Last Updated on August 31, 2020 by Admin
Have you encountered this driver can’t release to failure error? If you are a Gigabyte motherboard user, you might have got familiar with this issue. Here, the problematic driver has not been pointed out specifically by the error message. But most of the time this issue has been observed with the Gigabyte motherboards.
As the Gigabyte motherboard entirely depends on the wireless network as it is based on Cloud Station Server. In case there is no Wi-Fi service then this error appears. Many users have reported that after getting a strong connection this automatically got fixed. Apart from that, there are uncertain reasons behind this issue like Enabled Gigabyte remote, Remote OC, BIOS etc.
It can be the app center services or incompatibility with the other driver and systems devices. External and internal compatibility is required for motherboards to work properly.
So, No worries! We have included a range of solutions to fix “the driver can’t release to failure” issue. Stay with us until the very end of this article.
This Driver Can’t Release To Failure: Problem Overview
Many users are facing this issue after upgrading their system to Windows 10. Some are facing it because of the services or features Gigabyte utility includes. In some cases, the gigabyte app center crashes pc.
Users are getting this issue with various utilities like Gigabyte Easytune not working. It is very upsetting as this impacts the user experience and workflow. There can be various possible reasons as mentioned below.
Gigabytes App center utility requires a particular version of the .Net framework to work efficiently. That is the” Net framework 4.5” an essential Microsoft service to run gigabytes app center utility properly. So, make sure you have this version of the framework installed in your system if not then follow our methods.
This Driver Can’t Release To Failure: Related Problems
There are abandons of related glitches the driver can’t release to failure includes. Like, gigabyte app center this driver can’t release to failure, this driver can’t release to failure gigabyte among many others as mentioned below. So, Follow up with the methods given in this article to fix these related issues as well.
Steps To Fix This Driver Can’t Release To Failure
Gigabyte motherboards are known for their efficiency. That’s why once it gets its error state, it’s tough to get a fix. But we have included some hacks closer to the fix. These methods should work for you if the cause is minor. These are the only things you can try to get rid of the driver can’t release to failure pop-ups.
- Step-1 : Disable some features in the Gigabyte utility: App center
- Step-2 : Uninstall the Gigabyte utility: App center
- Step-3 : Install the Gigabyte utility: App center to update the drivers and apps
- Step-4 : Go for Updating your Motherboards BIOS manually using @BIOS
- Step-5 : Check on the Windows Network related drivers
- Step 1
Disable some features in the Gigabyte utility: App center
Gigabyte App center includes various services in it like Home Cloud, Gigabyte Remote, and Remote OC. Sometimes these services are the reason behind This driver can’t release to failure. Many Gigabyte motherboard users have fixed it by disabling these three things. As features are meant to comfort but sometimes it works opposite.
There are chances that your new update might have brought some incompatibility with these features causing such error with Gigabyte Motherboard.
Go for the following steps to disable these features in your Gigabyte app center:
- Go to the start menu and look for the Gigabyte app center. Tap on it to open.
- Now go for opening the “Cloud Station server”.
- A window will appear containing several tabs at the bottom bar. You have to disable the First three tabs one by one.
- Choose the first tab, Home Cloud, and disable the “Always run on next reboot” option for it. Do this in the same way for other remaining two tabs i.e. Gigabyte Remote and Remote OC.
- Once it is done close it and “Restart” your system.
Now, the issue gigabyte App center not working because of the error the driver can’t release to failure should get fixed. in case it is not then go for the next method to uninstall the Gigabyte app center including its services.
- Step 2
Uninstall the Gigabyte utility: App center
In case even after disabling the above features, you are facing issues with your gigabyte motherboard, then go for removing them permanently. Sometimes after disabling the issue gets fixed on temporary bases, and again it troubles the user. In some cases, it keeps running in the background causing the pop-ups to appear. For such situations, we would advise you to remove the gigabyte permanently.
Follow the below steps to uninstall the Gigabyte utility:
- Get into Run box by tapping the Windows logo key and alphabet “R” at once. Write command “Appwiz.cpl” and press enter.
- It will display the list of all the installed programs in the “Programs and feature” window.
- Look for “Gigabyte” and tap on it to choose “Uninstall”. Here, you will get the option to remove the cloud station server or the App center. We advise you to uninstall the whole thing. So, select the things you want to remove and tap Uninstall.
- Then, continue with the further instructions until this gets finished. Once it is done restart your system and check if the issue got resolved.
If this resolves the issue that means your gigabyte motherboard is healthy and the system files are in good condition. This will vanish the pop-ups you were seeing on your screen.
In case you are still facing the driver can’t release to failure gigabyte issue then go for our next approach to update the gigabyte control center.
- Step 3
Install the Gigabyte utility: App center to update the drivers and apps
Many users have fixed “The driver can’t release to failure” by installing it fresh. Gigabyte app center is the utility to directly update all the drivers, applications, and BIOS. To update gigabyte drivers, you can use it. In case this is glitched then you might be unable to do anything with your motherboards related driver or services.
So, maybe the version of your Gigabyte is not compatible with your system and needs to be updated. now, just go for installing it first then launch it to update the related drivers and applications.
Note: Make sure you have a .Net framework 4.5 installed in your system. As it is required by Gigabytes app center utility. If not then first install it using the below steps then go for installing the app center. Skip this jump to “To Install Gigabyte App center” if you already have the required .Net framework version.
To Install .Net Framework 4.5
- If you have other versions of .Net framework then follow this link and download the .net framework 4.5 packages.
- Once downloaded just tap on it to run it and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once it is finished just “Restart” your system.
Now, go for installing the App center to update the gigabytes apps and drivers using it.
To Install the Gigabyte App center:
Go for the below steps to download and install it, we hope this will work for you.
- Visit the Gigabyte website to download the App center utility.
- Once the file is downloaded just double tap on it to run. Follow the installation wizard’s guidance until it gets installed completely.
- Once it is finished just launch it. Then go for updating the gigabytes motherboard drivers, applications, and other related utilities.
We hope that after updating the issue “the driver can’t release to failure” got fixed. in case it is yet not fixed, do go for the next method to update your BIOS.
- Step 4
Go for Updating your Motherboards BIOS manually using @BIOS
Many users have reported that the app center is not working for them. You can try this utility of gigabytes to update the BIOS. Sometimes the files get corrupt or outdated and so the Gigabyte motherboards start behaving abnormally resulting in error pop-ups.
Steps to Update Motherboard BIOS:
- Visit this website to download the gigabyte motherboards driver update files manually. Here you need to provide related details like chipset, model number, etc. make sure you have all that.
- Once above is downloaded, just go and download @BIOS (Or this version if your App center is working) utility to update your gigabyte motherboards BIOS using the downloaded file.
- Once it is downloaded, tap on the file, extract it, and double tap on it to run. Follow the instructions given on the installation wizard. Once the installation is finished move to the next step.
- Attention, do close all the opened applications in your system. and make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Now, just tap on the @BIOS utility to launch it. @BIOS Utility screen will appear. Look for “Load BIOS Defaults after BIOS Update” statement and check it. Once it is done continue with the next steps.
Note: We advise you to tap on “Save the Current BIOS file” to save the present BIOS. It will be helpful to you in the future.
- Now just look for the “Update BIOS from file” option on the @BIOS utility screen and tap on it. Then choose the location where your downloaded file is saved (the one you downloaded in step 1) and fetch it. Now follow the on-screen instructions till it gets installed completely.
- Do not interrupt in the procedure otherwise, your BIOS can get permanent damage. Once it is finished, just “RESTART” your system.
Note: Users who directly want to update can tap on the “Update the BIOS Using the internet Updating function” tab available @BIOS utility screen. for this make sure you have a strong internet connection. In case it is unable to find updates for your model then go with the sequences of the above methods to update BIOS.
- Step 5
Check on the Windows Network related drivers
As per users, they have started facing this issue after updating their Windows. There are chances that some important and required files have not got updated or it got interrupted accidentally. Like the .Net framework and other required hardware connecting drivers like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. In case you are a Wi-Fi user and it is not functioning then you may get “the driver can’t release to failure” issue. Check on it and update its driver to avoid any issue.
Now, check if the issue “the driver can’t release to failure” got fixed or not. In case it still appears then move to our Contact official section for further assistance.
Tips To Avoid This Driver Can’t Release To Failure
Contact Official Support
The driver can’t release to failure is a little complicated error. In case it is yet not fixed, please contact the Gigabytes motherboard officials. If it is under warranty then it might get replaced if it manufactures technical fault.
Also, visit your system’s manufacturers with a detailed error report. An offline approach would be more effective here. As there might be conflict due to systems other services or hardware combinations. But, Do not worry, it will get fixed.
Final Words: Conclusion
As we are at the end of the driver can’t release to failure fix. The issue is quite serious and requires an authentic approach. We hope that our collection of methods has benefited you. In case you find any other resolve to fix the gigabyte motherboards related issue, do share with us. If you need any help regarding the steps mentioned in this article, just feel free to contact our team.
Yeah, once you are out of this issue. Leave us your feedback via the comment section available below. Your views encourage us to work more dedicatedly to help our readers.
Keep visiting us!