Is the Voice Chat Not Working while playing the Overwatch game? Don’t panic! It is a common issue, and anyone can fix it with simple methods.
We are here to offer our services in order to resolve this Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working error. Along with that, you can get in-depth details of this issue in the following sections.
Overwatch is one of the best multiplayer first-person shooter video games. A team of members can join and play this game at a time. With the in-built feature, they can communicate with each other through voice chat.
Due to some reasons, such as expired audio drivers and damaged Mic, we can face these kinds of issues. But you can easily resolve this issue and start communicating with your team members while playing Overwatch game.
Presently, we have Lakhs of video games in different streams, such as shooting, action, racing, adventure, detective, etc. Developers design the game in compatibility mode so that we can install them on all our devices and consoles.
One such team-based multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed for the players is Overwatch. Blizzard Entertainment developed and published this video game in the year 2015.
We can download and install this shooter game on Windows, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4. Multiple players at the same time can play this first-person shooter.
With the advanced effects, graphics, and features, the designers developed this game. While playing Overwatch, we can use our Microphone and voice chat with other co-players.
There are some instances where the voice chat won’t work while playing it. Sometimes, it starts working with a simple restart of the PC and game. But in some cases, it troubles and irritates us a lot.
The reasons that cause this Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working error are as follows.
Many users have faced the problem due to one or more reasons listed above. Now, scroll down and check out the following sections to fix it.
There are several problems that we come across while playing the Overwatch game. In this section, we are providing some of those issues along with their fixes.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The basic methods that we offer to eliminate the Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working issue are given below. Apply them and overcome the error as soon as possible.
Check If You’re Muted
What happens if you have muted the volume completely? Or the volume is set too low? In this case, you might think that the microphone or headset is not working at all.
So, when you face this Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working problem, once check it is muted or not. If the volume is high and still face the issue, then move to the following methods to fix it.
Check your Microphone
Are you using your Microphone or Headphone for long hours? Is it working perfectly or troubles you while using it? In case if your Mic is not working at all, then you can’t perform a voice chat with your team players.
To do voice chat, we need a good headset. So that replace your microphone with a new one and check the problem is fixed or still persists.
If the Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working is not resolved, then go through the below fixes.
Close Conflicting Apps
Sometimes, the software that we have installed on our computers might conflict with the Overwatch game. And it may lead to the occurrence of this Voice Chat Not Working issue.
Therefore, we recommend the user to close all other applications while launching this Overwatch game.
After terminating all the processes, relaunch the game and check the Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working issue is fixed or not.
Steps To Fix Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working Issue
Still, the voice chat is not working on your Overwatch game? Then use these advanced troubleshooting methods.
- Step 1
Update Audio Drivers
Are the audio drivers on your Windows PC gets expired? Then it is quite common to face these kinds of errors. If the audio drivers are outdated or not compatible with your device, then we unable to use any kind of audio device on our computers.
That’s the reason why check for the latest audio drivers and upgrade them using the below steps.
- Press Windows + X and click Device Manager.
- Once the main window of Device Manager opens on your PC, double-click the Audio Inputs and Outputs.
- Select the device that you are using (Microphone) -> Right-click on it -> Click Update Driver option.
- Now, click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Follow some steps on your screen to complete the update process.
- After completing, launch the game and see the voice chat is working or not.
Even you can upgrade the audio drivers automatically through the IObit Driver Booster. If you haven’t installed it, then install it on your PC and update the drivers automatically.
- Step 2
Disable Exclusive Mode
In your Windows PC, if the Exclusive Mode is turned on, then you might experience this Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working issue.
Sometimes, a few third-party applications block us to use the Microphones, headsets, or others while playing these Blizzard Entertainment’s games.
Many users have fixed it simply by disabling the exclusive mode on your computer. For that, you can use the below steps.
- First of all, press Windows + R -> Type mmsys.cpl -> Click the OK button.
- Stay in the Playback tab, select the currently using audio device -> Right-click on it -> Select Properties.
- Under the properties window, you need to navigate to the Advanced tab.
- After that, uncheck the checkbox of Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device option.
- Finally, click the Apply and OK buttons.
Relaunch the Overwatch game and see the voice chat is working or not.
- Step 3
Modify Overwatch In-Game Audio Settings
Did you check the audio settings of your Overwatch game? If not, once look over the settings and modify them using the following guidelines.
Configuring the audio settings makes you use voice chat without any issues.
- First of all, launch the Overwatch game and click Options.
- Now, you have to go with the Sound.
- Increase the sound on your headset or microphone.
- You need to make sure that the Team Voice Chat and Group Voice Chat are configured to Auto Join.
- At the same time, select the right devices for accessing the voice chat devices.
- If the voice chat is configured as Push To Talk, then modify the keybind. It simply nothing but changing the Push To Talk to another different key under the Controls Menu.
- Now, it’s time to join in the Team Chat and check the voice chat is working or not while playing Overwatch.
- Step 4
Set Default Devices
What happens when your Windows OS failed to detect your audio device? If that’s the case, then we can simply encounter the Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working issue.
To overcome this problem, it’s better to set the default devices on our computer. To do so, you need to execute the given steps.
- If you open Overwatch, exit the game on your PC.
- Press Windows + R -> Type mmsys.cpl -> Press Enter.
- Under the Playback tab, select the audio device (Speakers or Headsets) that you are currently using in the Overwatch game and click the Set Default button.
- Now, select the device that you are not using -> Right-click on it -> Click Disable.
- Repeat the above step to disable all those other devices under the Playback tab.
- In the same manner, open the Recording tab.
- Right-click on the Speakers or headphones that you are using right now and click the Set as Default Device option.
- Stay in the Recording tab and select the device that you not using and click Disable option in its right-click context menu.
- Do it for all other devices under this Recording tab.
- Finally, click the OK button to save the changes.
Check the Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working issue is disappeared or still exists.
- Step 5
Check VoIP and Router Ports
If the above methods didn’t solve your problem, then check the VoIP is enabled on your PC or not. Because the internet service providers keep some limitations as well as completely disable VoIP in some regions.
Make sure that VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is enabled so that we cannot face any issues while using the voice chat.
Apart from that, check whether the required ports are opened in order to work the in-game audio perfectly. The following are the ports that must be opened to fix this issue.
- Ports 1119, 3724, 6113, 80 – TCP – for Overwatch.
- Ports 6250, 5062, and 5060 – UDP – for voice control signals.
- Ports 12000-64000 – UDP – for voice media.
- Ports 3478 and 3479 – UDP – to aid in setting up voice.
- Step 6
Disable Firewall on your PC
According to some user reports, they have resolved this Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working issue by disabling the Firewall on their Windows PCs.
Though it causes security issues, we have to disable it in order to avoid these kinds of errors while playing the Overwatch game. After finishing the game, enable the Firewall again on your PC.
- Press Windows + R -> Type Control Panel -> Hit Enter.
- Click System and Security -> Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the left-side panel, click the Turn Windows Defender ON or OFF tab.
- Both in the Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings, select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended) option.
- Click the OK button.
Now, launch the Overwatch game and check the Voice Chat Not Working issue is fixed or not.
Tips To Avoid Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working
Contact Official Support
Till now, we have offered the basic as well as advanced methodologies that can fix this Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working issue.
We are 100% sure that the players can resolve the problem with the above-listed ones. And it has been proven by several users also.
In case if you are still struggling with the error, then uninstall and reinstall Overwatch on your PC. Or else browse any other tricks on the official forums of Blizzard Entertainment. Still, you can’t find any solution, and error troubles you? Then contact the technical support team of Blizzard Entertainment.
They will let you know the steps to resolve this Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, the Overwatch players who face the voice chat not working issue can fix it through this post. Using voice chat, the team players can talk about the gameplay.
When they stop communicating due to this issue, they can use any of the methods provided in this article. If the reader knows other techniques that can solve the Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working issue, then share them with us.
For any queries about this issue, you can contact us through the following comment box. Hopefully, you are benefitted from this post by fixing the error.