Are you facing DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names issue? Want to play the games uninterruptedly on your Xbox One console? Don’t worry! We will tell you how to troubleshoot this problem on your console.
Microsoft’s Xbox One is the best home video console that enables gamers to play their favorite games. We connect our consoles to either wired or wireless internet.
The users who connect to wireless internet can face these issues on their consoles. It mainly happens when your Xbox One gaming console is unable to resolve the authenticated DNS address.
It is very important to work DNS (Domain Name System) properly in order to use the internet on our console. So, let’s crack the problem by using the best troubleshooting methods given below.
DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names: Problem Overview
Xbox One provides the ultimate & thrilling experience to the users while gaming on it. We can play any kind of game on this home video game console.
To download and play the games, we need to connect the console to a good and reliable network. But there are some users who frequently come across errors related to the Domain Name System or DNS.
You can see the error message like DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names with the below description.
Unplug the power from your router or modem for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Wait another 30 seconds. When ready, check again.
The majority of the users who encounter this problem are those who use wireless or free Wi-Fi internet. Based on the importance of DNS, we thoroughly researched and found the following reasons that can cause this error.
In most cases, switching the network connection from wireless to wired can fix the issue. Follow the given troubleshooting methods and apply them on your console to fix the DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names.
DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names: Related Problems
The following paragraphs will explain the problems that are completely similar to this DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names issue.
DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The basic methods that we are providing to fix the DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names issue are given below.
Shutdown and Restart your Xbox One Console & Router
Mostly, the users can resolve this DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names problem by shutting down the Xbox One console and router. For that,
- First of all, remove the power cables from your router.
- Now, power on the Xbox One console.
- In the next step, press the Xbox button and hold it.
- From the options, choose Restart Console.
- After a few minutes, connect the power cables to your router and turn it on.
Now, check the DNS is resolving the Xbox server names or showing the same error message.
Reset Your Router
Have you changed the router settings on your own? Then there is a possibility of occurring this problem on your Xbox console. In this case, it is better to reset the router settings by executing the below instructions.
Take your router and turn it upside-down.
You can see the reset option. Take a pin or small needle and press it inside to restore the default settings.
After resetting your router, see the error message is disappeared or not.
Steps To Fix DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names Issue
There is no need to worry if the DNS isn’t resolving the Xbox server names problem is not fixed. You have several other methods to resolve it.
- Step 1
Switch DNS to Google DNS
According to the majority of the Xbox users, they have resolved the DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names error by switching the DNS to Google DNS.
Don’t you know how to do it, then read the following steps and execute them on your Xbox.
Turn on the Xbox console by pressing the power button.
- Go to the menu and choose Settings.
- From the Settings, select Network.
- It provides multiple options, and in that, select Advanced Settings.
- In the next step, go with the DNS Settings.
- To change the settings on your own, you have to select Manual.
- Now, the Primary DNS box is opened on the screen. In that four boxes, type 8 in each one.
- Hit the Enter option placed on the bottom-right corner.
- Under the Secondary DNS, type 8 in the first two boxes and type 4 in the last two boxes.
- To save the changes, you have to press the B key on your keyboard.
Finally, it shows the positive message stating Your console is connected to the internet.
- Step 2
Use Wired Internet
When we are researching this problem, we come across an interesting fact that using wireless internet on our console is the major cause of it.
If you are failed to resolve the issue with the above-listed techniques, then try connecting your console to the wired internet. After that, you have to check whether the DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names issue is solved.
- Step 3
Change Wi-Fi Channel Width to 20Mhz
Another important and most successful method that can fix it is changing the Wi-Fi channel width. You have to change the width to 20Mhz by going through the below steps.
- Press Windows + R -> Type CMD -> Press Enter.
- It opens the Command Prompt -> Type ipconfig -> Hit Enter.
- You can see the entire Windows IP Configuration on the CMD screen.
- From that, take a note of your Default Gateway Number.
- In the next step, open your default web browser on your PC.
- Go to the address bar -> Type the Default Gateway Number -> Press Enter.
- Under the Router’s Configuration, you have to open the wireless settings.
- Open the drop-down menu of the Channel Width section -> Select 20Mhz from the list.
Experts or professionals say that 20MHz is the perfect channel width for an Xbox console.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Fix DNS Resolve Failure?
One of the best solutions to resolve the DNS failure issue is changing the DNS to any third-party DNS service. From the available ones, the best DNS services are Google DNS and OpenDNS. You can choose anyone from it in order to fix this issue.
How Do I Debug DNS Issues?
If you want to debug the DNS issues, then use the following methods.
- Check the DNS Server IP Addresses.
- Check your Network Connectivity.
- Take a look at the DNS suffix.
- Release & Renew the DHCP Server IP address.
- Restart the DNS Router
If nothing helps you, then contact the customer support of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How Do I Clear my DNS Cache?
Windows users can easily and quickly clear the DNS cache on their PCs. For that, they have to follow the simple steps that are given below.
- Go to the Start Menu -> Type CMD -> Right-click Command Prompt -> Select Run as Administrator.
- After you see the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns -> Press Enter.
- Thus, it deletes the entire DNS cache from your device.
Tips To Avoid DNS Isn’t Resolving Xbox Server Names
You know what! Users can completely avoid this problem if they strictly follow the below simple tips.
It is good to connect the Xbox console to wired internet, but not to free or public wireless internet.
Handle the router or modem carefully because the damage of these network devices can cause many issues like this.
Use the driver update software and keep the network drivers up-to-date in order to escape from these DNS errors.
Contact Official Support
Many users have faced this problem while the console is not able to validate the DNS address to give an uninterrupted internet connection.
The above troubleshooting techniques and the tips given will make you resolve the issue and allow you to play the game without any trouble.
If you still engage with the same problem, then there are certain steps that can fix it. One such is posting your query on Xbox forums and getting help from users who already faced and fixed it.
When there is no way left to you, make contact with the Microsoft or Xbox support team. Send them the email by explaining your problem and get instructions from them to fix it.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, I would like to say Xbox users can play the games error-freely after applying the discussed methods. The given troubleshooting tricks are hard enough to get rid of the issue.
Have you solved this DNS isn’t resolving the Xbox server names issue with your own techniques? Then post those steps through the following comment box.
For any compliments or complaints on this guide, ask us by posting the comments. We glad to receive your suggestions that can encourage us in enhancing our services.
Finally, provide your email address and tap the subscribe button to keep in touch with the latest blogs.