or freezing issues of Risk of Rain 2. Know more about this problem by browsing the below sections.
Risk of Rain 2 is a third-person shooting video game. The character in this video game possesses rogue-like nature. Hopoo Games manufactured this shooter game and was published by Gearbox Publishing.
After installing the game, when users try to launch it, it crashes immediately. Some users say that it works fine for a few minutes, and after that, it crashes or freezes.
There are many reasons for causing this Risk of Rain 2 Crashing error, like bad game files, wrong video drivers, etc. With the given methods, you can easily fix this crashing issue on your PC.
Problem Overview: Risk of Rain 2 Crashing
Currently, there are a huge number of video games under the shooting category. Among those top-best games, Risk of Rain 2 is one.
Gamers who want to purchase this game can do it through their Steam account. By visiting the Steam Store, you can buy the Risk of Rain 2 for your Windows PC.
Not only that, you can update the latest patches of Risk of Rain 2 through Steam Client. Even you can launch and play the game via the Steam app.
There are such hard times when users are loading the game on their PCs. Instead of launching the game, it crashes and doesn’t allow the gamers to play it.
In some cases, restarting the Windows PC can resolve this crashing issue. But if you failed to fix it, then go through the methods discussed below.
First of all, let’s see why the Risk of Rain 2 crashes on your Windows 10 PC.
There are some other reasons too that cause these kinds of problems, but the above takes the major part. Now, move to the next sections to know the methods that fix this Risk of Rain 2 Crashing error.
Related Problems: Risk of Rain 2 Crashing
The users who want to know various areas where the Risk of Rain 2 Crashing occurs can go through this section.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Risk of Rain 2 Crashing
Now, start with the basic methods and try fixing the Risk of Rain 2 Crashing on your Windows 10. Before that, check out the Risk of Rain 2 requirements. After that, check whether your Windows 10 is completely compatible with the minimum game requirements or not.
If your computer possesses all the specs and still the game crashes, then you can fix it by using the below-methods.
Run Steam as an Administrator and in Compatibility Mode
Risk of Rain 2 is a video game that needs admin permissions to use its advanced features and options. If you’re not launching with admin rights, then due to lack of permissions, the game crashes in the mid-game or on startup.
So, launch the ROR2 as an administrator by following the below steps. If you’re loading the game through Steam Client, you need to run Steam with admin rights.
- Right-click the Steam Client -> Click Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab -> Check the box next to Run this program as an administrator option.
- After that, you have to enable the Run this program in the compatibility mode for option.
- Now, choose the Windows version that is older than the current one (like Windows 7 or Windows 8).
- Save the changes and close the window.
Relaunch the Risk of Rain 2 game and check the problem is fixed or still persists.
Set the Game to High Priority
Have you set the Risk of Rain 2 game to low priority on your Windows PC? Then there are chances of crashing the game. Therefore, you have to change the priority to high to solve it. For that,
- Right-click on the empty space of the System Tray -> Click Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab, right-click on the ROR2 game -> Choose Set Priority -> Select High.
- Close the Task Manager and relaunch the ROR2 to check the issue is fixed.
Steps To Fix Risk of Rain 2 Crashing Issue
Don’t waste your time! Let’s see the troubleshooting methods that can solve the Risk of Rain 2 Crashing issue on your Windows 10.
- Step 1
Disable Your Antivirus Temporarily
Firstly, disable your antivirus and other security suites installed on your Windows PC to stop crashing issues while loading Risk of Rain 2 game.
Some antiviruses block the games and apps to run on the device. So, try turning off these security softwares in order to fix it.
- Go to the Taskbar -> Right-click the Antivirus software -> Click Disable the antivirus software temporarily.
Also, turn off the Windows Defender Firewall on your Windows 10 to overcome these troubles. If you still face the error, then use the next methods.
- Step 2
Update your Graphics Drivers
Corrupted or wrong drivers are the most vulnerable thing because it causes many issues, including ROR2 Crashing. You have to install the matchable video drivers as soon as possible to fix this error.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Double-click the Display Adapters -> Select the Video Card if you’re using multiple GPU cards -> Right-click on it -> Click Update Driver.
- Now, follow the on-screen steps to complete the driver update process.
After upgrading the drivers, relaunch Risk of Rain 2 and see the issue is solved.
- Step 3
Verify the Game Integrity
Repairing the game files is also one of the efficient methods to overcome the ROR2 Crashing on Startup and ROR2 Crashing Mid-Game. Steam users can follow the below procedure to repair the ROR2 files.
- First of all, launch Steam Client on your Windows 10.
- Go to the Library -> Right-click the Risk of Rain 2 game -> Click Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab -> Click the last option, Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
After executing the above lines, check the Risk of Rain 2 Crashing is fixed.
- Step 4
Close Background Apps
Software conflicts may arise on your Windows computer, and that could result in crashing the shooting game while launching it. We install various programs/softwares on our PCs.
In this situation, one program may conflict with another app or game. So, it is best to shut down all those apps running on the device before you launch the ROR2 game.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Task Manager.
- Check out the apps running on your PC -> Right-click on the process that you want to close -> Click End Task.
- If you see any prompt, then click yes to continue.
- Like this, you have to close all other background apps to fix it.
- Step 5
Run the Game in Windowed Mode
There are most cases where the game crashes in the full-screen mode. According to some users, they have resolved this issue by forcefully launching the game in the windowed borderless mode.
- Launch Steam Client -> Go to the Game Library -> Search for the Risk of Rain 2 game and right-click on it -> Click Properties.
- Stay in the General tab -> Select the Set Launch Options.
- You can see the Command Line Argument, and in that, type -windowed -noborder.
Close the Steam app and relaunch the Risk of Rain 2 to check the crashing occurs again or not.
Note: If none of the above methods fix it, then try updating Windows 10, reinstalling DirectX app, and disable the Overlay apps.
Tips To Avoid Risk of Rain 2 Crashing
Contact Official Support
There are many positive reviews from several gamers that the above solutions had resolved the Risk of Rain 2 Crashing issue. If the problem occurs due to the above reasons, then you will definitely fix it.
In case if you’re struggling to solve it till now, you can use some simple tricks. Though we have taken the best instructions from forums, you can go through them to get any different steps.
The Steam app contains the largest community so you may find useful steps that can fix this ROR2 crashing issue. If you are fed up with this error, then uninstall & reinstall the Risk of Rain 2 game.
Or else, open the official site of Risk of Rain 2 and contact its customer support team.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I conclude that Risk of Rain 2 is a wonderful video game developed by Hopoo Games. Gamers can enjoy a lot while playing this shooting game.
If the game crashes while launching or loading the Risk of Rain 2, you can resolve it by updating the drivers & Windows OS, validating the game files, running the game as an administrator and in compatibility mode, etc.
Whenever you face any problems while applying the above solutions, you can contact us at any time. To get in touch with the latest updates, subscribe to our blog. Thank you so much for your love and support.