Last Updated on October 3, 2020 by Admin
AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10
Are you getting frustrated while AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open in Windows 10? Do you want to fix this Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open error on your desktop? Then you’ve landed in the right post.
In this article, we will provide simple tips & tricks to fix the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 issue. Follow this post till the end to get rid of this error.
Catalyst Control Center or CCC is a program offered by the AMD (Advanced Micro Devices). With the help of this AMD Catalyst Control Center, you can modify the settings of your display. Also, you can enhance the visual appearance on your Windows PC.
The user will see this AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open due to several reasons. Like, the usage of the expired Graphics Driver will cause this CCC Won’t Open error.
Thus, go through the following troubleshooting steps. And solve the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error as soon as possible.
AMD Catalyst Control Center allows the user to customize the display settings. Even you can change the display resolution. It helps in resizing the desktop area as we want.
More importantly, this AMD Catalyst Control Center will benefit PC gamers a lot. It improves video performance while working or playing video games.
Whenever you turn on your computer, it starts running in the background. To provide all its graphics-related functionalities, it has to run on your Windows PC.
In addition to that, there are many other advanced features of the Catalyst Control Center. But, it does not start on your PC when any error occurs.
Suppose there is any fault with the display drivers or Graphics Card. The CCC.exe file will not run on your Windows computer. At that time, you will see a pop-window on your screen. It contains the “Catalyst Control Center Cannot Be Started” message.
Thus, the user cannot make any alterations, such as changing display profiles. Also, game lovers will not experience stunning video effects while playing.
Moreover, when the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error occurs. The laptop users, which contain two video cards, are unable to switch between them.
As of our knowledge, we listed a few reasons that cause this CCC Won’t Open problem. They are:
Follow the below section to know the basic & Advanced troubleshooting steps. And solve the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error.
Apart from the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error, the PC user can come across other problems. There are several problems related to the Catalyst Control Center.
Based on the user searches, we provide tips to fix the following problems in the AMD Catalyst Control Center. They are:
The moment Catalyst Control Center stops running on your Windows 10. You will see a pop-up warning window on your desktop screen. Before going to use advanced steps, follow the basic troubleshooting steps.
Using these methods, you can fix the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error.
Check For Any Windows Update
Several users globally use Windows Operating System on their desktop computers. Microsoft releases the latest updates regularly to provide new features to the users. Also, the Windows updates will fix the bugs & security issues.
Using expired or older Windows OS, we encounter many issues on our desktops. One such is the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error.
Check whether there are any recent Windows updates or not. If so, you have to install them on your computer. The user can fix the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error by installing them.
Check Your Graphics Card
Graphics Card is the important hardware component on your Windows PC. It plays a crucial role in displaying images or videos on your screen. Gamers and other users need Graphics Card.
When you use the corrupted, incompatible, and damaged Graphics Card. You will face the AMD Catalyst Control Center Cannot Open on your Windows 10.
At the same time, the outdated Graphics Card also stops running the CCC.exe file. Before going to use the advanced methods listed below, check the Graphics Card.
If you find the above problems with your Graphics Card, then quickly rectify them. When the Graphics Card is damaged, then replace it with the new one. The user must install the compatible drivers to work the Graphics Card accordingly.
By this, you can make the PC to run the AMD Catalyst Control Center on the desktop.
Suppose the listed basic troubleshooting methods will not fix the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error. Then, use the advanced and best fixes to solve it on your desktop.
Steps to Fix AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 Issue:
The AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 is a difficult issue. When the basic methods will not help you, use the advanced tips to solve the error.
The top best techniques that fix this Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open problem are.
- Step 1
Terminate All AMD Catalyst Control Center Processes
Most of the applications run in the background whenever we switch on the computer. There are many background processes for Windows 10 PC. Some of them are Microsoft Windows Search Indexer, System Settings Broker, etc.
As we already said, the Catalyst Control Center also runs in the background when the PC starts. Sometimes, the task manager files to execute the CCC.exe file. But you will see the Catalyst Control Center processes running.
Due to this, it displays the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error. To fix this issue, you need to stop all its related processes. For that,
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons on your keyboard. And click the Task Manager option.
- It immediately opens the Task Manager wizard on your desktop screen. Below you will find the More Details option, so click on it.
- By default, it places in the Processes tab. Scroll down the window to find the Background Processes.
- After that, identify all those processes related to the AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- Select the Catalyst Control Center processes, and click the End Task option.
- Step 2
Uninstall and Reinstall Graphics Driver
Drivers are very crucial in working the hardware devices correctly. Whether it is a Keyboard or Motherboard or any other, we must install the suitable drivers.
And the device works only when the compatible and original drivers are installed. Using the corrupted or third-party drivers will result in bad performance and hardware damage.
The same will apply to the Graphics Drivers. The installation of virus-infected Graphics Drivers causes several errors. It might be one of the reasons for encountering the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error.
In such a case, we need to uninstall & reinstall the Graphics Drivers. Also, the user can fix it by updating the expired Graphics Driver.
- Go to Start Menu, right-click on it, and select the Device Manager option.
- Find out the Display Adapter Driver and expand it by hitting the “>” icon.
- Right-click on the Graphics Card and choose the Uninstall Device option.
- It opens the Uninstall Device pop-window. And in that, enable the “Delete the Driver Software for this Device” option, and click the Uninstall button.
- Thus, it uninstalls the Graphics Drivers from your Windows PC. After that, restart the computer.
- Now, again open the Device Manager. Open the Action Menu and hit the Scan for Hardware Changes.
- By doing so, Windows will install the missing Graphics Drivers on your system.
- Step 3
Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan
System File Checker is the built-in Windows utility to scan the Windows files. It finds and replaces the corrupted files with a good copy.
The System File Checker (SFC) scan can fix the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error. Execute the below steps to run the SFC.
- Click the Windows icon and type CMD in the search box.
- Select the Command Prompt and right-click on it. Now, choose the Run as Administrator option to CMD with administrator rights.
- You can see the User Account Control pop-up window. Click the Yes button to continue further.
- Type sfc /scannow command and hit the Enter button.
- Thus, it starts the scanning process on your Windows PC. After finishing, reboot the computer.
- Now, open the AMD Catalyst Control Center on the desktop. It will open the CCC without any issues.
- Step 4
Start Catalyst Control Center From The Original Directory
Still, you do not fix the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error using the above methods? Then, don’t worry! We will provide another best technique to solve the issue.
Start the AMD Catalyst Control Center from the original directory. The error will also occur when the desktop shortcut of this program is corrupted. That’s why we suggest you start the CCC from the installation folder.
- Open the Program Files where you installed the AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- In the next step, locate the ATI Technologies folder.
- After that, choose the ATI.ACE file.
- Now, locate the Core-Static, and then, click the AMD64.
- Finally, run the CLIStart.exe file by double-clicking on it.
Thus, the AMD Catalyst Control Center runs on your computer. Even you can create a new shortcut on your desktop to avoid these steps.
- Step 5
Use System Restore Point
System Restore Point is the best way to fix Windows errors. We can use the System Restore Points to restore the previous configuration.
If the above techniques did not fix the error, use this System Restore Point method.
- Click the Start Menu. Type “Create a Restore Point” in the search field and hit the Enter.
- You can see the System Properties window with the System Protection tab.
- Now, click the System Restore button.
- then select choose “different restore point” and click on next.
- In the next step, select Show More Restore Points.
- Choose the restore point according to your need and click on next.
- Go with the Finish option to restore the previous settings.
- Finally, restart the computer to see the changes.
The only drawback of using the System Restore Point is the loss of installed programs.
Tips To Avoid AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 Issue
Contact Official Support:
According to the reviews we got, the user can fix the error with the above steps. With one or more methods, they solved the AMD Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open Windows 10 error. And they are happily running the CCC.exe file on their desktops.
If anyone can’t fix the Catalyst Control Center error, we advise them to contact the experts. Also, you can take assistance from the AMD technical team to fix the issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
In my final thoughts, I would like to say that the AMD Catalyst Control Center will help you to change the display settings & profiles. It enhances video appearance by modifying brightness, contrast, and saturation.
The AMD Catalyst Control Center also customizes the image scaling. So, when the Catalyst Control Center does not run on your PC, use the listed methods to fix it.
Did you fix the error using any other methods? Then share with us without hesitation.
If you like the post and want to provide many other tech guides, leave a comment below.