MTG Arena or Magic: The Gathering Arena is a free video game developed by Wizards of the Coast. Users can play this digital card game on their Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and other devices.
Regardless of the platform, the MTG Arena game is crashing while launching or mid-game. If any of you suffers from the same problem, then this article will assist you to troubleshoot it.
The Wizards of the Coast designed and published the MTG Arena in 2018. Since it release, many users have addicted to this digital collectible card game.
The MTG Arena Crashing is mostly happening on Microsoft Windows and Android devices. Due to corrupted game files, outdated graphics drivers, and others, the game is crashing and freezing on your systems.
In the following sections, we have elaborated on the problem and given a complete guide to fix it on your PCs and other devices.
MTG Arena Crashing: Problem Overview
Problems are not a big deal for the gamers while playing video games on their PCs, consoles, Smartphones, iPhones, etc. For every error, there are multiple ways to fix it.
When we are gaming, we come across crashing, stuttering, freezing, black screen, and other issues. Earlier, we have given the best troubleshooting methods to fix those troubles.
Coming to the MTG (Magic: The Gathering) Arena game, it is a free-to-play card game. It supports multiple platforms, and that’s why it gained a huge fandom.
Wizard of the Coast structured it with effective graphics and stunning themes. But it is not exempted from the error messages. Recently, a group of people are started complaining that the MTG Arena is crashing on its startup.
A few of them reported that it started showing this issue after upgrading the MTG Arena game. It means that the latest game patches are not compatible with your PC requirements.
Apart from that, there are several other reasons that lead to this MTG Arena Crashing error.
Let’s move to the further sections to know all those solutions that resolve this crashing issue.
This Software Automatically fixes common Windows problems, repair & optimize the Windows registry, optimize your Pc for optimum performance, safe you from data loss & hardware failure and secure you by removing malware, optimizes your internet, and protects your identity online.
- Download and Install
- Start Scan
- Repair All
MTG Arena Crashing: Related Problems
Want to know the solutions that fix this MTG Arena Crashing on various devices? Then read the following paragraphs.
MTG Arena Crashing: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Begin with the primary solutions that we offer to fix the MTG Arena Crashing issue on your Windows 10/11 PCs.
Check your Windows 11 PC and MTG Arena Specifications
Magic: The Gathering Arena works only when you provide the required resources on your computer. If it does not meet the minimum game requirements, then the game will crash while launching or middle of the gameplay.
Before moving to other solutions, once check if your Windows 10 satisfies the below MTG Arena requirements.
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 10, and Windows 11 (only 64-bit)
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5600+ or Higher
- GPU: GeForce GTX 8800 or Greater
- RAM: 2 GB or Above
- Dedicated Video RAM: 768 MB
If your computer owns higher configurations than the above, then it could be some other reason for which the game is crashing.
Check your Internet Connection
Due to internet connectivity issues also, users face these kinds of problems on their PCs. So, check whether there are network issues and correct them (if any).
If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, then turn it off and then turn it on to fix it. But we suggest the gamers to switch to the wired network because wireless connections cause these errors.
Steps To Fix MTG Arena Crashing Issue
There are a lot more methods on your hands to get rid of this MTG Arena Crashing problem on your Windows, Android, etc..
- Step 1
Run MTG Arena as an Administrator
Some video games are designed in such a way that they need special rights to alter the settings and use the features. MTG Arena belongs to that category, so you have to launch it with admin permissions.
The game will crash if you try to start as a normal user. Follow the below instructions to open the MTG Arena as an administrator.
- Open the File Explorer by pressing Windows and E keys on your keyboard.
- Go to the directory where the MTG Arena is installed -> Right-click the .exe file of it -> Select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab, and check the box next to the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Finally, tap on the OK button to save the settings.
Now, launch the MTG Arena to test if the crash occurs again or not..
- Step 2
Check for Windows Updates
Is your Windows 10 OS updated or still using the older versions? If your operating system is older, then bugs in it will cause many problems, including the one that you’re facing right now.
To keep a full stop to this issue, you have to upgrade your Windows 10.
- Click on the Start menu or Windows logo -> Type Check for Updates in the Cortana search box -> Select the same from the results.
- Now, it checks whether your OS is up to date or not. It will automatically install the latest releases of Windows OS (if it is not updated).
It takes a few minutes to upgrade your Windows 10, and after that, restart the system.
- Step 3
Perform a Clean Boot
Some gamers run multiple applications even when they are playing this MTG Arena on their devices. In case if there are any problematic apps running, then they will show an impact on your gameplay.
The MTG Arena Crashing also occurs due to conflicting softwares, such as antivirus, firewall, etc. That is the reason why we advise the users to disable these security suites temporarily before starting the game.
To know whether this problem happens due to background running processes, you have to perform a clean boot on your Windows 10.
- Press Windows + R -> Type msconfig -> Hit Enter key.
- It opens the System Configuration window on your desktop. In that, click on the Services tab.
- Now, check the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft Services.
- After that, click on the Disable All button.
- In the next step, navigate to the Startup tab -> Select Open Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup tab, choose one startup item at once, and click on the Disable button.
- Close the Task Manager and click on the OK button in the System Configuration window to save the changes.
Reboot your computer and check if the MTG Arena Crashing issue is fixed.
- Step 4
Update Graphics Card Drives
Apart from the above, keeping the graphics card drivers up to date is also very important to play the MTG Arena without any crashes.
Therefore, have a look at the video drivers and update them if they are expired.
- Open the Device Manager by selecting it from the Windows + X menu.
- Once the wizard opens, double-click on the Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on the GPU Card that you want to upgrade -> Click Update Driver.
- Now, follow the on-screen steps and complete the update process.
After successfully installing the latest video drivers, see if the game is running properly.
- Step 5
Clear the Game Cache (for iOS and Android Users)
Are you facing this MTG Arena Crashing problem on your iOS and Android devices? Then we suggest you to clear the game cache from your devices.
Due to the corrupted cache of the game, you might be facing these crashing or stuttering issues on your mobiles. So, open the application or video game and remove the corrupted cache.
Or else uninstall the MTG Arena game completely from your mobiles and reinstall it freshly to avoid all these troubles.
- Step 6
Update the MTG Arena
Before going to further methods, once check whether you’re loading the latest version of MTG Arena or the older one. Wizard of the Coast always releases the latest patches to fix the bugs in the previous versions.
Since you’re facing the MTG Arena Crashing issue, you might forget to update the game. Don’t panic! Install the latest updates of MTG Arena through its official website.
- Open the Wizard of the Coast site and download the recently released patches of MTG Arena.
- Start installing them on your computer before it’s too late.
After upgrading, relaunch the game to know whether the crashing issue is solved.
- Step 7
Verify the Game Integrity (for Steam Users)
If none of the solutions fix the crashing issue, then the files of MTG Arena might be corrupted or missing. There is no need to worry at all because you can repair the corrupted game files by using the below steps and stop crashing problems.
- First of all, open Steam Client and log in to your account.
- Go to the Game Library and right-click on the Magic: The Gathering Arena game -> Choose Properties.
- Under the Local Files tab, click on the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files option.
Now, it starts validating the game files and repairs whenever it detects the corrupted items. You need to be patient until it finishes the verification process.
After that, restart your computer and check if the MTG Arena Crashing problem is solved.
If None Of The Solutions Worked For You, We Recommend Using Restoro Repair Tool.
- Click to Download Patented Software, rated great on TrustPilot.com
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to Repair, Optimize & Secure your PC
Tips To Avoid MTG Arena Crashing
Contact Official Support
If the above methods failed to stop crashing the MTG Arena game on your Windows, Android, and other devices, then remove it completely from the device.
After that, freshly download and install Magic: The Gathering Arena on your computer. Mostly, a clean reinstall of the game will clear all the issues.
But if the same problem still appears, then contact the official support team of Wizard of the Coast. The technical team will provide you with one or other steps that resolve this MTG Arena Crashing issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, I would like to say that players are showing much interest in playing digital collectible card games. MTG Arena is one such card game that works on several devices.
We are here to offer our services in fixing the MTG Arena Crashing issue on your Windows devices. If you still have any doubts, then let them clarify by contacting us at any time.
Once fixed, share this useful troubleshooting guide with your friends as well as comment on it. At last, we request the viewers to subscribe to our blog to stay up to date with the latest articles.