Last Updated on December 31, 2020 by Admin
Computers simplify our tasks and save time and energy. What if the computer shut down without any intimation? Yes, these types of problems are generally faced by users.
Today, we are here to discuss one such issue that is Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating. You can gain full knowledge about this problem to fix it with the given methods.
Without overheating, sometimes, computers or laptops will turn off randomly. It means that there are many other reasons for this problem, like driver issues, virus infections, etc.
We will address all those tips and tricks that can fix this issue. By doing so, you can resume your work and complete it without any breakdowns.
We use computers or laptops for different works in our daily life. Some of them are creating documents, surfing the web, playing video games, and many more.
There are some situations that engage in important tasks. If the system (without any UPS facility) gets terminated suddenly, then we have to start the work from the beginning.
Randomly shuts off your computer irritates you a lot and leaves our task pending. That’s why it is mandatory to fix the problem and make the computer work as usual.
In order to fix the Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating, we have to identify the reason for it. Want to know why this problem occurs to your PC? Then here are the main causes of shutting down the system randomly.
Due to these reasons, your desktop computer, as well as the laptop will shut down even it is not overheated. After knowing its cause, apply the best technique to resolve the issue.
The moment this Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating occurs, you will not see anything (image or desktop icons) on your screen. So, you can’t proceed to your work until and unless the error is fixed.
Now, it’s time to get in touch with all those problems and solutions to fix them that are related to Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Carefully read and apply the following troubleshooting methods. They are the basic ones that will help you whenever this Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating issue occurs.
Check for Virus/Malware Infections
One of the major parts that damage your computer badly is virus infections. The malicious files, folders, drives, services, and registry items lead to the entire PC crash down.
By this, you can face the Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating problem. To fix this problem in one step, you have to clean the PC thoroughly with the best antivirus software.
- After launching the antivirus, select the full scan option and check the entire PC, including the hidden areas.
- Now, delete all those unwanted malfunction items from your system.
- Restart the computer and see the problem is disappeared or not.
Repair Hardware Failures
If the computer is not overheating, but still facing the shutdown problem, then it might due to hardware failures. So, find whether your desktop has any such hardware problems using the below guidelines.
- Press Windows + X on your keyboard and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now, you can see the command prompt window with administrator privileges.
- Type chkdsk /f /r command and hit enter.
- After that, type Y and again press Enter.
- You have to wait until the process gets finished.
- Finally, restart the Windows PC.
In case if you face this problem after connecting any new hardware component, then unplug it from your PC. Due to the incompatibility of such a new device, your PC might shut down randomly.
Check the Power Supply Unit or UPS
Another most important that a computer needs to run without any issues is providing a proper power supply. If you encounter this Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating, then check the power cables.
After that, see if there are any power supply problems, such as fluctuations or On & Off. In case when your computer is running with the UPS, check the batteries are running perfectly or not.
Finally, check whether there are any voltage issues. If so, then resolve all those problems to work on your desktop without breakdowns.
Steps To Fix Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating Issue
Are the basic methods didn’t make any difference? Then follow this section to apply the most advanced techniques. We are 100% sure that these tricks will solve the Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating issue.
- Step 1
Install the Latest Driver Updates
Drivers are to be up-to-date to allow the devices to run smoother. Also, it avoids all types of hardware failures on your computer.
When you see your computer is shutting down randomly without any overheating problems, it is due to the expired device drivers. Execute the below steps to detect and update those out-of-date drivers.
- Press the Windows + X keys and select Device Manager.
- Check for the expired device drivers one-by-one and right-click on it.
- Choose the Update Driver option. Now, click the Search automatically for the updated driver software.
- By following some other steps, you can finish the update process. Do the same steps to upgrade all other device drivers.
To check for the expired ones and update them automatically, you can use the IObit Driver Booster.
- It scans the device and lists outdated drivers.
- After that, you can download the latest versions and update them within seconds.
- Step 2
Disable Fast Startup
- Open the Control Panel on your desktop computer.
- Select the Hardware and Sound category.
- From that, click the Power Options section.
- In the left-side panel, identify the Choose What the Power button do option and click on it.
- Now, you have to go with the Change settings that are currently unavailable option.
- Under the Shutdown Settings, uncheck the Turn on Fast Startup (recommended) to disable it.
- Finally, click the Save changes button.
- Step 3
If the above methods will not help you in fixing the problem, then update the BIOS. But you need to be careful while updating the BIOS on your Windows 10. The irregular process will lead to the entire damage to the desktop.
- First of all, open the manufacturer’s website and download the up-to-date BIOS.
- It downloads in zip format. Save it on the root directory of the formatted flash drive.
- Restart the PC and press the Del button whenever you see the logo.
- You will see the BIOS page and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Step 4
Check for any Software Issues
- Open the Command Prompt with the Admin rights by using Windows + X keys.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command and hit enter.
- Thus, it checks the entire computer for corrupted system files and repairs them to fix the issues.
- Reboot your computer and check whether the problem still persists or not.
- If you still face the issue, again open the CMD (Admin) and execute the following command.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Even you can use the inbuilt Troubleshooter to detect and repair the software failures (if any).
At the same time, install the best PC Tuneup or PC optimizations to identify the issues and repair them. By doing so, we can enhance the system speed and fix these kinds of shutting down problems.
- Step 5
Turn Off Sleep Mode
- Use Windows + I to open the Settings.
- Now, you have to select the System category.
- After that, go with Power & Sleep option.
- In the next step, you need to choose the Screen and Sleep.
- Finally, select the Never option.
By doing so, you will fix the Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating issue.
- Step 6
Replace the Battery
When you are on the laptop and facing this random shuts down not overheating problem. Check the battery is in perfect condition or not.
Due to faulty adapters, the battery will not charge. Sometimes, the battery gets discharged by overcharging. If you find that the battery is damaged, then replace it with a brand new one to fix this issue.
- Step 7
Use System Restore Points
Use System Restore Points to revert back your PC to the previous or older settings. For that, you have to follow the given steps.
- Click the Start Menu -> type Control Panel -> select the matched one on the results.
- After you see the control panel on your Windows 10, click the System and Security category.
- Navigate the following steps,
File History -> Recovery -> Open the System Restore -> Click the Next button.
- Now, you have the option to select the desired System Restore Points to go back to that state.
- Click the Finish button to continue further.
- Finally, click the Yes button in the warning window.
Thus, your Windows 10 PC is restarted with the older settings.
- Step 8
Re-install the OS
Suppose, if none of the above-listed techniques solved your problem? Then one of the best ways to fix the Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating is freshly reinstalling Windows 10.
Before going further, you have to store your confidential and important data in a safe place. So, back up the data to the removable drives, like an external hard-disk.
After completing the entire process, you will never see any shutting down problems on your Windows computer.
Tips To Avoid Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating
- The users who want to avoid this Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating has to update the device drivers and Windows OS.
- Run the antivirus scan to detect and remove the viruses so that your computer runs with optimum performance.
- In order to improve the device speed and avoid crashes and shutting down issues, make sure there are any hardware problems.
Contact Official Support
From the above sections, you got to know everything about the technical issue that you are facing. We can say that you are well experienced in fixing the Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating issue.
Either using the basic or advanced troubleshooting methods, you can get rid of your system problem. Still, the computer is shutting down even after reinstalling the OS? Then you have to take your system to the nearby located repair center.
They will let you know whether it is caused by hardware or software problems. Since the technicians are well experienced in handling these situations, they will fix the issue by applying the best solutions.
For the users who purchased the computer recently and have the warranty card, they can exchange it and get a new one.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, computers became one of the needy things in this modern generation. For one or other works, we switch on the desktops.
When these computers stop working correctly, we have to postpone our tasks. In that situation, this post will help you so much in fixing the problem.
As of our research, we have provided the best methods that can surely resolve the issue. If you came up with any other idea that stops your computer shut down randomly, then share it with us.
We are very thankful to you for following our website to fix your technical issues. Hopefully, you got enough info to overcome the Computer Randomly Shuts Down Not Overheating issue.
To ask any queries or comment on this post, just type a message with your particulars in the below box.