Are you facing MSI Dragon Center Not Working issue on your Windows desktop/laptop? Then you have landed in the right place.
In this article, you will get to know the solutions that troubleshoot the problem and make the MSI Dragon Center work properly. We also offer the tips to avoid this issue, contact official support, and additional information in this post.
MSI Dragon Center is a free application that is pre-installed on MSI laptops. With the help of this app, we can control almost all the MSI hardware components that are plugged into your laptop.
Moreover, it improves your laptop performance to play your favorite games smoothly. But there are a few times where the MSI Dragon Center stops working by showing the error messages, such as Stuck on waiting for MSI SDK Initialization, etc.
If you come across this kind of problem with your MSI Dragon Center, go through the following sections to resolve it.
MSI Dragon Center Not Working: Problem Overview
MSI is one of the leading producers of various hardware components, including laptops, motherboards, video cards, servers, robotic devices, etc.
It offers the best gaming laptops for game lovers. You can find the MSI Dragon Center application on each and every gaming laptop & desktop.
Dragon Center is the dashboard or an application that enhances the gaming performance by tweaking various options. You can monitor the CPU & GPU usage, change the RGB colors, etc.
Not only that, but you can also save the highlights of your video game. You can use Dragon Center on any MSI products.
In addition to that, you can use MSI Dragon Center to tune your system based on your activities. Even you can increase the battery life of your laptop using this Dragon Center.
There are many other advanced features in this application. But due to some issues, it will stop working on our laptops. Gamers who have habituated to this MSI Dragon Center will frustrate a lot when it won’t work on their devices.
That is the reason why we came here to help those users to find and fix the problem. Let’s see what are the reasons that cause this MSI Dragon Center Not Working issue.
Whatever it could be, you can resolve it with our tricks and use the app without any issues.
MSI Dragon Center Not Working: Related Problems
We will let you know the multiple problems that you face while using MSI Dragon Center on your device.
MSI Dragon Center Not Working: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
When you come across any problem with MSI Dragon Center, reboot your laptop or desktop. If the issue is not fixed after relaunching it freshly, try the basic tricks given below.
Check for Windows Updates
According to some users, they found that older or expired versions of Windows 10/Windows 11 cause MSI Dragon Center Not Working issues.
Once check whether you’re using the upgraded OS or not. If your Windows is outdated, execute the below steps to install the latest versions of your operating system.
- Press Windows + I keys to open Settings -> Click Update & Security category.
- Now, stay in the Windows Update tab on the left side panel. Come to the right side pane, and click the Check for Updates button.
- If there are any such new updates, it will download and install them on your device.
- But you need to wait until the upgrade process is completed.
Restart your computer and check the Dragon Center is working or not.
Run Dragon Center as an Administrator
There are a few cases where Dragon Center stops working due to insufficient permissions. If you belong to the same case, then relaunch MSI Dragon Center with the admin rights.
- Go to your desktop -> Right-click on the Dragon Center’s desktop shortcut -> Click Properties.
- In the Dragon Center Properties wizard, navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the checkbox of the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Finally, click on the Apply and OK buttons to save the modifications.
Now, check the MSI Dragon Center is working or showing the same issue.
Steps To Fix MSI Dragon Center Not Working Issue
Don’t worry! There are several other techniques that allow you to resolve the MSI Dragon Center Not Working issue on your Windows 10.
[ps2id id=’Step-1 : Install the Latest MSI Dragon Center App’ target=”/]
- Step 1
Install the Latest MSI Dragon Center App
If upgrading Windows operating system didn’t solve the issue, check for the latest releases of Dragon Center. MSI regularly releases new updates to provide advanced options for Dragon Center users.
Users who are running the older version of this app come across these kinds of problems on their PCs. Therefore, update the app to overcome these errors.
Before that, you need to uninstall and reinstall the MSI Dragon Center on your Windows 10.
- Go to the Start menu and right-click on it -> Choose Apps and Features (or Programs and Features).
- Locate the MSI Dragon Center in the list and choose it -> Now, click on the Uninstall option.
- If it throws any confirmation window, click yes to continue.
- After that, find the MSI SDK app and remove it by uninstalling it from the PC.
- Open the Run dialog by pressing Windows and R keys -> Type %programdata% and click OK.
- Now, search the MSI folder and remove everything under it.
- In the same manner, run %appdata% and %localappdata% in the Run dialog and delete the files related to the MSI app.
- In the next step, open the official website of MSI and download the latest version of Dragon Center.
- Complete the set up process by going through the on-screen steps.
In case if the Dragon Center shows the same problem after reinstalling it, use the following methods.
[ps2id id=’Step-2 : Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redist’ target=”/]
- Step 2
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redist
If the above solutions didn’t fix the Dragon Center Not Working issue, it could be due to the Microsoft apps installed on your device.
The bugs and errors in the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable app stops the Dragon Center application to work.
In this situation, it is better to reinstall the Visual C++ app on your Windows 10/11. Before reinstall it, you have to uninstall MSI Dragon Center on your PC. After that,
- Press Windows + R -> Type appwiz.cpl -> Click OK.
- Select Microsoft Visual C++ Redist app from the list -> Click on the Uninstall option.
- Reboot your computer and open the official site of Microsoft. Now, find the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable and download it.
Finish the installation process and restart your system again. Now, you need to reinstall the MSI Dragon Center gaming app and see if the issue is fixed.
[ps2id id=’Step-3 : Allow the App through your Windows Firewall’ target=”/]
- Step 3
Allow the App through your Windows Firewall
Once you’ve installed MSI Dragon Center, you need to add its .exe file to your Windows Firewall; otherwise, it will block the app and not open when you try to use it.
That is the reason why we suggest the users to grant permissions to the Dragon Center to run on your Windows 11 by adding it to the exception list of the Firewall app.
- Press Windows + S -> Type Firewall -> Choose Windows Defender Firewall from the result section.
- Once the Firewall window opens, click on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall tab placed on the left pane.
- Choose MSI Dragon Center or the programs related to it and tick the box under private and public networks.
- Click OK.
After that, reboot your Windows 11 laptop and check the issue is eliminated.
[ps2id id=’Step-4 : Waiting for SDK Installation’ target=”/]
- Step 4
Waiting for SDK Installation
The majority of the players are complaining that they are facing SDK initialization issues while trying to launch the Dragon Center app.
Sometimes, this problem can be fixed after uninstalling and reinstalling Dragon Center on their PCs. So, try your luck by clean reinstall of the app.
In addition to that, you need to reconfigure its related services correctly, as shown below.
- Press Windows + R -> Type services.msc -> Click OK.
- From the list of services, locate the MSI Central Service and right-click on it to choose Properties.
- If the service is not running, then click on the Start button to make the service run on your computer.
- After that, go to the Startup type and select Automatic from the drop-down menu.
- Save the changes by clicking the OK button.
Relaunch Dragon Center and check whether the problem appears again or not.
[ps2id id=’Step-5 : Update Device Drivers’ target=”/]
- Step 5
Update Device Drivers
Dragon Center works only when its required drivers are functioning properly. If you’re facing any problems with this gaming app, it could be due to incompatible or outdated drivers.
So, we suggest Windows users to open the Device Manager and upgrade all those system drivers that are required to run the Dragon Center app error-freely.
Or else uninstall the drivers and reinstall them to fix this MSI Dragon Center Not Working issue.
[ps2id id=’Step-6 : Run SFC Scan’ target=”/]
- Step 6
Run SFC Scan
If none of the above solutions failed to resolve the MSI Dragon Center Not Working problem, then check the Windows System Files.
These types of problems mostly occur when the system files get corrupted on your Windows 11. To repair these corrupted files, you need to run SFC and DISM tools.
- Press Windows + X keys on your keyboard -> Choose Command Prompt (Admin) to open CMD with Admin rights.
- Click on the yes button if you see the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
- Now, type sfc /scannow command and hit Enter. It will scan entire PC and find the corrupted files.
- Once the process is completed, again open CMD with the admin rights.
- Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter after each one.
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- The above commands will help in fixing the problems related to the system files.
Restart your Windows computer and open Dragon Center to check the error is resolved.
Tips To Avoid MSI Dragon Center Not Working
Contact Official Support
If you follow the given instructions or steps correctly, then MSI Dragon Center Not Working issue will be solved using the above methods.
In case if Dragon Center won’t work after reinstalling it freshly, then it is considered a complex issue. To come out of this problem, you can ask your friends who are using Dragon Center or professionals.
Apart from that, search for other tricks on Reddit and MSI Communities. Or else, post the query on these forums and wait for the replies.
At last, you can contact the MSI Support Team and get instructions from them to fix it.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, MSI Dragon Center is a useful application for game lovers. Though it is pre-installed on MSI laptops, you can download and reinstall it if it shows any issues.
When the Dragon Center stops working or do not open on your Windows, start fixing it with both basic & advanced methods. If you have any doubts on this post, let us know via the comment box.
Want to know the tips and tricks for any other technical issues? If so, leave a message on the comment section. You can also browse several other troubleshooting guides on various topics of our blog.