Is your Logitech G933 Microphone Not Working? Didn’t you hear music or audio from your Logitech microphone device? Then this article is designed for you people.
Logitech G933 Mic users are frequently complaining about this issue. When users are trying to play the audio, the sound is not producing from the microphone device.
It might be due to outdated sound drivers or faulty microphone settings, or some others. But whatever the reason it would be, you can fix the error using our methods.
Along with that, we are also providing some tips that can completely avoid this Logitech G933 Microphone Not Working problem.
Logitech G933 Mic Not Working: Problem Overview
Logitech is the leading producer of various hardware components and softwares. It manufacturers keyboards, mice, microphones, and several other peripherals.
Especially for gamers, Logitech produces gaming keyboards, gaming mice, and gaming headsets. Millions of consumers are using Logitech products all over the world.
Though it maintains certain standards in manufacturing the components, they trouble us in some cases. Logitech G933 users are facing some problems with their headsets.
The users are unable to talk and listen to the sounds on their microphones. It suddenly stops working while playing games, watching videos, or listening to music.
There are many reasons for this Logitech G933 Microphone Not Working issue. They are:
Your job is to find the exact reason and after that, you have to pick the right method that will fix the issue. Read the below troubleshooting methods and apply them correctly to solve the error.
Logitech G933 Mic Not Working: Related Problems
We are listing out the issues that are entirely related to this Logitech G933 Mic Not Working problem.
Logitech G933 Mic Not Working: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Following are the primary steps that you have to use in order to repair the Logitech G933 Microphone on your Windows PC.
Unmute the Volume on your PC
What happens if you mute the volume completely? You will not listen to any voice or audio on your microphone. Neither you hear the voice when you are speaking with others nor listen to the audio songs.
And we think that our Logitech G933 Mic is not working and is damaged. Before moving to further sections, check the volume on your computer.
If it is muted, you will see the “x” mark on the volume icon. So, click on it to unmute the volume. Also, check the volume level and move the slider to the high to increase the volume.
Check for Hardware Issues
Have you plugged the USB cable of your Microphone correctly into the USB port? Some users improperly or incorrectly connect the mic to their PCs.
If the USB cable is loosely connected, then our Logitech G933 Mic won’t work. So, you need to plug the USB cable properly into the USB port of your computer.
Even though the Mic is not working, try connecting the cable to other ports of your PC. Since a damaged USB port leads to this problem, you have to try all the available ports.
If the Logitech Mic still shows the same problem, unplug it from your computer and connect it to another device. If the Mic is working perfectly, then there is some issue with your PC.
In case if the Logitech G933 Microphone is not working, then it means that the Mic device is damaged. Now, you have to replace the damaged product or buy a new one.
Run the Audio Troubleshooter
Apart from the above, there might be some more hardware failures that cause the Logitech G933 Mic Not Working issue. That’s the reason why we recommend you run the inbuilt audio troubleshooter of your Windows PC.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings -> Click Update & Security category.
- Click the Troubleshoot tab on the left side panel.
- Click Playing Audio -> Click the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- Thus, it starts troubleshooting the audio devices and repairs them to work finely.
Now, check the Logitech G933 is working or troubles you with the same problem.
Steps To Fix Logitech G933 Mic Not Working Issue
Even after applying the basic tricks, the Logitech G933 will not work correctly. Don’t worry! You have some more troubleshooting methods given in this section.
- Step 1
Update Sound Drivers
Sound drivers play a crucial role in working the audio devices perfectly on our Windows computers. If they are outdated, then the sound devices will not work.
The same might happens on your device, and that’s why the Logitech G933 Mic is not functioning. To confirm that, check the audio drivers on your PC and update them (if they are expired).
Follow the below guidelines in order to upgrade the audio drivers manually.
- Press Windows + X -> Select Device Manager from the list.
- Expand the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers -> Right-click the audio device -> Click Update Driver.
- Execute the on-screen instructions and complete the driver update process.
- Restart your computer to save the changes.
- Step 2
Check the Logitech G933 Mic Settings
Due to faulty Microphone settings on your PC, your Logitech G933 may not be working. Therefore, configure the settings correctly in order to come out of this issue.
- Press Windows + R -> Type control panel -> Hit Enter.
- Select Hardware and Sound -> Click Sound.
- In the Sound pop-up window, select the Recording tab -> Right-click the empty area -> Click Show Disabled Devices.
- In the next step, right-click the Headset Microphone and choose Enable.
- Again select the Headset Microphone and select Set as Default Device.
- You have to again right-click on it and go with the Properties.
- Go to the Levels tab and move to the slider to the right-end side.
- Hit the OK button to save the settings.
Now, check the Logitech G933 Mic Not Working issue is fixed or not.
- Step 3
Allow Access to your Mic on your Windows
Your Windows might be stopping the Logitech G933 to work on your PC. It is due to the faulty privacy settings you are facing this problem. That’s why you change the settings on your computer in such a way that your Windows has to allow Logitech G933 Mic to use it correctly.
- Press the Windows logo on your keyboard -> Click the Gear icon to open the Settings -> Choose Privacy.
- Locate the Microphone tab on the left-side panel.
- Come to the right side and click the Change button.
- Now, check the Allow apps to access your microphone option is turned on or not.
- If it is turned off, then click the toggle button to turn it on.
After making the specified changes, see the Logitech G933 Mic is working or not.
- Step 4
Update Logitech Firmware
Logitech G933 Mic Not Working also occurs if you are using outdated Logitech Firmware. You need to check for the latest firmware updates and install them to avoid these errors.
- First of all, plug your headset into your computer either wirelessly or through a USB cable.
- Make sure that you have enabled Logitech G933 on the desktop.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following command and press Enter to execute it.
- C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\FWUpdate\G933
- C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\FWUpdate\G933
- After that, type the below command and hit Enter.
- G933Update_v25.exe /FORCE
- G933Update_v25.exe /FORCE
- If you see any prompts on the screen, then follow them to complete the process.
- Finally, reboot the Windows PC and see the Logitech G933 is functioning correctly.
- Step 5
Hard Reset your Logitech G933
If the above methods failed to fix this issue, then hard reset your Logitech G933 headset. Don’t know how to reset the device? Then use the below instructions.
- Make sure that you have successfully plugged your Logitech Mic into your computer.
- After that, take your Logitech headset and remove the side plate on the side of the mic.
- On the bottom-right end, you will see the Reset button.
- Take a thin needle, such as the Sim ejector tool, and press the Reset button. You have to hold it at least for three seconds.
- You need to repeat the entire process again after a few seconds.
By doing so, your Logitech G933 Mic will start working properly on your Windows 10.
- Step 6
Check the Mic Battery
If none of the above methods failed to resolve this Logitech G933 Mic Not Working error, then once check its battery. If the battery is low or discharged completely, then you have to charge it fully.
Once the battery of your Logitech G933 headset is charged, see the problem is disappeared or not.
Tips To Avoid Logitech G933 Mic Not Working
Contact Official Support
From the above sections, the users can definitely fix the Logitech G933 Microphone Not Working problem. Many users have successfully solved this error through the listed troubleshooting steps.
If anyone failed to resolve this issue, then you may search for some more steps on Logitech forums, Reddit, etc. Apart from that, there are additional ways to fix it, such as visiting the hardware peripheral repair store and taking help of the professionals.
Finally, contact the support team of Logitech and ask for their assistance. If the problem is not solvable, then purchase a new Logitech G933 Headset.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, Logitech is a popular manufacturer of hardware peripherals worldwide. Everyone faces problems with their devices, and Logitech users too.
When your Logitech G933 Microphone irritates you by not functioning properly, use the troubleshooting methods listed in this article. If you have solved it with any other tricks, share them with us by posting the instructions in the comment section.
We have explained in simple language, and if anyone has doubts or queries, ask us for help.
Provide the details of which method helped you in solving this issue. We are very thankful to you for your support.