Battlefront 2 Black Screen
Did you see the black screen while playing Battlefront 2 on your Windows PC? Then don’t worry because there are so many methods that can fix this issue.
Black Screen errors frequently occur when something went wrong on your PC. Due to graphics cards, outdated Windows, corrupted game files, and others, the screen turns to black while playing it.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 game is the best action as well as shooting video game. We can download this game on all the supported versions of Microsoft Windows.
Though it is the top-selling video game, it frustrates the user by showing black screens. If you face this problem with Battlefront 2, then this article is for you.
Know why this Battlefront 2 Black Screen issue occurs and how you can resolve it on your Windows 10.
From the Star Wars Franchise, in the year 2017, Battlefront 2 was released as the wonderful and stunning action-shooting video game.
The interested game lovers can purchase either from the official website of Battlefront 2 or Steam Client. As it supports both single-player and multiplayer modes, the gamers play with full enjoyment on their PCs.
You can see multiple heroes in the Battlefront 2 game, such as Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, etc. Apart from that, you can play the game in various locations of this galaxy, such as Naboo, Kamino, etc.
Like this, there are many outstanding features of the Star Wars Battlefront 2 game. But there are some situations where the gamer faces errors while playing Battlefront 2.
The black screen is one such problem that most of the users encounter with this action game. Want to know why this Battlefront 2 Black Screen occurs? Then head towards the following steps.
Now, scroll down the below sections to get more information about this Battlefront 2 Black Screen issue.
Battlefront 2 shows various other errors while playing or startup. A few of them are shown in this section, along with the solutions.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The following are some of the simple and most effective methods that may solve Battlefront 2 Black Screen on your Windows 10.
Restart your Windows PC and Steam
The first and foremost thing you have to do after seeing the black screen while playing this Star Wars Battlefront 2 is rebooting the PC.
Sometimes, due to internal hardware issues, it shows different kinds of error messages. When we do a simple restart, the error will not show again.
So, try to restart your Windows computer only after closing Steam and other active processes.
After starting the PC, relaunch Steam and run the Battlefront 2 game. Now, see the black screen is still showing on your desktop or not. If so, follow the below methods to clear this problem.
Update Graphics Card Driver
An outdated device driver completely damages that particular device or stops functioning on the computer. It applies to all the components of our Windows PC, including the GPU Card.
Expired Graphics Card Drivers are one of the reasons for causing Battlefront 2 Black Screen. Therefore, install the latest drivers and upgrade your GPU.
- Press the Windows logo on your keyboard -> Type Device Manager -> Click the best-matched one in the result section.
- Click the > icon beside the Display Adapters.
- Select the Graphics Card that you are using currently -> Right-click on it -> Go with the Update Driver option.
- In the new window that appears on your screen, click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Thus, it checks for the latest drivers and installs on your Windows PC.
Once you complete the driver update process, launch Battlefront 2 and see the black screen issue is resolved or not. IObit Driver Booster completes this entire driver update process automatically on your Windows PC.
Install the Latest Patch of Windows 10:
If the automatic Windows update option is disabled, then enable it in order to upgrade your OS automatically. Some users say that the older version of Windows also causes these kinds of black screen errors.
So, check whether Microsoft released any new patches. If there are any such updates, then immediately install them to keep your Windows up-to-date.
- Press Windows + I -> Click Update & Security.
- Under the Windows Update tab, click Check for Updates.
- It downloads and installs the latest builds and upgrades your Windows 10.
After that, restart your PC and relaunch Battlefront 2 to check the black screen error is fixed or still persists.
Steps To Fix Battlefront 2 Black Screen Issue
If the basic methods didn’t solve the Battlefront 2 Black Screen issue, then look after the following advanced tricks. Carefully execute the steps to completely resolve this issue.
- Step 1
Run the Game in Windowed Mode
Running the game in Windowed Mode is the best method that effectively works in fixing the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Black Screen issue.
Several gamers have successfully get rid of this problem by switching the display mode from full-screen mode to windowed mode.
If you want to turn your screen to windowed mode while playing Battlefront 2, then press Alt + Enter keys on your keyboard.
After doing so, you have to make some changes to graphics resolution through the game settings.
- Step 2
Disable Discord Overlay
Sometimes, the in-game overlays also damage the entire gameplay. Some of the top-best game overlays are Discord, NVIDIA Overlay, etc.
Most users use Discord Overlay as a communication medium to text chat, share files, etc. If the Discord Overlay is enabled, then it often results in showing a black screen while playing Battlefront 2 game.
That’s why we suggest the user to disable the Discord Overlay using the below steps.
- Launch Discord App on your Windows PC.
- Go to the bottom-left of the screen, click the User Settings icon.
- Under the Game Settings, you have to choose the Overlay option.
- Now, you can see the Enable in-game Overlay option. Click the toggle button to disable it on your computer.
- Finally, launch Battlefront 2 and check the black screen problem is resolved or not.
- Step 3
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
Due to some issues, the game files become corrupted, and thus, it shows errors while running the game. Therefore, repair the game files in order to play the game without any hurdles.
- In the first step, you have to open the Steam Client on your PC.
- Click the Library and search the Star Wars Battlefront 2 game.
- After you locate the action video game, choose Properties from its right-click context menu.
- Navigate to the Local Files tab under the Properties page.
- Finally, click the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files option. Though it takes time, it finds and repairs the corrupted game files.
Now, run the Battlefront 2 and look the black screens are still showing or not.
- Step 4
Set a Lower DPI & Disable Full-Screen Optimization
By default, Windows 10 is configured with a higher DPI (Dots per inch). It restricts the size of the text, icons, and applications on our devices.
If you are facing graphical issues as well as black screen problems, then the best tip that we provide is to lower the DPI level. At the same time, you need to disable the full-screen optimization to resolve this black screen error.
- Firstly, open the folder where the executable file of Star Wars Battlefront 2 is saved on your Windows 10.
- Right-click on the .exe file -> Choose Properties.
- In the Properties window of Battlefront 2, click the Compatibility tab.
- Now, find the Disable Full-Screen Optimization feature and enable it by checking its checkbox.
- After that, you have to click the Change High DPI settings button.
- In the next step, enable the Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- Under the Scaling performed by section, choose the Application.
- Finally, click the OK button and restart the PC to save the changes.
- Step 5
Make Changes to Desktop Size and Position
Though it sounds wired, making changes to the desktop size and position can resolve the Battlefront 2 Black Screen.
A few users have reported that they make this black screen disappear by adjusting the desktop size on their Windows PCs.
Change the Aspect Ratio to No Scaling as well as change the FPS Count to 60 in order to play the game error-freely.
- Step 6
Reinstall Battlefront 2
If all the above methods failed to solve the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Black Screen issue, then the leftover option is reinstalling the game.
First, uninstall Battlefront 2 through the Control Panel and remove all its related files & folders. After that, freshly reinstall it on your Windows 10.
After installing, launch the game and see the black screen error is fixed or not.
Tips To Avoid Battlefront 2 Black Screen
Contact Official Support
Most probably, the game lovers of Battlefront 2 can solve the black screen problem with either basic or advanced mechanisms. We believe that there is no need to browse this section.
By chance, if the black screen problem still troubles you, then go through the official forums of Battlefront 2. If you are lucky, you can find some other tricks in these forums.
When you didn’t observe any useful stuff, simply contact the support team of Star Wars Battlefront 2. By explaining the problem clearly, you can get an appropriate solution from them.
By the end, the black screen error of the Battlefront 2 is fixed on your Windows 10.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, Battlefront 2 from the developers of DICE, Motive Studios, and Criterion Software is a graphics-rich action & shooting video game.
Errors are most common while playing these kinds of video games. At the same time, there are methods to solve these issues without fail. This Battlefront 2 Black Screen can also be fixed using the given troubleshooting steps.
If you have some other fixes, then post them via this article so that the users can use them for solving the issue. Even the users can contact us at any time to clarify their doubts regarding this post.