Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Crash On Startup
Can’t launch Red Dead Redemption 2 game on your Windows PC? Want to know how to get rid of this issue and play the game successfully on the desktop?
Then this article is for you people. In this post, we will let you know the tips and tricks that can resolve the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Crash On Startup issue.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is an action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar Games. You can play your favorite game on various devices, such as desktops, consoles, etc.
But the PC users will encounter various problems while playing this game. One such is crashing whenever we try to start the game. Gamer can frustrate if the game crashes repeatedly on their PCs.
That’s why we are here to offer the methods that avoid the occurrence of this crashing issue. Simply execute the steps mentioned in the following sections.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is the third installment in the Red Dead series. Not only that, it is a prequel to the Red Dead Redemption that is released in 2010.
Rockstar Games effectively designed this Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC and other users. One can buy it from the official website of Rockstar Games and Steam Client.
It is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, etc. When compared with other platforms, several gamers want to play these kinds of action video games on their PCs.
Due to bugs and other issues, the game is crashing on the desktop while launching it. Until and unless this issue is solved, we irritate with this crashing problem.
Though it is not a severe error, we have to fix it as soon as possible. First, let us know the reasons that cause the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Crash On Startup issue.
With the above list of reasons, you will get to know which one is causing the issue on your computer. With this knowledge, you can apply the best solution that eliminates the error.
Let’s check out some more problems that occur while playing the Red Dead Redemption 2 game on our PCs.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Sometimes, the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Crash On Startup can be fixed with the basic ones. So, try a few methods listed below and check the issue is solved or not.
Verify the PC and Game Specifications
Before using any method, see your PC configurations are matchable with the Red Dead Redemption 2 or not. If you are using a lesser processor, or the RAM is too low, or not enough disk space, then we will see these kinds of problems.
So, check the following requirements are fulfilled by your computer or not.
If your PC satisfies the above specifications, then the crashing happens due to some other reason. So, move to the next methods to get rid of this issue.
Run Red Dead Redemption 2 as Administrator
High-level games need some extra permissions on our Windows computers. If we run the game normally or with the user account, then the game may crash on the PC while startup.
To overcome this problem, the best way is to run the Red Dead Redemption 2 as administrator. If you are starting the game directly through the .exe file, then run the executable as an administrator.
The users who use Steam Launcher to play the Red Dead Redemption 2 follow the below steps.
- Right-click Steam Desktop Icon -> Choose Properties.
- In Steam’s Properties wizard, click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this Program as an administrator box to enable it.
- Save the changes and reboot your computer.
Now, launch the Red Dead Redemption 2 and check the game is crashing or not.
Turn Off Antivirus For Some Time
Whenever you install any new application or video game, we need to add it to the exception list of our antivirus. If we forgot to add, then the program will not run properly.
We think the same might happens with your Red Dead Redemption 2 game. Open your antivirus software and add this action-adventure video game to the ignore list. Thus, the game will not crash whenever you start it on your PC.
Even though you see the same problem, then turn off the antivirus before you start the game. After finishing playing, you can re-enable to protect your computer.
Steps To Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Crash On Startup Issue
Didn’t you solve the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Crash On Startup with the basic methods? You are not alone; there are some more advanced tricks that can fix it for sure.
- Step 1
Verify the Game Files
Every single file is essential in running the game correctly on our PCs. Due to any reason, if the files are corrupted or lost, then we encounter various issues.
You have to verify the game integrity to detect and fix the corrupted game files of Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Open Steam Launcher on your Windows 10.
- Go to its Library -> Right-click the Red Dead Redemption 2 -> Properties.
- In the Game’s Properties page, open the Local Files tab
- Finally, go with the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files option.
Once the process is finished successfully, see the game is crashing or launching correctly.
- Step 2
Install the Latest Video Card Drivers
We have to keep the hardware device drivers up-to-date; otherwise, they won’t work at all. If you didn’t update for so many months, then do it now to overcome this problem.
Compared to the manual update process, it is an easy and quick process to update automatically. For that, you must install the best driver update software, such as IObit Driver Booster.
In order to fix this Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Crash On Startup, the graphics card drivers must be the latest ones.
Those who want to update the video card drivers manually can check out the following guidelines.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Device Manager.
- Double-click the Display Adapters section to list out the options.
- Right-click the graphics card that you want to update -> Click the Update Driver option.
- You will see a series of pop-up windows on your screen. Follow the instructions and complete the driver update process smoothly.
Restart the computer and launch the Red Dead Redemption 2 to check the problem is fixed or still crashing on your PC.
- Step 3
Run System File Checker
Some users suggested that running the SFC scan resolves the crashing issue of the Red Dead Redemption 2 game. Try executing the below steps to overcome this problem.
- Open the Command Prompt with Admin Rights.
- Type sfc /scannow -> Press Enter.
- It scans the PC and detects corrupted system files. Also, it immediately repairs them by replacing them with the right files.
Wait for the process to get finished successfully, and then reboot the PC. After that, open Steam Launcher and launch Red Dead Redemption 2. If the game is again crashing, then use the following methods.
- Step 4
Change Virtual Memory Settings
If the virtual memory settings on your Windows PC are configured incorrectly, then this Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Crash On Startup issue occurs. Therefore, you need to change the settings as we mentioned below.
- Press Windows logo -> Type Advanced System Settings -> Select the best-matched one in the results.
- The System Properties window appeared on your desktop screen.
- In that, click the Settings button under the Performance section.
- In the Performance Options window, click the Change option under Virtual Memory.
- After that, enable the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option.
- Click the OK button to save the settings.
After closing all the wizards, restart your system. Relaunch the game and see the issue is solved or still appears.
- Step 5
Modify To High-Performance Mode
If the above solutions failed to solve the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Crash On Startup issue, then set the game to high priority. For that,
- Make sure the Red Dead Redemption 2 is running on your computer.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Details tab -> right-click on the game -> Choose Set Priority -> Click High.
In addition to that, you have to set the game in high-performance mode. To do so, you need to execute the below guidelines.
- Go to your desktop -> Right-click on the empty space -> Click NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Choose Manage 3D Settings from the left-side panel.
- Come to the right-side panel and click the Program Settings tab.
- Now, add the Red Dead Redemption 2.exe file.
- Locate Power Management Mode and set it to Prefer Maximum Performance.
- At the bottom, you will see V-Sync or Vertical Sync and Triple Buffering. You need to turn off both these options.
After finishing everything, rerun the game and play it without any crashing issues.
- Step 6
Change the Audio Sampling
Even there are some users who have fixed it by changing the audio sampling. Why can’t you try your luck?
- Open Run Dialog by pressing Windows + R -> Type mmsys.cpl -> Hit Enter.
- The Sound Settings wizard pop-ups on your screen.
- Go to the Playback tab -> Right-click the Speakers -> Select Properties.
- In the Speaker Properties window, open the Advanced tab.
- Change the Audio Sampling to 16 or 24bit, 48000 Hz under the Default Format section.
- To save the changes, click Apply and OK.
Tips To Avoid Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Crash On Startup
Contact Official Support
Before reaching this section, we believe that you have solved the crashing problems while launching the Red Dead Redemption 2.
In rare cases, a few people still face the same issue even after using all the methods. In such a situation, you have some other ways to come out of this issue.
One is reverting back to Vulkan if you are using DirectX app. Even the problem is not fixed, look after the forums and communities on the official sites.
As everyone application or game offers free technical support, you can contact them and explain your problem. By doing so, they will provide instructions to fix the issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the best action as well as an adventure video game for PC users. When the game is crashing on startup, you can apply the methods listed above.
From different sources, we have collected these techniques. And they are successful in solving the issue on the desktops. If anyone wants to share their own methods, then post them through this article.
Want to clarify your queries on this troubleshooting guide? Then type the message in the below comment box. Within no time, we will reach you with the best solution to fix your doubts.