Is State of Decay 2 Crashing on your Windows 11 computer? Have you tried but failed to stop these crashing issues? Then you’ve landed in the right place.
State of Decay 2 is one of the top-best survival video games designed for Windows and Xbox users. The game contains Zombies, and you need to survive your life by killing those zombies.
Undead Labs effectively manufactured this State of Decay 2 game by including full of horror episodes. But there are some people who frequently come across crashing issues while launching the game.
The State of Decay 2 Keeps on Crashing on their Windows PCs without showing any error message. It could be some hardware or software failure that causes this crashing issue.
To stop crashes and play this horror survival game, you need to know the methods that troubleshoot this issue.
State of Decay 2 Crashing: Problem Overview
Xbox Game Studios is the world’s best gaming company that publishes a variety of video games, namely Minecraft, Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite, Sea of Thieves, etc.
In addition to that, State of Decay 2 is another wonderful game from this publisher. The developers of Undead Labs designed it as the best horror game.
Zombies scare you while playing it on your Windows devices. Since it is a survival game, you need to lead your life by shooting the zombies that tried to kill you.
State of Decay 2 entertains you with all its graphics and animations. In some cases, people are complaining about the crashing problems of State of Decay 2.
You are not the only person who encounters this crashing issue, and it is not difficult to solve it. With some patience and using right methods, you will not encounter the crashing problems again.
First of all, let us know why this State of Decay 2 Crashing occurs on your Windows 11.
It could be anyone or more reasons listed above that crash the State of Decay 2 on your computer. Now, move to the following sections to get in touch with the methods that resolve this issue.
State of Decay 2 Crashing: Related Problems
Follow the below paragraphs to know different variations of this State of Decay 2 Crashing issue. Use the given tricks to fix those problems on your devices.
State of Decay 2 Crashing: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Now, let’s start with the basic methods that try to solve the State of Decay 2 Crashing issue on your Windows 11.
Match the Game & Windows PC Requirements
Before heading towards any methods, check the State of Decay 2 requirements and your PC configurations. The device must possess the following minimum game requirements.
- Operating System: Windows 10 or Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel i5-2500 @ 2.7 GHz or AMD FX-6300 or Higher
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2 GB or AMD Radeon HD 7870
- RAM: 8 GB or Above
- Hard disk: 30 GB of free space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- DirectX: Version 11 or Version 12
Now, open your system configurations and match them with the above ones. If your PC is highly equipped and fulfill all the game resources, move to the next method to fix it.
Disable Antivirus Software
As we know, Antivirus is the virus protection software that secures our device and data from malware and cyber threats. That’s the reason why it stops running unknown applications and games on our devices.
Try disabling your antivirus software whenever you face crashing issues while launching or playing the State of Decay 2 game. In addition to that, turn off the Windows Defender Firewall on your computer.
If the State of Decay 2 Crashing still occurs, then re-enable the antivirus & firewall and proceed to the further steps.
Shift State of Decay 2 to Different Drive
Low disk space on your drive is also one of the reasons for causing crashing problems while starting the State of Decay 2 game.
In this situation, simply move the game to another drive that has enough space. For that,
- Press Windows + X keys on your keyboard -> Click Apps and Features.
- Stay in the Apps and Features tab, and locate the State of Decay 2.
- Click on the game and tap on the Move button.
- You will see a pop-up window where you’ve to select a new drive from the drop-down menu, such as Windows (D:), etc.
- Finally, click on the Move button to transfer the game to the new location.
Now, relaunch State of Decay 2 on your PC and check if the crashing happens again.
Steps To Fix State of Decay 2 Crashing Issue
Don’t worry! If the basic methods didn’t solve the State of Decay 2 Crashing issue, you have several other tricks that are given below.
[ps2id id=’Step-1-Check-the-Apps’ target=”/]
- Step 1
Check the Apps
It is mandatory to function a few applications in order to play the State of Decay 2 game properly. They are Xbox Game Bar, Xbox, and Xbox Live.
In case if you’re using Xbox Console Companion on your PC, then uninstall it completely. For that,
- Press Windows + X -> Choose Apps and Features.
- It opens the Settings window with the Apps and Features tab. In that, select Xbox Console Companion and click on the Uninstall button.
- It opens the confirmation prompt, so click on the Uninstall option.
Now, restart your Windows computer and see if the State of Decay 2 is running correctly or not.
[ps2id id=’Step-2-Upgrade-GPU-Drivers’ target=”/]
- Step 2
Upgrade GPU Drivers
To play the State of Decay 2 without any errors, you should use the updated graphics drivers on your Windows 11. If you don’t know whether you’re using the latest drivers or not, follow the below instructions.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Double-click on the Display Adapters -> Right-click on your GPU card -> Click Properties.
- Under the Driver tab, click the Update Driver option.
- Now, select the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- If there are any new drivers, then it will download and install them on your device.
It will hardly take a few seconds to complete the update process. After that, reboot the PC and check the State of Decay 2 Crashing issue is solved.
[ps2id id=’Step-3-Reset-State-of-Decay-2-Game’ target=”/]
- Step 3
Reset State of Decay 2 Game
Sometimes, it is best to reset the data of the State of Decay 2 game in order to overcome these issues. With this, we can restore the default settings of the State of Decay 2.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings -> Click on the Apps category.
- Stay in the Apps and Features tab, and choose the State of Decay 2 game.
- Click on the Advanced Options link -> Now, tap on the Reset button to restore the original settings.
- Finally, click again on the Reset button to confirm.
After resetting the settings, restart your device. In case if you still encounter the crashing problems, use other tricks given below.
[ps2id id=’Step-4-Set-US-English-as-the-Default-Language’ target=”/]
- Step 4
Set US English as the Default Language
Not only that, but the default language of your computer also decides whether to run the game smoothly or not. If you set your language other than English (US), then you will see these troubles.
Thus, make changes on your PC to play your horror video game without any errors.
- Press Windows + I -> Click Time & Language.
- Go to the Language tab, click on the Add a Language option.
- In the list, you have to select English (United States) -> Click Next.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Install button.
- Once the English (United States) language is installed successfully, move its position to the top.
Reboot the system and check the crashing problem is solved or still occurs.
[ps2id id=’Step- 5-Verify-the-Game-Integrity’ target=”/]
- Step 5
Verify the Game Integrity
Are you frustrated with this State of Decay 2 Crashing problem? Scan the game files to detect the corrupted ones and repair them via Steam Client.
There is a possibility of causing crashing issues when the game files are corrupted or missing. So, use the Steam Client to get rid of this issue.
- Open Steam Client on your Windows 11 computer.
- From the Library, right-click the State of Decay 2 game -> Click Properties.
- Open the Local Files tab and click on the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
- It starts scanning the State of Decay 2 files and repairs them if they are corrupted.
Once the validation process is completed, check the State of Decay 2 Crashing problem is fixed.
[ps2id id=’Step-6-Perform-a-Clean-Boot’ target=”/]
- Step 6
Perform a Clean Boot
We install different programs on our computers, and there could be at least one app that conflict with others. The same might happens with the State of Decay 2 game.
If any app that is running in the background conflicts with the game, you cannot play it because of continuous freezing and crashing issues.
To confirm that, you need to perform a clean boot on your Windows computer.
- Press Windows + R -> Type msconfig -> Hit Enter.
- You can see the System Configuration window on your desktop screen. In that, navigate to the Services tab and tick the Hide all Microsoft Services option.
- Find the services that are related to the video card or sound card, such as NVIDIA, Intel, AMD, and Realtek -> Uncheck all those services -> Click OK.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Under the Startup tab, select one program each time and click Disable.
Reboot your computer and open the State of Decay 2 to know the problem is fixed. If you still face the same issue, then re-enable the services one by one to find the problematic software.
After finding the problematic app, uninstall it completely from your PC.
[ps2id id=’Step-7-Update-State-of-Decay-2′ target=”/]
- Step 7
Update State of Decay 2
If none of the above methods fix the State of Decay 2 Crashing issue, then check for the latest updates. Due to bugs in the game, it will crash without any notice.
To stop these issues, we have to install the latest game patches. For that,
- Launch Steam Client on your computer -> Go to the Library to see all the installed games.
- Click on the State of Decay 2 -> If there are any new updates, then you can see Update button in the blue color.
- Click on the Update button to start installing the latest game patches.
After completing, click on the Play button to check the crashing issue still occurs or not.
Tips To Avoid State of Decay 2 Crashing
Contact Official Support
We believe that the crashing issues of State of Decay 2 will be disappeared after using the above methods. When you’ve failed to solve it, uninstalling and reinstalling the game is the best option.
Before taking this extreme step, search for some more options that might be listed on Microsoft Communities, Reddit, etc. Or else ask your friends who play this State of Decay 2 on their PCs.
If there is no way left to you, don’t hesitate to contact the technical support of Xbox Game Studios. The best customer team will approach you either chat or email with the required instructions.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, State of Decay 2 is the top-placed survival horror video game. Microsoft Windows and Xbox users can set up this game on their PCs and consoles, respectively.
If you didn’t understand any method discussed above, leave a message in the comment box. We will get in touch with you and clarify all your doubts.
You may share your own techniques (other than the above) that helped you in fixing it. Our expert team also provides troubleshooting guides on various technical issues.
You can contact us whenever any problem irritates you while working or playing the games on your PC.