Are you unable to execute the commands on your CMD? Do you see the Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command error message while trying to run the commands?
Don’t worry! You have landed in the right place. In this post, we are going to explain those techniques that fix the Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command issue.
We use the command prompt for executing different kinds of commands. To open any application or run any process or others, we use the CMD.
Normally, Windows users will not face any problems while accessing this CMD. But in some cases, it troubles us a lot and does not allow us to execute the command. Simply, it shows the Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command error message.
That’s why we brought up the best methods that will resolve the issue. By doing so, we can run any type of commands in the prompt.
Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command: Problem Overview
When you open the Command Prompt in Windows PE (Windows Preinstallation Environment) or Windows RE (Windows Recovery Environment), you can see this kind of memory resources issues.
In addition to that, the error occurs on your Windows screen while you turn on the PC with the installation media. Though you see the error message, we can run the commands in a few cases.
There are some instances where you cannot move forward until and unless we fix the issue. Want to know why Not Enough Memory Are Available To Process This Command issue? Then read the following steps.
The reason might be any of the above ones, so find-out the right cause and fix it by applying the given methods.
When this error message is displayed on the Command Prompt, the user cannot run any commands on it. It is a wastage of your time to execute the commands before fixing the issue.
Just go through the following sections to get more details on how you can fix the Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command.
Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command: Related Problems
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The basic workable methods that can fix the Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command issue are given in this section. Read the steps and execute them correctly on your Windows computer.
Reboot your Windows 10
The first priority method that will help the user in fixing almost all the Windows errors is rebooting the PC. As it sounds funny, but you can resolve the issue with it.
Several experts suggested that restarting the computer will clear all the problems. That’s why we are recommending you reboot your Windows 10 computer.
- Click the Start Menu or Windows icon.
- Select the Power options and click the Restart.
Before going to restart, you have to close all the opened apps or windows. Now, execute the commands and see the error occurs or not.
Upgrade the Pending Windows Updates
Windows updates provide the latest features and fix the security bugs. If we are using the out-of-date operating system, we have various issues while working on our PC.
So, when you see Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command error message, check for the new updates.
If there are any such updates, install them and check whether the error is resolved or not.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings on your computer.
- Select Update & Security category.
- By default, it opens Windows Update and automatically checks for the new ones.
- If Microsoft releases the latest builds, it installs them on your PC.
Check the Free Space on your Drive
By installing different kinds of applications and storing a huge number of files, the memory space decreases. Sometimes, we unable to download any program due to low memory space.
Similarly, the Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command issue also occurs due to insufficient memory in the drive where you have installed Windows OS.
To fix the problem, you need to free up space on your drive by uninstalling the unwanted programs.
Close unwanted windows and Processes
Based on our tasks, we open different programs and windows on our computer. At the same time, a Windows PC runs several processes when it is turned on.
Due to this number of processes and opened windows, we might encounter errors like Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command.
That’s why close all those unwanted windows that are opened on your desktop. At the same time, turn off the processes that are not required.
Steps To Fix Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command Issue
Even after applying the basic methods, you see the same error message, check-out the below-advanced techniques to fix it.
- Step 1
Run SFC & DISM
- Press Windows + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- After that, type the sfc /scannow command and hit Enter.
- Thus, it thoroughly scans the computer and checks for corrupted system files. If there are any such malfunction items, it replaces them with the right ones.
- After completing the entire process, restart the system.
- Now see the error still appears on your command prompt while running the commands or not.
After executing the System File Checker (SFC), you have to run the DISM. For that,
- Open the Command Prompt with the administrator rights.
- Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press the Enter key.
- By this, it updates the files and fixes the problems. Thus, the Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command issue is fixed.
- Step 2
Delete the Temporary Folders
On Windows systems, there is a special feature that is Temporary Folder. It is in the hidden state that stores configuration items related to the Windows OS.
When the temp folder is filled up with full of files, it leads to many errors. One such is Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command.
To overcome the issue and execute the commands without any issues, empty the temporary folder. For that, follow the below guidelines.
- Open the Run dialog by pressing Windows + R.
- Type %temp% and click the OK button.
- Now, the temporary folder window appears on your screen.
- Use Ctrl + A to select all those temporary files and hit the Del button.
- Thus, it removes all those files from your computer.
It is better to back up these temporary files to avoid any further data loss issues.
- Step 3
Block UI App Forks
If the application that runs on your Windows faces an Out of Storage issue, you can fix it by simply restarting it. But it is a temporary solution because the problem will occur again.
To resolve the memory resources issue permanently, make changes in the executable application (example.exe) that is running out of memory to escape from UI application forks in Session 0.
- Step 4
Modify The IRPStackSize Value
- Press Windows + R to see the Run dialog box.
- Now, type the regedit command and click the OK button.
- The Registry Editor appears on your Windows PC. Navigate to the following path in the left-side panel.
- Find-out the IRPStackSize in the right-side panel. Basically, it is not placed in the right panel. That’s why you need to create a new DWORD value.
- Right-click on the empty space and select the New option. Now, click the DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name it as the IRPStackSize.
- After creating, double-click on it.
- Select the Decimal section and enter the Value that is from 1 to 12.
- Finally, restart the computer and see the problem is resolved or not.
- Still, you are seeing the same issue? Then increase the value of the IRPStackSize.
- Step 5
Change the SharedSection Values
- Use the above steps to open the Registry Editor.
- In the next step, navigate the below path,
- Select Windows in the right-side panel and right-click on it.
- Choose the Edit menu and click the String.
- After that, increase the SharedSection parameter.
The format of the SharedSection parameter is given below:
SharedSection = xxxx, yyyy, zzzz
xxxx is the maximum size of the system-wide heap
yyyy is the size of desktop heap
zzzz is the size of the desktop heap that is associated with a non-interactive Windows instance.
For example, you can provide the values of the SharedSection parameter on the 64-bit computer as below.
SharedSection = 1024, 20480, 2048
- After setting the values, click the OK button and close the Editor.
- Step 6
Update the Microsoft SQL Server
If none of the above solutions, you can fix it by upgrading the Microsoft SQL Server. The latest updates will check for the security patches and resolve them without any doubts.
Tips To Avoid Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command
Contact Official Support
We confidently say that you have resolved the Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command issue using the listed methods.
After researching thoroughly, we came to the conclusion that the above techniques will resolve the problem. But a few people still face the same issue even after applying all those tricks.
In such a situation, we provide a simple suggestion that is visiting the nearest computer repair center. Also, you can browse the authorized forums or communities to get a perfect solution. As it is not considered a difficult problem, you can fix it without any doubts.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, I would like to say that the users who are using Windows PC execute various commands in CMD. And the command prompt is used as a shortcut to open several applications, like Device Manager.
If it does not work properly, then we can’t run any more commands on our PCs. That’s the reason why apply the given tips and tricks to fix the Not Enough Memory Resources Are Available To Process This Command issue.
Apart from the above techniques, if you have any other tricks that can solve this issue, then share them with us. We are pleased to have your best suggestions and rewards. Hopefully, you liked this technical guide, and if so, leave a message in the below comment box.