Discord Push-To-Talk Not Working
Is the Push-To-Talk feature not working on the Discord app? Other players are hearing your background noises while chatting or playing the same game? Then you are not alone.
In this post, we came here to offer the best troubleshooting methods that can solve the Discord Push-To-Talk Not Working issue. You just need the patience to follow the procedure given below.
Discord is the world’s best Voice Over Internet Protocol and instant messaging application. With this program, we can chat, talk, and share files with other users.
Push-To-Talk is an interesting feature included in the Discord application. It completely mutes your microphone automatically once you enable it.
No one can hear the background sounds of yours while playing or chatting with your friends. Some users reported that the Push-To-Talk option stops working suddenly.
There might be any reason, such as outdated audio drivers and microphone issues. Whatever it may be, you have to fix it and make the feature work properly.
Discord is a wonderful application mainly designed for communicating with people. Users can perform various operations, like text chat, video calls, voice calls, file sharing, and others in the servers or communities.
Discord is designed with several features, such as creating our own servers, individual channels to share the information, video conversations, etc.
Apart from all these, Push-To-Talk is another effective feature of the Discord app. If we enable it on our Discord account, then other users can’t hear the noise playing in our background.
It mutes our microphone whenever we connect with our friends or other gamers. If this feature is not working, then others can hear your unwanted background noise, which may leak your privacy and irritates them.
Let’s check out the reasons for causing the Discord Push-To-Talk Not Working issue.
Scroll down the below paragraphs to know the methods that fix this Push-To-Talk Not Working issue on your Discord app.
The problems that are similar to this Push-To-Talk Not Working issue are listed below, along with the solutions to fix them.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Now, apply the following basic methods to avoid the occurrence of the Discord Push-To-Talk Not Working issue on your Windows PC.
Run Discord As Administrator
Some applications need full access rights/permissions to run them properly on the desktops. If the Push-To-Talk stops working when you launch it normally, then try to open Discord with admin rights.
- Right-click the Discord desktop icon -> Click Properties.
- In the Discord Properties wizard, check the checkbox of Run this program as an administrator.
- Save and exit the window.
Now, launch Discord on your computer and check the Push-To-Talk is working or not.
Check Your Microphone
If the Push-To-Talk feature is not yet working, then check whether the microphone or headset connected to your PC is configured as the default input & output device in Discord or not.
Make sure the default device you have selected on your PC and Discord app must be the same. After configuring the settings, check the Push-To-Talk starts working or not.
Steps To Fix Discord Push-To-Talk Not Working Issue
Now, it’s time to apply the advanced troubleshooting methods that fix the Push-To-Talk Not Working issue on the Discord app.
- Step 1
Update Audio Drivers
If you don’t have the habit of updating Operating System and Device Drivers, then you come across various PC errors. The Discord Push-To-Talk Not Working occurs due to expired sound drivers.
That’s why we are insisting you to upgrade the drivers from the manufacturer’s site to fix it. To update them automatically, simply use the IObit Driver Booster. Follow the below steps if you want to upgrade the audio drivers manually.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Hit Enter.
- Expand the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers -> Right-click the Realtek High Definition Audio -> Click Update Driver.
- It shows some instructions on your computer screen and goes through them to finish the process.
After that, restart your Windows 10 and then, check the issue is fixed or not.
- Step 2
Uninstall the Recently Installed Apps
Have you installed any third-party apps recently on your PC? Then, these programs might conflict with the Discord app. Thus, it results in the dysfunction of the Push-To-Talk feature.
Whichever applications you have installed before you see this issue, uninstall all those from your PC. After that, check the Push-To-Talk is working like before or not.
- Press Windows logo -> Type Control -> Select Control Panel in the results.
- Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs section.
- Select the app that you want to remove and click the Uninstall button.
- Within a few seconds, the application will be deleted from your PC. Like this, you can uninstall all those programs that were installed in recent times.
- Step 3
Reset Voice & Video Settings to Default and Re-Check the Keybinds
While using Discord, we change its settings as we want. In case if you have altered the voice and video settings of the Discord app, then it might cause this Push-To-Talk Not Working issue.
Therefore, you have to reset the voice and video settings of the Discord to the default. To do that, you have to go through the below guidelines.
- Launch Discord -> Click the Gear icon to open the Settings.
- From the left panel, select the Voice and Video tab.
- After that, you have to click the Keybind Settings.
- Now, ensure the Push-To-Talk and Push-To-Mute are configured with the same key.
- You have to be sure that the plugged headset is selected as the primary input & output device in both the computer and Discord app.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Reset Voice Settings.
Check the Push-To-Talk is working without any issues or not.
- Step 4
Uninstall 3rd Party Audio Software
According to some user’s reports, the users whose computer contains the third-party audio software suffer from this Discord Push-To-Talk Not Working issue.
After uninstalling it from the PC, the error will be disappeared (that means the Push-To-Talk works correctly). You can uninstall that audio software from the control panel.
- Step 5
Boot Windows In Safe Mode
If the above methods failed to fix the Discord Push-To-Talk Not Working issue, then boot your PC into safe mode. When you run the desktop in safe mode, it will launch with the default apps and minimum programs.
By doing so, you will get to know which app is causing this problem. After finding them, you can remove them permanently from the PC.
- Press Windows + R -> Type msconfig -> Hit Enter.
- The System Configuration window appears on your desktop screen.
- Navigate to the Services tab -> At the bottom, enable the Hide All Microsoft Services -> Click the Disable All button.
- Go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Select the Startup items one by one and click the Disable button.
- After completing, click the Apply and OK buttons in the System Config window.
- Finally, choose the Restart Now option. Now, you have to wait until your computer boots in the safe mode.
Relaunch Discord in the safe mode and check the Push-To-Talk is working correctly or not. If there is no issue with it, then locate the problematic software and uninstall it from your Windows 10.
Tips To Avoid Discord Push-To-Talk Not Working
Contact Official Support
We are very sure that Push-To-Talk starts working correctly after using one or more methods in this post. If the Discord users can’t fix it till now, then uninstall it completely through the control panel.
After that, remove the Discord folders and files from the PC. Now, reinstall Discord again from its official site. Even it can’t help you, then browse the Discord forums.
If you are fed up with this issue, then directly make contact with the technical support team of the Discord app. Explain everything about the issue and get some other best solutions from them. Hope you will fix the issue with their tips.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, Discord is the best way to share our thoughts through text chatting, video calling, and voice chatting. Even it allows us to transfer the media files to anyone on the servers.
When the Push-To-Talk on your Discord fails to work, start using the basic and advanced methods listed above. We have gathered almost all the tricks that can fix it.
If anyone has their own hacks, then kindly share them with us to help others to resolve the issue. For any queries on this Discord Push-To-Talk Not Working issue, then leave a message in the following comment box.