Do you know what happens when the mouse lag while playing the Rainbow Six Siege game? You will get caught by the enemy and killed by them. Simply you will end up losing the game.
In recent times, several Rainbow Six Siege (R6S) gamers are complaining that the mouse is lagging when trying to use it. If you fall under the same situation, this troubleshooting guide is for you.
In this post, we will let you know how to tackle the mouse lagging issues while gaming R6S. Also, we offer the best tips that keep you away from these issues. Let’s see more information about the Rainbow Six Siege in the following sections.
Problem Overview: Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag
Rainbow Six Siege is one of the best tactical shooting video games developed by Ubisoft. Like other games, it is listed in the top-selling games.
Either through Ubisoft Launcher or Steam Launcher, you can start the R6S game and play it on your Windows 11/10 PCs. Ubisoft also provides the latest patches to improve the game performance.
Gamers use the mouse device to target the enemy. In some cases, it takes a long time to set the target. Due to this delay or lag, the enemy misses. And you may get caught, and mostly they will kill you.
The reasons that cause the Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag issue on your Windows 11 are:
There could be some other reasons that trigger stuttering issues. Whatever it might be, one can solve the mouse lag of Rainbow Six Siege with the following methods.
So, scroll down to the below sections to get in touch with the methods that fix the issue on your Windows 11 PC.
Related Problems: Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag
The users who want to know different variations of this Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag can go through this section carefully.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag
First of all, check out the primary steps that will help you in fixing the Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag issue on your Windows 11 PC.
Check the Hardware Requirements
In order to play the Rainbow Six Siege error-freely, your PC must satisfy all the game requirements. If there is any lack of resources on your computer, then facing these mouse lagging issues is quite common.
To confirm that, let’s check the following requirements of Rainbow Six Siege and match them with your system specs.
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10/11 (64-bit)
- RAM: 6 GB or Above
- Hard-disk: 61 GB of free space
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5870 or Greater
- CPU: Intel Core i3 560 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.0 GHz or Higher
- Faster Broadband connection
Open the system configuration and see whether it is compatible with the R6S requirements. If your PC owns sufficient resources, then move to the next method to fix it.
Close Background Apps
Are there any applications running in the background of your computer? Are you downloading any softwares or files on your Windows PC?
If your answer is yes, then immediately halt those downloading processes and close the apps on your device. There are some programs that conflict with the Rainbow Six Siege game.
That is the reason why you face the mouse lagging issue while gaming the R6S. Therefore, open the Task Manager on your computer and terminate the background apps on your PC.
At the same time, you need to pause the downloading process before launching the Rainbow Six Siege game.
Once you’ve done following the above tricks, relaunch R6S and see the mouse is lagging while shooting or not.
Steps To Fix Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag Issue
Don’t worry! You have several other troubleshooting methods on your hands to fix the Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag on your Windows 11.
- Step 1
Lower the Graphics Settings of the Game
Higher graphics settings on your video game takes a major part in causing lagging issues. If the problem is not yet solved with the above solutions, then try fixing it by lowering the in-game graphics settings, as shown below.
- The first thing you have to do is launching the Rainbow Six Siege in windowed mode.
- After that, open the game settings and disable the V-Sync option.
- Switch the Texture Quality, Shadow Texture, Shading, and other graphical settings to low.
After applying the changes, relaunch Rainbow Six Siege and see the mouse is lagging or not.
- Step 2
Upgrade Graphics Drivers
Not only the graphics settings but also the outdated graphics drivers make the mouse delay while playing the Rainbow Six Siege game.
To overcome all these issues, you have to upgrade the GPU drivers either manually or automatically. If you want to upgrade the drivers manually, then execute the below instructions.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Double-click the Display Adapters -> Right-click the GPU card (NVIDIA or AMD) that you want to upgrade -> Click Update Drivers.
- Click on the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Also, you need to go through some on-screen steps to complete the process.
After upgrading, check the mouse is lagging while gaming R6S or not.
- Step 3
Limit your FPS
By limiting the FPS, we can stop mouse lag that occurs while playing the R6S game. If you don’t know how to modify the FPS limitation of the game, then use the below steps.
- Open the installation folder of Rainbow Six Siege -> Locate the GameSettings.ini.
- After opening this file, search for the [DISPLAY] line.
- Now, set the FPS to 60 or below.
- Save the modifications that you did on this file and close the file.
Relaunch Rainbow Six Siege and check the mouse still stutters or not.
- Step 4
Change the Power Plan
Default power plan of your Windows is also one of the reasons for causing the Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag error. That’s why we recommend you modify the power plan settings, as mentioned below.
- Press Windows + S -> Type Power Options -> Hit Enter.
- You will see the power plan is set to Balanced (recommended).
- Now, choose the High-performance by clicking the radio button.
- Again press the Windows + S -> Type advanced -> Select View Advanced System Settings from the results.
- Now, click on the Settings button under the Performance section.
- Tap on the Adjust for best performance -> Click OK to save the settings.
Run the Rainbow Six Siege to test the problem is fixed or disappeared.
- Step 5
Install the Latest Mouse Firmware
Logitech and Corsair manufacturers the top best gaming mice. If you’re using any such gaming mouse to play this Rainbow Six Siege, then check whether you’re using the latest firmware.
If you haven’t upgraded the mouse software, then open the official website of the mouse manufacturer. Now, download and install the latest firmware on your computer.
Once the mouse software is updated, check the mouse lag is fixed on your Windows PC.
- Step 6
Reinstall Rainbow Six Siege
The final solution to get rid of this Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag issue is uninstalling and reinstalling it freshly on your PC. After uninstalling, remove all the files related to the Rainbow Six Siege.
- Press Windows + R -> Type control panel -> Click OK.
- Select Programs -> Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs and Features section.
- Now, select the Rainbow Six Siege game -> Click Uninstall.
- Wait until the uninstallation process is finished, and after that, start installing it freshly on your Windows 11/10 PC.
Now, relaunch Rainbow Six Siege and check the mouse is still lagging.
Tips To Avoid Rainbow Six Siege Mouse Lag:
Contact Official Support
One can easily solve the mouse stuttering issues of Rainbow Six Siege with both basic and advanced methods. In case if you fail to fix it, then there are some simple ways.
Ubisoft possesses the largest community, so you will get some different steps that can solve this mouse lag issue. Even you can also find some useful stuff related to this issue on Steam Community also.
If nothing helps you, contact the Steam Support Team to assist you in fixing this error. Finally, you can also contact the Ubisoft technical team to ask them to provide some other solutions to overcome this issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I conclude that the Rainbow Six Siege is a wonderful shooting game that comes under the action genre. You should provide the minimum game requirements on your Windows PC to stop these kinds of issues.
When the mouse lags, start using the methods given in this troubleshooting guide. If you have any doubts, you can ask us via the comment box.
Also, leave the comments on this troubleshooting guide and share it with your friends to help them in fixing the mouse stuttering issue.
Interested gamers can subscribe to our blog to get the latest notifications on various PC and Gaming issues.