Logitech Mic Not Working
Is your Logitech Mic Not Working on your Windows 10? Want to sought-out this problem in order to use the microphone without any issues?
Don’t worry! You are not alone because we are offering the best methods that can fix this error. In addition to the tricks, we are providing tips that will avoid the occurrence of this trouble.
Logitech is a famous Swiss-American manufacturing company. It develops a variety of products that are related to computer peripherals and software.
Many users prefer to purchase Logitech keyboards, Mice, and other computer accessories. Even though it is a branded manufacturing company, it troubles the user in some cases.
Sometimes, Logitech’s Mic cannot work on our desktops and laptops. This problem is faced by several Logitech consumers and they are successful in resolving it.
You can also put a full-stop of this Logitech Mic Not Working issue using the following troubleshooting methods.
As we know that, there are plenty of computer peripherals manufacturing companies all over the world. Compared to all those, Logitech is an international company headquartered based in Switzerland.
Logitech is very popular in producing gaming as well as normal hardware devices. You can get almost all kinds of accessories that we use on our computers, laptops, iPads, etc.
Coming to talk about the headsets or microphones, Logitech offers both wired and wireless mics. While playing games, listening to music, and watching videos, we can use these microphones.
The stunning sound effects will enhance the gaming experience as well as we enjoy it a lot while listening to the songs. If it is a wired headset, we can simply use it by connecting it to the desktop.
In case if it is a wireless mic, we have to pair the device on our PC. But there are some instances that the Logitech Mic unable to execute its functionalities.
It stops working on our computers, and thus, we cannot listen to any sound while gaming or playing video/audio. The major reasons for the cause of Logitech Mic Not Working issue are:
If you found any of the above reason that causes the issue on your PC, then apply the given methods to completely eliminate the error.
We are going to discuss the errors that will arise while dealing with the Logitech Microphone. You can easily and quickly solve them with the given tricks.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Below given are some of the basic troubleshooting methods that might resolve the Logitech Mic Not Working issue.
Check the Volume
When your Microphone or headset’s volume is low or completely mute, we will not hear anything. Whether you are playing the game or music, the audio is out of reach to our ears.
Until and unless we increase the volume, the situation is the same. And we thought there is some issue with our Mic or PC. So, before going to use any other method, check the volume is mute or not. If it is not in mute, then check out the following methods to resolve the issue.
Try Different USB Port
Sometimes, the USB ports get damaged if we repeatedly plug and eject the removable devices improperly. If you connected your Mic to a damaged USB, then it will not work at all.
When you see the Logitech Mic Not Working issue, simply remove the Mic from that USB port and plug it into another port. Now, see whether the Mic is working correctly or not.
Check your Logitech Mic
Be sure that your Logitech Mic is not damaged. In order to make a confirmation, then eject the Mic from your PC and plug it into another computer.
If the device is running perfectly without any issues, then you have some more techniques to fix the error on your system.
Steps To Fix Logitech Mic Not Working Issue
If you have scroll down to this section, then it simply means that the above steps didn’t help you. No problem! Just move to the following tricks to fix the Logitech Mic Not Working issue.
- Step 1
Update Audio Driver
Everyone computer user knows the importance of device drivers. If the drivers are corrupt or expired or incompatible, then that particular device won’t work on the system.
Apply the same to this Logitech Microphone, which means it may troubles you due to the expired audio drivers. So, why can’t you check for the outdated sound drivers. If you found them expired, then install the newest drivers to turn them up to date.
- Press Windows + X to select the Device Manager.
- Now, expand the Audio Inputs and Outputs.
- Select the Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) -> Right-click on it -> Click Update Driver.
- Go through some basic on-screen instructions steps to finish the update process.
Once you have done with it, check the error is fixed or not. For your convenience, you can update the device drivers using IObit Driver Booster.
- Step 2
Reinstall Audio Drivers
Uninstalling and reinstalling the sound drivers might solve this Logitech Mic Not Working problem. Many users have successfully fixed this issue by following this method.
- Open the Device Manager by executing devmgmt.msc in the Run box.
- Double-click the Audio Inputs and Outputs -> Right-click the Microphone -> Click Uninstall a Device option.
- Go with the Yes or Uninstall button in the confirmation wizard.
- In the next step, expand the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
- Right-click on the Microphone device -> Click the Uninstall Device option.
- After uninstalling, restart the Windows PC.
- Windows will automatically checks for the hardware modifications and install the missing Microphone drivers.
Check the Logitech Mic starts working on the device or again showing the same problem.
- Step 3
Grant Permission to your Mic on your PC
Is Microphone turned ON on your Windows PC? If it is disabled, then it quite common to see this Logitech Mic Not Working error. So, first of all, enable the Mic on your computer by using the below guidelines.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings on your desktop.
- Click the Privacy section.
- From the left-side panel, go with the Microphone tab.
- Find the Allow apps to access your Microphone section and click the toggle button to turn it ON.
- Now, save the modifications and reboot the PC.
After restarting your device, check the Logitech Mic is working or still showing the same issue.
- Step 4
Modify the Sound Settings
Modify the sound settings on your PC in such a way that your Logitech Mic has to be the default device. To do so, execute the following steps.
- Go to the Taskbar (bottom-right corner of your screen) -> Right-click the Volume icon -> Click Sounds.
- Now, a pop-up window is displayed on your desktop. In that, stay in the Playback tab.
- In the next step, select your Microphone and set it your default device.
- Come to the Recording tab. Right-click on the empty space and choose the Show Disabled Devices.
- After that, right-click on your Logitech Mic and click the Enable option.
- Again select your Mic -> Right-click on it -> Choose the Set as Default Device option.
- In the next step, again open the Mic properties and select the Levels tab. Move the slider to the maximum.
- Finally, click the OK button to save the changes.
See the Logitech Mic Not Working error is disappeared or still persists.
- Step 5
Charge the Battery
If it is a wireless or chargeable Logitech Mic, then check whether the battery is low. The discharged Microphone device will not work on the desktops.
That’s the reason charge the battery, and once it is fully charged, check the headset is working or showing the same problem.
- Step 6
Run the Audio Troubleshooter
As a final try, run the audio troubleshooter on your Windows 10 PC. When there are any audio issues, the Microphone and other sound devices will not correctly.
By running the sound troubleshooter, it will look after the problems and repair them automatically.
- Click the Windows logo on your keyboard.
- Type Audio Troubleshooter and click “Fix and Find problems with playing sound” from the results.
- Go with the Next button to continue with the troubleshooting process. You can finish it by following the on-screen steps.
Once the audio troubleshooting task is completed, see the Logitech Mic Not Working issue is resolved or not.
Tips To Avoid Logitech Mic Not Working
Contact Official Support
Now, you got to know why the Logitech Mic does not work and how we can fix it on our Windows 10. We have checked and verified all the methods given in the post.
We are 100% sure that you can resolve the problem through this troubleshooting guide. If you still encounter the issue, then it is better to visit the nearest PC peripheral repair center.
Or else you can contact the authorized technicians of Logitech and take help from them. When nothing helps you, then simply replace the Mic. If your Logitech Mic is under warranty, then visit the Logitech’s service center and replace it with a new one.
Final Words: Conclusion
Finally, I conclude that Logitech is the best International Company that tops in manufacturing computer peripherals and accessories. The keyboards, mice, headsets, and gaming accessories of Logitech are popular compared to other company’s products.
There are several troubleshooting steps for any issue occurred while using the Logitech devices. Here also, you have various techniques to fix the Logitech Mic Not Working issue.
We listed the top-best and easiest methods in this post, but if you have any other tricks, then share them with us. For more queries and tech help, contact us through this blog.
Share or comment on this troubleshooting guide by messaging in the following box.