Want to play the Risk of Rain 2 game with your friends without any issues? Is it showing an error message whenever you try to play in multiplayer mode?
If you are the one whose answer to the above ones is Yes, then this article is for you people. In this post, we offer the methods to fix the Risk of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working issue.
Risk of Rain 2 is the finest and most popular multiplayer third-person shooting video game. Though they are many shooter games, it is unique and gains several positive reviews among the users.
In the year 2019, it was released in the market. Some players are very happy while playing in multiplayer mode. But a few gamers reporting that the error is showing while multiple users are playing at a time.
Don’t think that it is not a fixable issue because there are certain ways that can easily fix the Risk of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working error.
For Windows users, there are thousands and thousands of video games. Among those several games, Risk of Rain 2 is one. It is mainly designed for Windows PC users.
The developers of Hopoo Games are effectively designed this Risk of Rain 2. And it was published by Gearbox Publishing in the year 2019. Apart from Windows, this shooting video game is compatible with PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia.
Those who are interested in fighting and shooting can download and install this Risk of Rain 2. You can connect with your friends online and play this game in multiplayer mode.
Due to some issues, it can’t allow us to play this game with our friends or other players. The Risk of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working occurs because of a few reasons. They are:
When this problem happens, you can play the game, but not in multiplayer mode. So, to play your favorite Risk of Rain 2 with other players, quickly check out the following tricks and fix this issue.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The basic methods that might fix the Risk of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working are as follows.
Close & Restart the Risk of Rain 2
In the above sections, we have listed the reasons why we can’t play Risk of Rain 2 in multiplayer mode. If you want to eliminate this trouble, then follow the below guidelines.
- The first step you have to do is closing the game window on your PC.
- At the same time, close all other active apps running on the device.
- Now, press the Windows logo and choose restart under the Power options to reboot the device.
- After restarting the system, launch the game from Steam or directly.
- Now, check that you can play this fighting video game in multiplayer mode or not.
If the Risk of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working still exists, then browse the next methods.
Verify the Integrity of Game Cache
You know what! The missing or corrupted game files cause various issues. If this happens with your Risk of Rain 2 game, then it will not allow the players to invite and join their friends to play.
Don’t worry! We have a solution to come out of this situation that is verifying the integrity of the game cache. If you don’t know how to do that, then read the given steps.
- If you have installed Risk of Rain 2 from Steam, then launch it on your computer.
- After that, go to the Game Library and find the entry of Risk of Rain 2.
- Once you pick it up -> Right-click on it -> Click Properties.
- Under the Properties page of ROR (Risk of Rain 2), go to the Local Files tab.
- At the bottom, you will find Verify Integrity of the Game Files option, so click on it.
- It starts the process and completes by taking a couple of minutes.
Once the verification task is over, relaunch the game and check the error is fixed or not.
Steps To Fix Risk Of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working Issue
Suppose the basic troubleshooting methods didn’t solve your problem. Then there are the advanced tricks that surely help you to fix it.
- Step 1
Run Risk of Rain 2 as an Administrator
According to the majority of the users, the Risk of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working is solved by running it as the administrator. We suggest you follow the below steps to perform this method.
- First of all, Launch Steam Client on your Windows PC.
- Select Risk of Rain 2 game in the Library and double-click on it to open.
- Now, choose the Browse Local Files option under the Local Files tab.
- You can see the location of the installation folder of the Risk of Rain 2 game, so note it down.
- Go to that location, select the .exe file, and right-click on it.
- Click the Run as administrator option to open with the admin privileges.
Now, see whether you can play the game in multiplayer mode or not.
- Step 2
Port Forwarding is one of the best methods that can easily resolve the Multiplayer Not Working issue while playing the Risk of Rain 2 game.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now, type the following command and press Enter.
- ipconfig /all
- It displays the address of Default Gateway, Subnet Mask, MAC, and Domain Name System (DNS). You need to make a note of all these addresses for further usage.
- Press Windows + R -> Type ncpa.cpl -> Click the OK button.
- You need to select the internet connection that you are currently using -> Right-click on it -> Click Properties.
- In the next step, open the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) by double-click on it.
- Type the following in the respective fields.
- Preferred DNS server – 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS server – 18.104.22.168
- Open your web browser and log in to your router with the username and password.
- Locate the Enable Manual Assignment and select the radio button beside Yes to enable it.
- Find out the window that you to enter the MAC and IP addresses of your choice.
- After typing, click the Add option. By this, you added the IP address of your console to the router.
- In the next step, locate the Port Forwarding section. Now, type the following ports under the Start and End.
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
- It’s time to enter the Static IP address that you have created on your Windows PC and Hit Enter.
- Finally, click the Save button to save all the changes.
Restart the PC as well as router and check the Risk of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working is disappeared or not.
- Step 3
Allow Risk of Rain 2 through your Firewall
As we all know, Firewall protects from unauthorized users and cyber attacks. But it troubles in some cases, such as disabling a few functions of the games.
That’s the reason why the gamers of facing this Risk of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working issue. In order to fix this problem, make some changes to the Windows Firewall.
By using the following guidelines, you can allow this multiplayer third-person shooter game through the Firewall.
- Press Windows + R -> Type Control Panel -> Hit Enter.
- Click System and Security -> Select Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the left-side panel, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- You will see a list of all the installed applications on your computer.
- Click the Change Settings button.
- Now, locate the Risk of Rain 2 and grant the network permissions by checking both the Public and Private boxes.
If your Windows 10 is the latest one, then add the Risk of Rain 2 game to the ignore list of Windows Defender Settings. Once everything is finished, launch the game and check the error is fixed or not.
- Step 4
Check your Installation Folder
If none of the above methods help you, then once check whether the steam_appid.txt file exists on the installation folder of Risk of Rain 2 or not.
Some users say that this particular file is deleting whenever you load the game on your PC. If you didn’t locate this file, then it is the main reason for this cause.
Tips To Avoid Risk Of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working
Contact Official Support
As far as we consider, the user can clear this problem with the above-given troubleshooting methods. Through one or all the tricks, they can easily come out of this issue.
When the situation is out of your hands and still face the error, you need to uninstall and reinstall the Risk of Rain 2 on your Windows.
For your information, you can visit the forums to search for any other best method that can fix this issue. Moreover, the customer support team of Risk of Rain 2 can help you to resolve the problem.
By the end, you will definitely solve the Risk of Rain 2 Multiplayer Not Working issue and play it without any errors.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, the third-person multiplayer shooter game that is Risk of Rain 2 provides an awesome experience while playing it.
The graphics and video effects of this video game are the additional features of it. We can download it from its official website as well as from Steam.
Whenever you encounter Multiplayer Not Working with this Risk of Rain 2, troubleshoot it with the given methods. Let us know which trick helps you in fixing the issue.
You can share your thoughts and suggestions on this post via the comment box given below. We are very much thankful for your love and support.