Last updated on July 10th, 2020 at 10:10 pm
Fix Mouse Lag, Stuttering, Freezing in Windows 10 With This Troubleshooting Guide Easily.
Are you the one who is dealing with Mouse Lag Windows 10 issue? We can understand how it feels to get a late result after every click. In the world of technology, lag simply represents the waste of time before completion of the task. Under this, a user deals with a desynchronized environment. In simple words, it deals with the time delay in getting a result in comparison with the task initiation time.
As the mouse is a basic input device for a system. Mouse Lag Windows 10 simply impacts the overall performance of a system. For instance, when you click on something, the windows take time in performing that task. Similar situations can happen with an on-screen keyboard, like you tab on an alphabet using your mouse, but there is a delay in the time of appearance of that character on screen.
This whole issue impacts the efficiency of the system. The reason behind Mouse lag error can be related to systems hardware or software or both. Settings and used peripherals can be the focal point here. Under this, you can face issues while scrolling, or even the cursor freezes. In some cases, it just simply doesn’t move by any means.
No need to worry, our expert’s team has researched and found methods that can easily fix Mouse lag, Stuttering, Freezing, etc in Windows 10. Go through each method until you get rid of this issue.
Mouse Lag Windows 10: Problem Overview
Under Mouse lag windows 10, when a user moves the mouse, the cursor doesn’t move with the mouse. That means there is no synchronization between the input time and the system’s input takes. Clicks work slowly; many users even face issues like freezing of mouse. All of this just gives a bad user experience. Also, a lot of time waste in performing a single task.
Reasons can be:
Mouse Lag Windows 10: Related Problems
There are many other issues that are directly or indirectly related to the Mouse lag windows 10. We advise you to follow our methods for all these below-mentioned issues as well.
We can understand how disappointing problem is Mouse lagging. We have included various methods to troubleshoot the Mouse lag windows 10 issue and advise you to go through all the methods carefully.
Steps to Fix Mouse Lag Windows 10
- Step-1 : Check on Scroll Inactive feature
- Step-2 : Alter the Palm check
- Step-3 : Go for No Delay setting
- Step-4 : Consider disabling Cortana
- Step-5 : Update/Disable/Uninstall NVIDIA
- Step-6 : Disable Audio driver in Startup
- Step-7 : Change your mouse frequency
- Step-8 : Change your mouse frequency
- Step-9 : Install the official mouse driver
- Step-10 : Downgrade or Upgrade the Mouse driver
- Step-11 : Go for USB extender
- Step-12 : Alter Power management setting
Check on Scroll Inactive feature
Windows 10 includes a feature called Scroll Inactive Window. As the name says, a user can scroll via documents, web pages in background i.e. inactive window. You don’t need to focus on a particular window. Sometimes this feature conflicts with the working of the mouse. In order to fix this, you need to enable and disable one by one.
Follow the below steps to do this:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “I” on your keyboard to open “Settings”.
- Now look for “Devices”, tap on it and then tap on “Mouse” option.
- Find the “Scroll Inactive Windows” option. You will see enabling and disabling toggle there.
- Enable and disable it for 3 or 4 times and then close it.
Now, check whether the problem Mouse lag windows 10 got fixed or not. In case it is still bothering you, go for the next method.
Alter the Palm check
The palm check feature prevents the system from taking unwanted inputs. Usually, it deals with the touchpad. If you are using touchpad as your input device them palm check simply prevents any input other than the one you intentionally want.
Follow below steps to change Palm check:
- Open the “Mouse” option using Method 1 up to step 2.
- Look for “Additional Mouse Options” and tap on it.
- Go for the “TouchPad” tab.
- Tap on the “Settings” option.
- Now go for the “Advanced” tab.
- Look for the “Palm Check Threshold” option. Move it completely towards left.
Now, check whether the problem Mouse lag windows 10 got fixed or not after changing the palm check. In case it is still bothering you, go for the next method.
Note: This Option You will only get when you have Synaptics TouchPad driver
Go for No Delay setting
The touchpad has settings where you can adjust the delay. Make sure it is adjusted in the right way.
Follow the below steps to set your touchpad to No delay:
- Open the “Mouse & Touchpad” option using Method 1 up to
- Look for the “Touchpad” option in the right pane. Here you can set the delay.
- Set it to “No delay (always on)” option.
Now, check whether the problem Mouse lag windows 10 got fixed or not. In case it is not then go for the next method.
Consider disabling Cortana
It is wonder able how Cortana can be responsible here. But as per users there issue with mouse lag got fixed after turning off the Cortana.
Follow the below steps to turn off your Cortana:
- Search for “Cortana”, tap on it. Then go to its “Settings”
- Look for the option “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts, and more” line and turn it off.
Now, check whether the problem Mouse lag windows 10 got fixed or not after disabling the Cortana. In case it is still there then go for the next method.
Sometimes other existing drivers conflict with mouse Input. NVIDIA audio drivers including other audio drivers like Realtek. WE advise you to disable these drivers to check it Mouse lag windows 10 issue gets fixed.
To disable the NVIDIA driver from Device Manager:
- Tap on Windows logo key with alphabet “X”.
- Now choose the “Device Manager” option.
- Now look for “Display Adapters” under Display Adapters. Right-click on “NVIDIA GeForce” and choose “Update driver”.
- A screen will prompt with two options, tap on “Search automatically for updated driver software”. It will automatically search and install the driver.
- Now look for “NVIDIA High Definition Audio” under the “Sound, video and game controllers” option. Right-click on it and choose “Update driver”. Repeat step 4 for this.
- After updating it, check whether the issue got fixed or not. In case it is not then just disable it.
To disable: Perform the same steps, just choose “Disable device” at the place of Update device. Do this for both the above-mentioned drivers. You do not need to perform step 4 here.
After disabling the above applications, check whether the issue is fixed or not. In case still, Mouse lag windows 10 issue is not fixed then consider uninstalling above disabled applications. In that case, just choose “Uninstall device” in step 3.
Disable Audio driver in Startup
The startup has a great impact on computer initial performance. According to users disabling some heavy tasks in the startup, section fixed Mouse lag issue.
To disable Audio drivers in Startup:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “R” to open Run box.
- Now type “taskmgr” then press Ok.
- The Task manager window will be there now switch to the “Startup” tab.
- Now look for “NVIDIA GeForce Experience”, right-click on it and choose “Disable”. Do the same for “Realtek HD Audio Manager” including other audio drivers if there.
After doing this, check whether the issue with your Mouse got fixed or not. In case it is not then go for the next method.
Change your mouse frequency
Mouse frequency plays an essential role in the Mouse lag windows 10 issue. To establish a non-conflicting communication frequency is assigned to every device so as to Mouse. Let’s try to fix Mouse lag by adjusting its frequency.
To do so, look for the mouse utility software and open it. Find the option to change the mouse frequency. Change your mouse frequency from 500 to 250 Hz.
Consider Disabling Fast Startup
The fast startup feature is one of the best things in Windows. But sometimes this feature causes issues like mouse lag windows 10 etc. Disabling fast startup can fix Mouse lag windows 10.
Follow the below steps to do so:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with “X” on your keyboard.
- Choose “Power Options” from the list and tap on it.
- Click on “Additional power settings”
- Tap on “Choose what the power button does” option.
- Now look for “Change settings that are currently unavailable” and tap on it.
- Now look for “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” and unmark it. Then tap on “Save changes” toggle and close it.
After performing this issue Mouse lag windows 10 should be fixed.
Install the official mouse driver
In various cases, while updating windows 10 includes the inbuilt mouse driver. IN case you are using a mouse from other manufacturers then the mouse lag issue can occur. Incompatibility can conflict here.
We would advise you to download the latest driver for your mouse from the manufacturer’s website and install it. The official driver usually resolves the issue.
Downgrade or Upgrade the Mouse driver
Rolling back to your previous driver version can resolve the issue. Sometimes due to updates, some things start causing issues. The reason can be minor bugs. Many users reported that after rolling back, their mouse lag windows 10 issue got fixed.
Follow the below steps to perform this:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with “X” and choose “Device Manager” from the list.
- Tap on “Mice and other pointing devices” and choose your mouse available under this by double-tapping on it. For example: “Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad”.
- Now, properties windows will open up, just switch in the “Driver” section from the top bar and look for “Roll Back Driver”, tap on it.
If the rolling back option is not greyish then this will take you back to the previous version. After doing this check whether the Mouse lag Windows 10 issue got fixed or not.
Note: In case it is greyish, then we advise you to tap on the “Update Driver” option to update your mouse driver. After updating check whether the mouse lag issue got fixed or not.
Go for USB extender
The USB extender is an alternative to minimize the other device interference at maximum. Under this, you need to connect your wireless mouse receiver to the Extender. After connecting take it away from the systems area. This will minimize the interference and eventually issue will get fixed.
Many users reported that this method worked from them. Consider this as some timing issue is just because of other conflicting devices.
Alter Power management setting
Power management settings can be the culprit here. We need to change it to fix Mouse lag windows 10.
Follow the below steps to do so:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with “X” and choose “Device Manager” from the list.
- Look for “Universal Serial Bus Controller”, tap on it.
- Now choose “USB Root Hub” and double-tap on it to open the Properties window.
- Now switch to the “Power Management” tab and mark “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option and press OK toggle to apply the changes.
Note: You need to do this for all the USB hub devices present under “Universal Serial Bus Controller”.
Now check whether the Mouse lag windows 10 issue got fixed or not. We hope that one of the above solutions have worked for you.
Tips to avoid Mouse lag Windows 10 Issue
Contact Official Support
After trying all the mentioned methods, if the Mouse lags window 10 is not fixed. Then we would advise you to go for the official customer support.
Make sure you have all the required details like serial number etc before contacting your respective laptop or desktop manufacturers Like Lenovo laptop support, Asus laptop support, HP laptop support, etc.
Final words: Conclusion
All the content mentioned in this blog is authentic as per our knowledge. One of these methods should definitely work for you. We advise you to consider our “Tips to avoid” section as well.
All the methods have been pre-tested by our expert team. In case you stuck anywhere while using steps ping us below. Do not forget to give us your valuable feedback in the comment section below.