Origin Error Loading Webpage
Want to purchase and download your favorite video games from Origin Client? Then you have to set up Origin on your Windows computer correctly.
Some users have said that they are facing while setting up this Origin Client on their PCs. Though we complete the download process, it shows some rare error messages while installing it.
“Origin Error Loading Webpage” is one such problem that we see whenever loading the web pages. As it could be your network problem, insufficient permissions, or any others, you need to solve it to use Origin on your device.
You are not alone because we are here to help you in solving this error with our troubleshooting methods. Read this article completely and fix the issue to finish the setup of Origin.
Electronics Art, in the year 2011, developed Origin Client as one of the best gaming platforms. Till now, it included millions of video games for game lovers.
Anyone can browse their lovable video game and purchase it through this Origin. We can download it both on our desktop computers and mobile phones.
Origin is designed in such a way that it is compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. By providing the required specifications on our PCs, we can download Origin from the official website.
Though the majority of the people are successful in completing the setup process, some issues are faced by a few users. When they try to install Origin on their PCs, it shows Error Loading Webpage on their screen.
Since it is a rare error and users don’t know how to fix it, we came forward to provide certain tricks to resolve it. First of all, go through all those possibilities that can trigger this Origin Error Loading Webpage issue.
It would be anyone from the above reasons that can cause the issue on your computer. Now, see the best fixes in the following sections to resolve it.
The related problems of the Origin Error Loading Webpage are given in this section. You can go through them and fix those errors with the solutions.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
It is the best idea to apply the basic methods before using any advanced tricks. Some users have fixed this Origin Error Loading Webpage issue with the following basic techniques.
Check the Internet Connection
For downloading & installing any application from the websites, it needs uninterrupted and stable internet. When there are network errors or slow-speed internet connections, we generally face errors.
The same might happens with your Origin Client, and thus, it causes an Error Loading Webpage issue. What we trying to say is, check your internet connection when you face this problem.
If there are router problems, then repair them immediately to finish Origin’s installation on your computer. We request to those gamers who are using a wireless network that is switch to the Local Area Network to avoid these troubles.
We hope the Error Loading Webpage issue might be resolved on your PC. If not, move to the next method to fix it.
Run Origin.exe With Admin Rights
Not only the internet problems, but insufficient permissions also encounter this issue on our computers. If the Origin app suffers from any lack of rights, then it can’t install at all.
Many users have resolved it simply by running Origin’s executable file with the admin account. We would like you to follow this method to avoid these problems.
- First of all, open This PC.
- Now, go to the folder where you have downloaded the executable file of Origin.
- Right-click on this installer file -> Choose Run as Administrator.
- Complete the setup process without engaging in any more issues.
Steps To Fix Origin Error Loading Webpage Issue
The advanced methodologies that are indulged in fixing the Origin Error Loading Webpage are as follows. Carefully go through each and every step and get rid of this issue.
- Step 1
Remove Browser Cache
Don’t you have the habit of clearing cache from your browser history? Then you will face a lot of problems, such as less browsing speed, etc.
Even it causes Error Loading Webpage while trying to install Origin Client on your Windows PC. Therefore, open up your web browser and clear the cache fully. Read the following instructions to finish this task.
- Open your web browser (Google Chrome) -> Go to the top-left corner -> Click on the three vertical dots to view the menu.
- Now, choose More Tools and click the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Under the Time Range field, choose All Time from the drop-down menu. Also, enable the Browsing history, cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Finally, hit the Clear Data button.
Thus, it starts cleaning the entire browsing history. After everything finishes, start installing Origin and check the problem is fixed or not.
- Step 2
Disable Windows Defender Firewall
In order to safeguard our secret files & folders and PC, the firewall blocks unknown applications to run on our device. It might the Windows Defender Firewall that causes the Origin Error Loading Webpage issue.
The best solution for this error is turning off the firewall while setting up this Origin Client. After that, you need to re-enable it again on your computer.
- From the Control Panel, open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Once you see its main window, click the Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off tab in the left panel.
- You can see two different sections, Private Network Settings & Public Network Settings.
- Under both these sections, check the checkbox of the Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended) setting to disable it.
- Click OK to save the settings.
- Step 3
Turn Off Antivirus Temporarily
As we explained in the above method, a Firewall blocks the application to secure our device. In the same manner, the antivirus software also restricts strange programs to run on the desktop.
If we want to allow these applications, then we have to add them to the whitelist of the antivirus software. So, we recommend the gamers to add Origin Client to the ignore or whitelist of your antivirus.
Even you see the same issue, then completely disable the antivirus while setting up the Origin on your PC.
- Step 4
Flush DNS and Reset Winsock & TCP/IP
Flushing the DNS and resetting Winsock and TCP/IP also resolve this Origin Error Loading Webpage, say some users. Check your luck in fixing this issue after executing all the following commands in CMD.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now, type the below commands and press Enter after each one.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
- ipconfig /release
- By doing so, we can successfully finish flushing the DNS Cache and resetting the Winsock and TCP/IP.
Finally, reboot your Windows PC. Check the Origin Error Loading Webpage is resolved or still persists.
- Step 5
Remove Proxy Server
If there is any proxy servers enabled on your browser, then it will definitely show this error message. That’s why we would like to say that disable all those proxy servers on your web browser.
- Go to Customize and Control Google Chrome and click Settings.
- At the bottom of this Settings page, click Advanced.
- Under the System section, click on open your computer’s Proxy Settings.
- Thus, the Internet Properties window appears on your screen,
- Now turn off the toggle Automatically detect settings.
- and Now disabled the use a proxy server under the manual proxy setup.
- Now Restart you computer
- Step 6
Remove AdBlockers from your Browser
While browsing internet on our web browsers, we come across various advertisements, promotions, etc. All these ads or social promotions will decrease the browsing speed.
That’s why most of us use AdBlockers to block these unwanted ads while surfing the web. But sometimes, these AdBlockers will result in some issues, like Origin Error Loading Webpage.
After trying the above methods, we tried disabling the AdBlocker on our browser and started installing the Origin app. It will not be shown any kind of issues by following this trick.
So, disable the AdBlocker in order to fix this Error Loading Webpage issue.
- Go to the Chrome’s Menu -> Choose More Tools -> Click Extensions.
- Now, locate the AdBlocker Extension and click the toggle button to disable it on your web browser.
- Step 7
Clean Boot your Windows PC
In some situations, the applications on your computer might conflict with the Origin app, so that it might show this error message.
At this point, a clean boot of your computer will make you come out of this problem.
- Open Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R -> Type msconfig -> Hit Enter.
- Under the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab.
- Check the checkbox of the Hide All Microsoft Services option and click the Disable All button.
- After that, you need to switch to the Startup tab and click the Open Task Manager.
- Now, disable all those applications by choosing each one and clicking Disable button.
- Confirm the modifications by hitting Apply and OK buttons.
Reboot your Windows computer and see the Origin Error Loading Webpage is resolved or not. If this problem is fixed, then one of those apps created this error.
Thus, re-enable the apps one by one to know which one is causing the issue. Once you picked it up, disable or remove that program completely from your PC.
Tips To Avoid Origin Error Loading Webpage
Contact Official Support
We strongly believe that users can resolve this Origin Error Loading Webpage using the above-listed methods. Since many gamers are successful in fixing it, we say that everyone can solve it on their systems.
If you didn’t, then it means the reason might be completely different and some other else. We have gone through forums and several sources and provided the above reasons & their fixes.
Those you are still facing the issue, we recommend them to contact Electronics Art for their assistance. They might help you in resolving this Origin Error Loading Webpage on your Windows PC.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, I can say that Origin is a wonderful digital distribution platform. We can buy and download the top-selling games on our devices.
If it shows these kinds of problems, then eliminate them by applying the correct fix. We have provided multiple troubleshooting methods, and one or another can help you in solving it.
Want to share any information about this Origin Error Loading Webpage? Then you can reach us through the comment section.
We want to know which tricks are helped you in fixing it, so post them through the below box. Feel free to contact us for any other technical help.