In this post, we will let you know the solutions that troubleshoot the Mic Picking Up Headset Audio issue. By reaching the last method, everyone can resolve the problem without fail.
It is the most frustrating scenario when your microphone catches the voice of your headset audio. It means that the people on another end can listen to whatever sound is playing on your headset.
It might be game sounds, songs, or any other audio that comes from your headset. Due to this, they ask you to mute your microphone or else resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Muting the mic didn’t allow us to communicate with other people, so the only way left to you is to fix the problem. That’s why we came here to offer the solutions in the following sections.
Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio: Problem Overview
While playing multiplayer games, talking to people on Skype, or voice chatting with our friends, we use the microphone on our devices.
There are some people who listen to the songs while they are playing games or in a team meeting. What if your microphone picks up the headset audio when you’re doing these activities.
Other people can hear the sounds that are playing on your headsets. Don’t wonder! Several users are facing this issue when they are using apps like Discord, etc.
Even some users are saying that the microphone is picking up the computer sounds. This kind of issue happens due to some reasons. To know what causes this Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio, read the following ones.
To know more information about this issue, move to the following sections.
Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio: Related Problems
Now, let’s see a few more problems that are completely related to this Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio issue.
Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Firstly, start with the primary solutions that help you in fixing the Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio issue on your Windows 10.
Check your Headsets
Before using any other tricks, check whether your headset is in proper working condition. For that, you have to connect your headset to another computer.
Now, check the mic is again picking up the headset audio or not. Use the following methods if the problem repeats again.
Turn Down the Volume on your Headset
Though it sounds weird, lowering the volume that is below the threshold limit that your mic can pick up. There are some people who have successfully solved it by using this trick. To do so,
- Go to the Taskbar -> Right-click the Speakers icon -> Choose Open Volume Mixer.
- Now, turn down the volume on the stereo mix to your headsets until to the level that is not picked up by your microphone.
Once you have done, play any audio content on your PC and see if the mic is picking up the headset audio.
Steps To Fix Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio Issue
You have some more techniques that solve the Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio problem. Carefully read the instructions and execute them on your Windows 11 PC.
- Step 1
Run Audio Troubleshooter
Remember one thing! Whenever you face any problems with your audio devices, like speakers, headphones, and others, use the internal audio troubleshooter offered by Windows.
With this, it finds the hardware problems associated with that audio device and repairs them automatically.
- Click the Start Menu -> Choose Gear icon or Settings.
- Now, go to the Update & Security category -> On the left panel, click Troubleshoot.
- Come to the right side panel, and select Playing Audio.
- Finally, click on the Run the Troubleshooter option.
After completing the troubleshooting process, check the problem is fixed.
- Step 2
Turn Off Stereo Mix and Other Mics
Some users suggested that disabling the Stereo Mix and other microphones enabled on your computer will fix these kinds of errors.
You can use the following instructions in order to turn off the stereo mix option.
- Press Windows + S -> Type Sound in the Cortana search console -> Choose Sound Settings.
- Under the Related Settings, click on the Sound Control Panel.
- Go to the Recording tab -> Choose the devices that you don’t want to use and right-click on them -> Click on the Disable button.
- At the same time, you have to choose the Stereo Mix and tap on the Disable.
- In the next step, right-click on the empty space and choose Show Disconnected Devices. Now, repeat the above steps to disable them.
- Choose the Microphone that you want (if it is not selected as the default device) -> Click on the Properties button.
- Go to the Device Usage, select the Use this Device (enable) option -> Click Apply and OK buttons to save the changes.
If the Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio issue is not solved, then move to the next steps.
- Step 3
Upgrade Audio Drivers
Moreover, upgrading audio card drivers is also the best solution to stay away from these problems. If you haven’t updated the drivers for a long time, then install the latest drivers by executing the below steps.
- Open the Device Manager by running the devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box.
- Once you see the Device Manager window, expand the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers section.
- Now, choose the audio device that you want to update and right-click on it -> Click Update Driver.
- In the next step, select Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- If there are new drivers, then it will install them automatically. In case if your drivers are up to date, it will let you know that information.
After completing, check the Mic Picking Up Headset Audio is solved or still persists.
- Step 4
Rollback Sound Drivers
Due to incompatibility issues, you will face problems with your audio devices after installing the latest drivers on your Windows 10.
If the Mic Picking Up Headset Audio happens after upgrading the sound drivers, then roll back to the previous versions to fix it. For that,
- Press Windows + X -> Select Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers -> Right-click the Audio Device -> Select Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab -> Click on the Roll Back Driver option.
- Thus, it will download and install the previous drivers that you’ve installed on your computer.
Even though the problem is not fixed, then use some other techniques listed below.
- Step 5
Use Different Audio Jack
Use different audio ports to connect your headsets and microphone on your computer. If the audio jack or USB port where you’ve connected your headset has bugs, then you will encounter these kinds of problems.
So, try using other audio jacks or USB ports available on the motherboard to overcome this issue.
Note: Apart from the above tricks, some users suggested that using the Noise Gate stops the microphone to pick up the headset audio. Also, try restarting the Windows Audio Service on your PC to get rid of this Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio issue.
Tips To Avoid Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio
Contact Official Support
Now, you got to know how to resolve the Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio issue on your Windows device. Some people won’t fix the problem even after using all the methods.
For them, we are suggesting to visit any nearest computer peripheral and hardware repair store. Take the help of the technician to come out this issue.
Try using another headset and check whether the problem occurs again or not. If you don’t know what to do when you face the problem again, visit the Reddit forums.
Or else post your query on your Reddit account and wait for the answers that help you in fixing it.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio is not a difficult issue and can be solved with our tips and tricks mentioned in this post.
Do you have any questions regarding the methods explained above? If so, clarify them immediately by contacting us via the comment section.
Meanwhile, you can share your own methods that are used to solve this issue. If any other problem is troubling you, then share the information with us.
We will come up with the best troubleshooting methods that resolve any kind of technical issue. Comment and share this blog with your friends to help them in fixing it.