Last updated on April 5th, 2021 at 11:32 am
Windows Did Not Detect Any Networking Hardware
Most users have reported that they are facing network-related problems while working online. The error message looks like Windows Did Not Detect Any Networking Hardware.
If you also encounter the same issue, then the following troubleshooting methods are for you. As it is a simple error, we can fix it without much effort.
One of the main reasons for this networking issue is the improper installation of network drivers. Apart from that, there are other causes of this error, which are listed in the below section.
Read the below paragraphs in order to know more information about this networking problem.
For working online or browsing the internet on our PCs, we need networking devices, such as routers, etc. In order to work these devices correctly and access the internet without interruptions, the drivers are important.
Windows automatically installs the drivers for each and every hardware or peripheral of the computer. It implies that the network drivers play a key role in working the modems and other network-related components.
But due to some internal or hardware failures, it shows error messages while working on our PCs. Here, in this post, we discuss one of those problems, Windows Did Not Detect Any Networking Hardware.
Want to know why this particular networking error occurs on your system? Then go through the following steps.
These are the main reasons for which the error is displayed on your desktop screen. Now, it’s time to get those troubleshooting methods that can eliminate the issue.
The currently discussing error can occur on different devices. That’s why we are providing some tricks to fix it on those systems.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Sometimes, the basic methods can solve the Windows Did Not Detect Any Networking Hardware issue. So, apply the following methods and check your luck in fixing it.
Reboot your Windows 10 & Router/Modem
Once restart the Windows 10 PC when this error is shown on your desktop screen. It is the second thing that the issue is resolved or not, but trying it hardly takes a few seconds.
Simultaneously, you need to reboot the modem or router connected to your PC. Remove the power cables of the router and connect them after a few minutes.
After that, check the Windows is detecting the networking hardware or still showing the same issue.
Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter
One of the major reasons for showing any issue on our Windows PCs is hardware failure. If the functioning of the hardware gets disturbed, then we encounter a variety of errors.
So, we can say that our Windows can’t identify any networking components due to hardware issues. The first thing you have to do is running the Network Adapter Troubleshooter on our Windows.
If you don’t know how to do that, then follow the below steps.
- Press the Windows logo on your keyboard or click the Start Menu using Mouse.
- Now, click the Gear icon to open the Settings.
- Locate the Update and Security section and click on it.
- Since we have to troubleshoot the hardware issues, we need to click the Troubleshoot in the left-side panel.
- Now Click on the additional troubleshooter options.
- Come to the right-side panel, click on the Network Adapter.
- Finally, click the Run the Troubleshooter button.
Thus, it starts detecting the network issues and fixing them within a few seconds. After completing the troubleshooting process, check whether the issue is resolved or not.
If you still encounter the same error, then go ahead to the following advanced methods.
Steps To Fix Windows Did Not Detect Any Networking Hardware Issue
Don’t worry and don’t feel tense because you can resolve this problem with the below troubleshooting methods. But carefully execute the guidelines to avoid PC or hardware failures.
- Step 1
Update Network Drivers
As the error belongs to the networking hardware issues, so we need to take a look at the network drivers. These network adapter drivers cause the error when they get outdated.
In addition to that, the installation of wrong or corrupted network drivers also troubles us by showing this issue. Moreover, it is mandatory to use compatible or matchable network drivers to avoid any issues.
In order to fix all these mistakes or issues, better to update the network drivers by following the below steps. There are two different ways to upgrade the drivers, Manual Method, and Automatic Method.
First, we are providing the steps to upgrade the network drivers manually.
- Press Windows + R in order to open the Run dialog box.
- In the search box, type devmgmt.msc and click the OK button.
- The Device Manager wizard quickly shows up on our screen.
- Now, go to the Network Adapters and click the > icon to expand it.
- It shows all those network adapters or networking devices on your PC.
- From that, select the one that you are using and right-click on it.
- From the context menu, click the Update Driver option.
- In order to proceed towards the update process, it shows a new window.
- In that, click the Search Automatically For the Driver Update Software option.
- It connects to the manufacturer’s website and installs the recently released network drivers.
- Once you finish the entire update task, restart the PC. Now, check the Windows Did Not Detect Any Networking Hardware is fixed or not.
If you want to finish this process within seconds, then use the automatic method. For that, you have to install any driver updater on your PC.
We recommend the IObit Driver Booster to automatically upgrade the network drivers on your Windows 10.
- Step 2
Uninstall & Reinstall Network Drivers
Even after updating the network drivers, you face the same issue, then simply uninstall and reinstall them.
There are some instances where the users have fixed these networking problems by reinstalling the related drivers on the desktops.
You can go through the provided guidelines in order to get success in completing this method.
- Press Windows + X on your keyboard. It shows a list of options, such as Disk Management, Task Manager, etc.
- From that, click the Device Manager.
- Once the Device Manager is displayed on your PC, double-click the Network Adapters.
- Right-click the network adapter you are using -> Click Uninstall the Device.
- If you see any confirmation window, then click the Uninstall option to go ahead.
- Thus, it completely uninstalls the selected network adapter from your computer.
In order to reinstall the network drivers, use the below steps.
- Use the above trick to open the Device Manager again on your PC.
- Click the last icon that is Scan for Hardware Changes.
- By this, it looks for any recent hardware changes that occurred on the device. If so, then it installs them automatically.
If you want to reinstall those network drivers within seconds, simply restart the PC. While rebooting, Windows automatically checks for the hardware changes and installs them on the PC.
After doing that, see the Windows Did Not Detect Any Networking Hardware issue is fixed or not.
- Step 3
Perform a System Restore on your Windows PC
Some users have encountered this problem immediately after updating Windows to the latest builds. If you also belong to this category, then revert backing your OS to the previous version is the best trick.
To restore the older Windows version, there are multiple ways, such as System Restore Point, etc.
When we talk about the System Restore Point, it can be used only when the restore points have been created earlier. If you did not create such restore points, then go through the following steps.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings.
- Go with the Update & Security category.
- Come to the left-side and click the Recovery tab.
- Under the Go back to the previous version of Windows 10 section, click the Get Started button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to restore Windows’s older version.
After completing that, check the error is fixed on your Windows 10 or not.
Tips To Avoid Windows Did Not Detect Any Networking Hardware
Contact Official Support
Thus, we can end up fixing the Windows Did Not Detect Any Networking Hardware. With the help of the above methods, one can easily solve the problem and make the system to detect the networking components.
If the users again see this error message, then it is the best choice to see the official Microsoft forums. You can find any other solution in the discussions with experts.
Still, you are troubling with the networking issues? Then immediately make a contact with the customer support team of Microsoft. As they are much experienced in all these errors, they will suggest the best technique to fix them.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, Windows is the most popular operating system all across the world. It provides the best features when compared with other operating systems.
That’s why there are several troubleshooters to resolve any kind of Windows error. Coming to this networking issue, we have options like Network Troubleshooter, updating network drivers, and others.
Using any of the above methods, Windows users can easily and quickly solve this Windows Did Not Detect Any Networking Hardware error.
From our side, we have provided almost all the workable tricks. In case if you have any other hacks that can fix it, then share them with us.
Please share or comment on this troubleshooting guide by messaging in the below section.