Dark Souls 3 Crashing
Dark Souls 3 is a wonderful action game designed by FromSoftware. In 2016, this Dark Souls III was published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
A huge number of people are attracted to this action-sequence video game. We can download Dark Souls 3 on various systems because it is available on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox.
Though it places in the top position, the game lovers face crashing issues while playing it on their PCs. The moment the game is launching or in the middle of gameplay, the users are seeing the error message.
Today, we came up with the best fixes that resolve the Dark Souls 3 Crashing error. Whatever might be the reason, the user can solve it through the troubleshooting methods given below.
We are providing full information about this technical issue in the following sections.
On our Windows PCs, we play different categories of games. From Steam and other sources, we install our favorite games. One of the video games that gains more popularity is Dark Souls 3.
Since it is published in 2016, the users are still interested in playing it on their systems. But this Dark Souls 3 troubles the users while launching it on the devices.
At the same time, the racing video game suddenly crashes without any intimation. As it attracts the user through its design, they are searching for methods to resolve the issue.
That’s the reason why we are here to offer the best techniques that can fix this crashing issue. With these methods, you will not see any kind of freezing or hanging, or crashing issues while playing the game.
Before going further, let’s know why this Dark Souls 3 Crashing issue occurs. The reasons for this problem are as follows:
There might be any one of the reasons for crashing the Dark Souls 3 on your computer. Now, you can use the below basic and advanced troubleshooting methods to resolve it.
There are some related problems that might face by the users along with Dark Souls 3 Crashing issue. You can go through them in this section with appropriate fixes to resolve them.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The basic troubleshooting methods that might resolve the Dark Souls 3 Crashing issue are provided in this section. Read the below guidelines and execute them carefully to overcome the problem.
Check the Graphics Card Drivers
The users have to check the display adapters when they face this crashing problem. Because Dark Souls 3 Crashing issue occurs due to outdated graphics card drivers.
In case if you find expired drivers, then immediately update by following the below steps.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Hit Enter.
- Now, you can see the Device Manager. In that, locate the Display Adapter.
- Right-click on the Graphics Drivers you are using and click the Update Driver option.
- A new pop-up window appears on your monitor. And you have to choose the search automatically for the updated driver software.
- After that, you need to go through some steps to complete the process.
- Thus, the graphics drivers get updated with the latest versions. Now, check the crashing issue is solved or not.
You can also perform this entire update process automatically by installing the best driver updater, like IObit Driver Booster.
Disable the Conflicting Apps
Running several applications on your computer is one of the reasons for showing Dark Souls 3 Crashing error. When the app that is running on your PC conflicts with the video game, it will crash suddenly.
That’s why we recommend you disable or terminate the unwanted apps using the following guidelines.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons at the same time.
- By this, the Task Manager window is displayed on your PC.
- You need to identify the unwanted app that is running and select it.
- Next, right-click on it and choose the End Task option. Now, see the crashing problem resolves or not.
- If you still face the issue, then continue the process by terminating other useless apps.
Check the Game & your System Specifications
One of the basic requirements to install any game on our PCs is providing minimum configuration. If your computer does not meet the required specifications, then you will face various issues.
So, when the Dark Souls 3 Crashing error occurs, check the game and your PC specifications. If your PC satisfies the game requirements, then the reason for this problem is some other else.
Power Cycling your Windows PC
Power Cycling is one of the best methods to deal with these kinds of crashing issues. It completely drains the power accumulated by your Windows computer. It shuts down the PC fully so that the temporarily configured settings are deleted.
Whenever we restart the PC, it reinitializes the temporary configurations. By this, it fixes the issue that we encounter on our PC. But you need to save all your tasks before going to power cycle your system.
- First of all, shut down the PC.
- Remove the main power supply from your system. Press the power button and hold it for at least 2 minutes.
- Wait for ten minutes and restart the computer. Now, launch the Dark Souls 3, and see whether it is crashing or not.
Steps To Fix Dark Souls 3 Crashing Issue
As this Dark Souls 3 Crashing is a common issue, the user might not fix it using the basic methods. Don’t worry! You have the advanced techniques to resolve the issue.
- Step 1
Run Dark Souls 3 as an Administrator
Some games need administrator permissions to run without any issues. Try running the Dark Souls 3 game with the admin rights and check whether the crashing issue is resolved or not.
To run Dark Souls 3 as an administrator, you need to follow the below-listed steps.
- Locate the Installed folder where it contains the .exe file of Dark Souls 3.
- Right-click on the executable file and click the Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab in the Dark Souls 3 properties wizard.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Now, you need to go with the Apply and OK buttons to save the modifications.
- Step 2
Disable Game Overlay Feature
Are you game overlays like Discord Overlay or Steam Overlay? Then you might see the crashing problem while playing Dark Souls 3. If the game overlay that you have installed is not compatible with the Dark Souls 3 game, then it will crash without any intimation.
So, we suggest the game lovers to disable the game overlays feature in order to play the game without any issues. For that, follow the below steps.
- Launch Steam on your Windows computer.
- At the top-left corner, click the Steam and choose Settings.
- From the left-side pane, you need to go with the In-Game section.
- Come to the right-side pane to disable the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game option by unchecking its box.
- Finally, hit the OK button to save the changes.
Now, start the Dark Souls 3 again and see the crashing issue still persists.
- Step 3
Run Dark Souls 3 in Windowed Mode
Though the Full-Screen Mode looks nice while playing our favorite games, sometimes, it causes many issues. One such reason that causes Dark Souls 3 to crash is the full-screen mode.
To resolve the issue, you have to run the racing video game in windowed mode.
- Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R.
- Type %appdata% command and press Enter.
- Locate the Dark Souls 3 game and double-click on it.
- Now, you need to select the GraphicsConfig.xml and open it in Notepad.
- Modify the following one:
- <config><ScreenMode>FULLSCREEN</ScreenMode>” to “<config><ScreenMode>WINDOWED</ScreenMode>
- <config><ScreenMode>FULLSCREEN</ScreenMode>” to “<config><ScreenMode>WINDOWED</ScreenMode>
- Finally, save the file.
Thus, the Dark Souls 3 Crashing issue will not occur again when you restart the game.
- Step 4
Modify the Graphics Settings of your Game
Most of the users have reported that they resolved the Dark Souls 3 Crashing issue by modifying the graphics settings. Using high-quality resolutions is one of the reasons for this crashing issue.
That’s why set the settings to low to play the game without any crashing or freezing issues. We recommend the user to set the settings like Effect Quality, Light Quality, and Shadow Quality to low resolution.
After modifying the settings, check the crashing problem is fixed or not. Still, you are facing the Dark Souls 3 Crashing? Then there are some more troubleshooting methods given below.
- Step 5
Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Corrupted game files are another major reason for the crashing problem. Whenever you encounter any such issue, immediately check for the corrupted or missing game files.
- Launch Steam on your Windows PC.
- In the next step, you need to go to the Library.
- From the list of games that appear in the Library, select the Dark Souls 3.
- Right-click on this racing video game and click the Properties.
- Thus, the properties window of Dark Souls 3 opens on the next screen.
- In that, go to the Local Files and click the Verify Integrity of Game Files option.
- You need to wait until it completes the process of verifying the game files.
Now, restart the Dark Souls 3 and play it without any crashing problems.
Tips To Avoid Dark Souls 3 Crashing
Contact Official Support
Based on the thorough research on this Dark Souls 3 Crashing issue, we listed the above methods. And they are good enough in solving the problem. By using these techniques, the user can launch and play the game without any trouble.
But if you scroll down to this section, then the problem is not solved yet. In such a situation, let’s visit the official forums of Dark Souls 3 and search for any other method.
The users who already come across these kinds of issues and solved them post those methods on the forums. If you find anything new, then try to apply that technique.
Finally, we suggest the game lovers who still face the problem is to contact the customer support team of Dark Souls 3. They will acknowledge you with the best solution to fix the issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, people who love to play Dark Souls 3 can start the game and play it without any issues. The above methods I provided will help you at the time of the Dark Souls 3 Crashing issue.
If you cracked it with any other technique, then we are most welcome to share it with us. You can post that method through the comment box given below. When the problem is not resolved, then reinstalling the Dark Souls 3 is only the best option.
You can also get solutions to many other gaming-related problems. Apart from that, we offer Buying Guides on different kinds of products.
Share or comment on this post by leaving a message in the below box.