Is the Dell Alienware Touchpad Not Working? Willing to know the cause and how to fix the issue as quickly as possible?
The users who are facing the same problem can use this post. With simple and easy-to-use methods, one can easily solve the issue.
Alienware is a subsidiary company of Dell. It is one of the best computer hardware companies, especially for manufacturing Gaming Computers, in America.
Since it is the sub-brand of Dell, it maintains high standards while producing the products. The gaming performance and quality are high. Also, it offers the best service to the users whenever needed.
But the Alienware users come across different issues while using their Touchpads. It will not work even after pressing hardly. Due to various reasons, it stops working.
That’s the reason why we listed a few methods to fix the Alienware Touchpad Not Working issue. Read and understand the techniques to apply them correctly.
Alienware Touchpad Not Working: Problem Overview
Dell computers or laptops are popular all over the world. Million people from different countries own these branded systems. One such subsidiary of Dell is Alienware.
Compared to other laptops, the Alienware Touchpads are smooth. The user will not face any troubles while selecting any item (file/app) or moving the pointer.
Any hardware device, whether it is a keyboard or mouse, or others, can get damaged or stopped working because of a few reasons.
Some users of this modern generation are replacing the components when they create problems instead of repairing them to get them to work.
We recommend them to identify the cause of the problem and fix the issue by following some steps. First of all, let you know the Alienware Touchpad Not Working issue.
The symptoms that you can see when the Touchpad is not working are:
If you are literally facing these issues, then go through the below sections. The basic & advanced troubleshooting tricks can help you in fixing the Alienware Touchpad Not Working error.
Alienware Touchpad Not Working: Related Problems
Check-out the problems that are associated with the Alienware Touchpad Not Working. Read the below problems and get them fixed using the tips we provide.
Alienware Touchpad Not Working: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The first step we have to take when the Alienware Touchpad stops working is applying the basic methods. Follow this section to see what are those basic tips that we can offer to fix the issue.
Restart the System
As we (technical persons) all know that whenever the system troubles you, like not starting, application not opening, shutting down suddenly, etc. We leave the files open & programs running and simply reboot the system.
In the same manner, you have to do the system restart when the Alienware Touchpad Not Working issue occurs. Regardless of getting the benefit of this method, you need to restart the laptop. After that, check the Touch Screen is working or not.
Check Motherboard & other Hardware Components
The working of hardware devices, including the Touchpad, also depends on other components. It means the peripherals on your Alienware Laptop has to work correctly without any issues.
In case if the Motherboard or RAM, or other devices are damaged or corrupted, then you might see issues with the Touchpad.
So the moment you face troubles with the Touchpad, check the Alienware system for any hardware issues.
After identifying the problems, repair them before it’s too late. By this, the Alienware Touchpad Not Working gets resolved.
Change Mouse Settings
- Open the Settings on your laptop by pressing Windows + I keys.
- Now, click the Devices category.
- Select the Touchpad from the left-side panel.
- Make sure that the Touchpad is enabled on the Alienware system.
You can also open the Mouse properties from the Control Panel. After that, change the Touchpad settings to Enable if it is in the disabled state.
Suppose these basic troubleshooting methods didn’t show any difference. Go with the advanced methods listed below.
This Software Automatically fixes common windows problems, repair & optimize the windows registry, optimize your Pc for optimum performance, safe you from data loss & hardware failure and secure you by removing malware, optimizes your internet and protects your identity online.
- Download and Install
- Start Scan
- Repair All
Steps To Fix Alienware Touchpad Not Working Issue
The tips and tricks that we are going to offer in this section will definitely fix the Alienware Touchpad Not Working issue.
- Step 1
Update the Touchpad Drivers
Keeping the drivers up-to-date will avoid all kinds of hardware problems. If we are using out-of-date drivers, the devices stop functioning or will not respond properly.
So, you need to check the Touchpad drivers and update them if the latest versions are released by the manufacturer. For manually updating the drivers,
- Press Windows + X and choose the Device Manager from the menu.
- The Device Manager appears on the screen with a list of devices.
- Now, find the inbuilt Touchpad device and right-click on it.
- Choose the update driver option from the context menu.
- Now, go with some instructions and complete the process.
On the other side, you can use third-party applications like DriverFix to update the Touchpad drivers automatically.
After restarting the laptop, see whether the Touch Screen is working correctly or not.
- Step 2
Uninstall & Re-install Touchpad Device
Sometimes, due to hardware components included on your laptop, the Touchpad drivers will not operate correctly. That’s why we suggest you uninstall the Touchpad Device completely. After that, re-install the Touchpad device on your Alienware Laptop. For that,
- Open Run box by Press windows key + Latter R together.
- type devmgmt.msc in the run box.
- After you see the Device Manager, select the Touchpad.
- Double-click the Touchpad option to open its properties.
- Now, navigate to the Driver tab.
- Click the Uninstall Device.
- If you see any pop-up windows, click Yes to continue.
- Once the entire process is done, restart the laptop.
- It will install the Touchpad Device Drivers when the system gets started.
Now, the Alienware Touchpad Not Working error disappears.
- Step 3
Uninstall Other Mouse Drivers
If your Alienware Laptop contains any other mouse drivers, then it cause issues with the inbuilt Touchpad.
So, check if there are any such drivers. If you find other Touchpad drivers, then uninstall them immediately from your laptop.
We hope that the troubleshooting process will end up with this method. And you won’t face any troubles with your Alienware Touchpad.
- Step 4
Enable Touchpad in BIOS
Is the BIOS gets updated on your Alienware Laptop? Then it might be the reason for the Touchpad Not Working issue because it disables the Touchpad in BIOS settings.
Yes, many users have faced the same scenario after they got the firmware update. To resolve the issue, you need to change the BIOS settings. For that,
- Reboot the Alienware laptop.
- After seeing the logo, press Del or F2 keys continuously.
- Now, you will see the BIOS page with a list of options.
- From that, find out the Internal Pointing Device and see if it is enabled or not.
- In case if the option is disabled, then enable it and save the changes.
- Finally, restart the system and check the Touchpad is working or not.
- Step 5
Disconnect Removable/External Mouse
For our convenience, we use an external mouse on our laptops. Though it benefits us a lot in completing the work quickly, it leads to many issues.
In some branded laptops like Alienware, when you connect the removable mouse, the inbuilt Touchpad gets disabled.
If you really want to fix the Alienware Touchpad Not Working, then immediately disconnect the external mouse. Also, you have to turn off the Bluetooth option to avoid further issues.
- Step 6
Rollback Windows Updates
Are you facing the Alienware Touchpad Not Working problem after updating Windows OS? It is not shocking at all because many people have encountered the issue after upgrading their operating systems.
A simple suggestion to all of you is to reset the Windows or roll back the updates. It will 100% fix the Touchpad Not Working issues on your laptops. To reset your Windows OS, you need to follow the below guidelines.
- Click the Start Menu and choose Settings.
- Now, click the last category, which is Update & Security.
- From the left-side panel, select the Recovery section.
- At the top of the page, you will the Reset This PC.
- Finally, click the Get Started button to start the process.
- Thus, it reinstalls Windows by keeping or removing your private files and folders as you wish.
Thus, the Alienware Touchpad Not Working issue is fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I Enable My Touchpad on my Alienware?
- Press Windows + S to view the Windows Search Console.
- Type Touchpad in the search box and hit Enter.
- Now, go with the Mouse & Touchpad settings.
- You can see the dongle button to enable and disable the Touchpad device.
- If the option is disabled and wants to enable it, then click the dongle button.
When there is no dongle button, then do the following step:
- Click the Additional Mouse Options at the end of the page.
- After that, select the Alienware Touchpad tab.
- Now, click the icon of the Alienware Touch Screen.
- To enable the device, click the Touchpad.
- Finally, click the save button to store the changes that you have made on your laptop.
Tips To Avoid Alienware Touchpad Not Working Problem
Contact Official Support
As we said that the user will solve the Alienware Touchpad Not Working by using the above methods. Following the procedure of one or more steps can overcome the issue.
Based on reviews, most of the users have rectified the Touchpad issues. But there are some cases where they still face troubles while using the Touchpad.
We suggest those users who used all the techniques and can’t fix the issue have to visit the best computer repair service center. They might troubleshoot the issue and fix it.
Suppose the Touchpad Not Working is not resolved. Then simply contact the Dell or Alienware technical team. Explain the entire problem and seek the best solution from them.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I conclude that Alienware Laptop is one of the best products with a stylish keyboard and design. So, you have checked out all the sections and got full details about the issue.
Still, you are facing problems with your Touchpad or touch screen? Then replace the laptop with a new one when it is under warranty.
When you can’t fix the Alienware Touchpad Not Working with our methods, search for other tricks in the official forums and communities.
Share the post across the borders or provide your valuable suggestions by leaving a message in the following comment section.