SWTOR Won’t Launch
Is SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic) Not Launching on your Windows PC? Didn’t you fix the problem after trying your known methods?
Don’t worry! It is the most common issue that occurs regularly for many players. If you follow this post until the end, then you will definitely solve this SWTOR Won’t Launch issue.
SWTOR or Star Wars The Old Republic is the best online role-playing video game. BioWare Austin developed this multiplayer game for Windows and other users.
Not only SWTOR but there are also many other video games that show these kinds of issues. Due to problematic apps on our PCs, outdated graphics card drivers, and others, the game will not launch even you press the Play button repeatedly.
Now, check out the below paragraphs to get additional information about this issue.
If you want to play online video games for free, then there are hundreds of options. After filtering the best ones, Star Wars: The Old Republic will become one on that list.
BioWare Austin designed this SWTOR as a multiplayer video game. We can play it online on our Microsoft Windows PCs. But we have to subscribe to play the full version of the game.
Through Steam Client, you can purchase this Star Wars The Old Republic game. There are multiple roles to play in this game, such as Sith, Bounty Hunter, Jedi, and others.
You have the chance of choosing your own path or journey on the light or dark side. This video game contains 50 levels and all you can play for free of cost (with some conditions).
There are some situations where the SWTOR does not launch after pressing the play button. By analyzing this issue, we conclude that the following are the reasons for this cause.
Let’s find the cause of this problem and apply the best solution given in the following sections.
Additionally, we are providing some issues that you might encounter while playing or launching the SWTOR game on your PC.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Before going to use the below basic steps, restart the PC. After that, check the game is launching on your Windows or shows the same issue.
If the SWTOR Won’t Launch again, then apply the following methods carefully.
Run SWTOR as Admin
If Star Wars The Old Republic is not launching on your PC, then you might be not providing enough permissions to run it on the device.
To overcome this issue, you have to launch the game in Admin mode. For that,
- Go to your Desktop -> Right-click the SWTOR icon -> Choose Properties.
- In the SWTOR Properties window, go to the Compatibility Mode.
- Find the Run this Program as an administrator option and enable it by checking its checkbox.
- Save the changes by clicking the OK button.
Now, try to launch the SWTOR game on your Windows and check the issue is solved or not.
Run SWTOR in Compatibility Mode
Star Wars: The Old Republic or SWTOR is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7. If the game is not starting on your Windows 10 PC, then try running it in the older versions.
It means you have to use the concept of Compatibility Mode of your Windows.
- Right-click the SWTOR desktop icon -> Click Properties.
- In the Compatibility Mode, turn on the Run this Program in the compatibility mode for -> Choose Windows 7 or older versions from the drop-down list.
- Save the modifications.
Reset your Router/Modem
Since SWTOR is an online video game, our internet connection must be stable and reliable. If you are facing any launching issues, then once check your router or modem.
Resetting the modem is the best way to fix the network issues. So do it using the below steps.
- Power off the router and remove the cable connections attached to it.
- After 1 minute, replug the disconnected power cords into your modem.
- Switch on the router and wait until the green lights are visible.
- Power on your device and connect to the internet to play the game without any issues.
Steps To Fix SWTOR Won’t Launch Issue
If the above basic instructions don’t fix the SWTOR Won’t Launch issue, then solve it through the following steps.
- Step 1
Turn Off Antivirus & Firewall Temporarily
Is your computer protected with antivirus and firewall applications? Then these security programs will become one of the reasons for this issue.
If the antivirus or firewall on your PC blocks the SWTOR game to launch, then you can’t see anything when you press the play button. Therefore, turn off the Windows Defender Firewall and Antivirus temporarily.
We would like to say that if your antivirus contains Gamer Mode, then enable it to launch without any fail. Or else disable the antivirus before starting the gameplay.
- Go to the System Tray -> Find the Antivirus icon and right-click on it -> Select Disable the antivirus temporarily.
To turn off the Windows Defender Firewall on your Windows, follow the below guidelines.
- Type Control Panel in the Cortana search bar and hit Enter.
- Choose Windows Defender Firewall -> Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off tab from the left side of the window.
- Come to the right side -> Enable Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended) in both Public and Private Network Settings.
After saving the settings, launch the game to know the problem is solved or not.
- Step 2
Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Check the SWTOR Won’t Launch is caused due to corrupted game files or not. To know that, better to run the below lines on your Windows PC.
- Double-click the Steam icon on your desktop.
- Head towards the Library and locate the Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Open its properties by selecting from its right-click context menu.
- Navigate to the Local Files tab and click the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
Restart the PC and launch the SWTOR on your computer. If the game does not launch, then move to the next method.
- Step 3
Install the Latest GPU Drivers
Sometimes, even after using the effective methods, the game will not launch on the computer. Don’t worry! We have some other methods to fix it. One such is upgrading the expired graphics card drivers on our system.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Device Manager.
- Double-click the Display Adapters to view the available graphics cards (NVIDIA or AMD).
- Right-click on the currently using GPU card drivers -> Click Update Driver option.
- It quickly pops up a new window, and click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Follow some other steps displayed on your desktop screen to finish the update process.
After rebooting the computer, know the game is launching without any fail or not.
Note: We recommend IObit Driver Booster to update the device drivers automatically on your Windows PC.
- Step 4
Remove the BitRaider Folder
According to the reports, the users who are using BitRaider can face this SWTOR Won’t Launch issue. By running this service, it effects the CPU performance, including the bandwidth of your internet.
That’s why you have to remove the BitRaider folder completely from your computer.
- If the game is opened, then close it.
- Right-click the SWTOR icon -> Click Open File Location.
- Find the BitRaider folder -> Select it and press the Del button to delete it from the PC.
Restart the SWTOR and wait until the repair process gets finished.
- Step 5
Fix the Software Conflicts
If you are running multiple applications while launching this Star Wars: The Old Republic, then close them to avoid these issues. The third-party programs might conflict with your game and causing this error.
Therefore, open the Task Manager and terminate those unwanted processes running in the background. After that, launch the SWTOR and play it without any issues.
Tips To Avoid SWTOR Won’t Launch
Contact Official Support
The SWTOR users will be free from this launching problem after using the given solutions. It is easy to fix the issue, but the problem is finding the cause of it.
By applying the methods one by one, you will surely solve the SWTOR Won’t Launch issue. If the reason for this error is different from the above, then look after the Star Wars Official Forums.
Sometimes, it becomes hard to fix these kinds of errors. In that situation, you have to take the help of the technical support team of Star Wars.
They will instruct those steps that can solve the issue and makes the game launch without any issues.
Final Words: Conclusion
Therefore, Star Wars: The Old Republic is a terrific online video game. With the multiplayer role-playing game, we can enjoy it a lot while gaming on our PCs.
When it won’t launch on your Windows computer, you can get it solved with our tips and tricks. If you have any other techniques on your hand, then post them to us through this article.
Or if you find any difficulties while applying the methods, then comment in the below box. We will clarify all your doubts and simplify your work. Subscribe to this blog to get in touch with several other troubleshooting guides.