Apex Legends Invalid Game Executable
Do you love to play Apex Legends regularly on your Windows PC? Did the battle royale game showing Invalid Game Executable while launching it?
Don’t panic! It is a common problem that occurs at the time of Apex Legends launching. We have multiple troubleshooting methods in order to fix it and start the game without fail.
Due to antivirus or corrupted game files or some other reasons, Apex Legends fail to start on our desktops. Whatever the cause might be, we can 100% fix it with simple techniques.
In this post, we will let you know full information about the reasons for this cause, and tips & tricks to resolve it completely.
Errors are very common while playing video games on our Windows PCs and consoles. In the case of Apex Legends also, gamers face a lot of problems.
Earlier, we have discussed some of those issues, such as Apex Legends Keeps Crashing.
Today, we came here to discuss Apex Legends Invalid Game Executable error. Many users have reported that they are frustrating with this issue while launching the Apex Legends game.
It stops starting the video game on our computers. So, until we find the cause of this issue and fix it, it will not allow the players to play the game.
The reasons that generally cause this Invalid Game Executable issue while launching Apex Legends are as follows:
Find which reason is causing Apex Legends Invalid Game Executable issue on your PC and apply the best methods to fix it.
Scroll down to the next sections to get in touch with more details about this error.
The problems that you might come across while gaming Apex Legends are given below, along with their fixes.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The basic methods that we offer to fix the Apex Legends Invalid Game Executable issue are listed below. Follow the step-by-step procedure carefully to avoid further mistakes.
Restart Steam and Your PC
The majority of gamers prefer to launch Apex Legends through Steam Client. If you are also using Steam for starting this game and facing an Invalid Game Executable issue, then we suggest restarting the Steam Client.
- First of all, open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Locate the Steam Processes and close them by using the End Task .
- After that, reboot your Windows computer.
- Now, relaunch Steam and search Apex Legends in the Library, and click the Play button to start.
Check whether the Invalid Game Executable issue is fixed on your PC or not.
Run Apex Legends in Compatibility Mode
If the Apex Legends is not compatible with the Windows version that your PC holds, then you will see an Invalid Game Executable error.
To launch this battle royale video game, you have to run the Apex Legends in compatibility mode.
It means if you are using Windows 10 OS, then choose either Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to launch Apex Legends. Mostly, this trick will help you in starting the game without any issues.
- Click This PC and go to the installation folder of Apex Legends.
- Right-click the R5Apex.exe file and click Properties.
- Once you see the Properties window on your screen, click the Compatibility tab.
- In that, enable Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for option by checking its checkbox.
- After that, choose the Windows version that is older than the currently using one from the drop-down list.
- Finally, click Apply and OK buttons to confirm the changes.
Restart your Windows PC and launch Apex Legends to check the issue is fixed or not.
Steps To Fix Apex Legends Invalid Game Executable Issue
If you haven’t resolved the Apex Legends Invalid Game Executable error with the basic methods, then try out the following advanced steps.
- Step 1
Restore Executable File (R5Apex.exe) from Antivirus
Follow the given instructions to get back the executable file of Apex Legends or R5Apex.exe file your Windows Defender.
The restoration process is completely different for multiple third-party apps. That’s why we are providing steps to restore the file from the default antivirus software of Windows (Windows Defender).
- Press Windows + R -> Type ms-settings:windowsdefender -> Click Enter.
- Now, it appears the Windows Security wizard on your desktop screen.
- In that, click the Virus & Threat Protection tab.
- Under the Virus & Threat Protection menu, search for the Protection History and click on it.
- Go to the Quarantined Threats menu and look for the R5Apex.exe in the list of recent quarantined files.
- After that, click on it and then click the Restore option to restore it back to the game folder.
- After restoring your Apex Legends executable file to the game’s folder, restart the device.
Now, launch the game and see the Invalid Game Executable is fixed or still persists.
- Step 2
Repair Apex Legends
If the game files of the Electronics Art’s Apex Legends game are corrupted or gone missing, then we will surely face several errors, including Invalid Game Executable.
For detecting the corrupted game files and repairing them, you should verify the integrity of the game cache files. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Launch Steam Client on your Windows 10.
- Go to the Game Library and search the Apex Legends.
- Right-click the Apex Legends -> Click Properties.
- From the Properties page, choose the Local Files tab.
- Now, click the last option that is Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
- Though it takes some time for checking and repairing the corrupted game files, it will completely fix this problem.
Launch the Apex Legends on your PC and start playing it without any trouble.
- Step 3
Clear the Game Cache
The game cache file on your computer is also one of the reasons for causing Apex Legends Invalid Game Executable issue. Many gamers have solved it by simply removing or deleting these game cache files.
- First of all, open File Explorer on your PC.
- After that, open the following path,
- C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\Local
- C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\Local
- Go to the View menu and choose Hidden Files.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files and hit the Del key on your keyboard.
- It completely removes all those game cache files from your PC.
After rebooting the device, relaunch Apex Legends and see the error is solved or not.
- Step 4
Repair Easy Cheat Engine Issue
If the above methods failed to solve the Invalid Game Executable issue, then it might be due to Easy Cheat Engine.
In this situation, you have to run the repair procedure on the Easy Anti-Cheat Engine. For that, execute the following instructions.
- Click This PC and navigate the below path.
- C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Apex
- Locate the EasyAntiCheat folder on this Apex folder and double-click on it to open.
- Once you find the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe, right-click on it and click Run as Administrator.
- If it shows User Account Control pop-up window, then click Yes to continue.
- It immediately opens the welcome window, and in that, click the Repair Service.
- Thus, it starts scanning and repairs the issues of the Easy Anti-Cheat Engine.
- Within minutes, it totally completes the process. After that, click the Finish button. Launch Apex Legends and check the Invalid Game Executable issue is solved or not.
- Step 5
Update Windows OS
Moreover, the game will not launch and shows this Invalid Game Executable problem due to the older Windows version.
Some users reported that they have solved it by updating their Windows OS to the latest versions.
Know whether Microsoft released any new patches or not. If so, then install them on your Windows PC.
- Press Windows + I -> Click Update & Security.
- Click Check for Updates under the Windows Update tab.
- Thus, it automatically checks for the latest patches and installs them on your device.
After completing the update process, reboot the PC and rerun Apex Legends to check the Invalid Game Executable still appears or not.
Tips To Avoid Apex Legends Invalid Game Executable
Contact Official Support
Gamers of the Apex Legends need not worry when they won’t start the game on their PCs. With the simple techniques listed in this post, we all can easily resolve the Invalid Game Executable issue.
The users who haven’t fixed it till now can go through the official forums of Apex Legends. Though we looked into these forums, search for any other methods that are not listed in this post.
If you did not found any useful stuff, then try uninstalling and reinstalling Apex Legends on your PC. Or else contact the technical support team of Apex Legends to acquire assistance from them.
Final Words: Conclusion
In the end, I conclude that Apex Legends is the best battle royale video game for Windows users. Respawn Entertainment develops these kinds of action games for game lovers.
If it shows any errors like Apex Legends Invalid Game Executable, we can fix it either through basic or advanced methods. We also welcome techniques from others so that it will help the users to fix the error on their PCs.
If you any doubts about any of the above steps, then contact us via the comment box. We will clarify all your queries as soon as possible.