Last Updated on September 2, 2020 by Admin
Are you getting Realtek digital output no sound issue? If yes, go with the authentic methods included in this article. Mainly three solutions are applicable here like Troubleshooting the audio driver, setting speakers as default, and go for updating the audio driver. One of these will surely work for you. Many users are getting this error after connecting their audio devices to their system.
An outdated driver often creates an incompatible environment. This creates conflicts among the external device and the Driver. The resulting system gets unable to read input hence fails to decode. Here, the hardware is hardly seen as a culprit.
Overall, this is a common glitch with a simple fixable approach. Stay with us to put your hands on in order to fix the “Realtek digital output no sound” issue.
Realtek Digital Output No Sound: Problem Overview
According to users when they are connecting their digital device to the system it does not play any sound. Devices like Home theatre, Headphones, speakers among many more digital devices are facing this issue. Many users have reported that the issue occurred when they set other speakers as the default device.
Let’s find what is Realtek digital output? Well, in simple words systems generally come with Realtek sound cards pre-installed. This gives you the ability to create audio which we listen after connecting any digital device. In simple words, if you are using a digital audio device (i.e. No Analog cables) then you need a digital output driver. As this will send the digital signal through the connected wire then it will get converted to the audio sound. These are popular in the market because of their flexibility.
So, this is the process that is not happening in your Realtek digital output resulting in no sound. Here, no need to worry about the sound hardware as this is a very common issue often shows up due to software flaws.
The culprit can be the configuration you have set among others. We have included a range of causes for your reference.
Realtek Digital Output No Sound: Related Problems
Realtek digital output is abandoned with a group of related problems. Like, no sound from Realtek digital output, Realtek digital output not plugged in, etc as shown below. Do follow this article fix any issue related to Realtek digital output no sound.
Sometimes because of using different types of the input device, it struggles in decoding resulting in no sound. Let’s start with a simple and easy solution before going for the main workaround to fix Realtek digital output no sound windows 10.
Go for Hard Restart
Usually restarting or hard resetting your system once can fix these kinds of issues. Sometimes this happens due to other background running services. Go with the below-given steps to fix this is an issue.
- Turn off your system by pressing the “Power” button for 30 to 40 seconds. Once it turns off unplug it from the socket or remove the battery.
- Remove all the externally connected audio devices, wireless devices, printers, etc. As the glitch might have occurred because of one of these.
- After 3 to 5 minutes, tap on the power button to switch it on. Then connect your audio devices you were getting issue with.
Now, observe if the issue “Realtek digital output no sound” got fixed or not. In case it is not then go with the next section “Advanced Troubleshooting”.
Steps To Fix Realtek Digital Output No Sound Issue
Realtek digital output no sound issue requires some deep fixing methodology. In this section, we have enclosed such solutions to fix it. Make sure you are not making any mistakes while applying the steps. Also, do follow the order it has been written in.
Let’s get started!
- Step 1
Go for inbuilt troubleshooter for the Audio
Windows troubleshooters are well known for their satisfactory fixing capability. It simply detects the issue and finishes the process after fixing it. In case the Realtek digital output has a minor issue, this will surely work for you.
Many users have reported that this simple method has worked for them. In this issue, the flaw is not that major. So do try this,
Follow the below-given steps to run the troubleshooter for Playing Audio:
- Tap on start and choose the “Settings” option available there. Or just tap on the windows logo key with alphabet “I” to open the Settings window.
- Now locate “Update & Security” then tap on it. Now in the left pane look for the “Troubleshoot” option and tap on it.
- Click on additional troubleshooters from right pane.
- Look in the right pane for the “Get up running” heading. Go for the “Playing Audio” option, tap on it and choose the “Run the Troubleshooter” toggle available there. Now, let this troubleshooting completed, do not interrupt in between. This will automatically fetch the error and will attempt a repair.
Once it is done, play the sound to check if the issue “Realtek digital output no sound” got fixed or not. In case you are yet not able to listen to any sound then move to the next method to set your speaker as default.
- Step 2
Go and Set your Speaker as Default
In the case of the speaker, you have connected to your system as high-end features. In that case, Realtek digital output will be unable o matchup its configuration requirements resulting in no sound. We advise you to just set your connected speaker as Default.
For many users, this method has worked like a gem. Let’s start with the below-given steps to perform this.
- Look at your taskbar and locate the Speaker icon. Then right tap on it and choose “Sounds”. A pop up will appear on your screen.
- Switch to the “Playback tab” and look for your connected speaker on the list.
- Right-tap on it and choose the “Set Default Device” option. Then tap “OK”.
Now check if the issue “Realtek digital output no sound” got fixed or not. If not then move to the next method to update your audio drivers.
- Step 3
Go for Re-installing and updating
An outdated or corrupt audio driver can be the culprit of the “Realtek digital output no sound” issue. In case any file is missing or got corrupt then you will be started getting such kind of error. As we know the driver is the main linkage between the external device and the systems file. In case it is not in the right condition, it will become unable to detect the input signal resulting in no output.
Many users have done the clean re-installation of their sound driver to get rid of this digital output sound not working issue. We advise you the same, this might become your final call.
Go with the following step to Re-install your Audio Driver:
- Get into Start and locate the search bar. Type “Device Manager”, locate it then tap on it. Or tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “X” then choose “Device Manager” from the popped-up list of options.
- Look for the option “Audio inputs and outputs”, tap on it to expand and get options.
- You will get the list of installed drivers, locate your audio driver. Right-tap on it and select “Uninstall”. Follow the instructions available on the screen and let the uninstallation gets finished.
- Once it is done just “Restart” your system (This will automatically reinstall the driver you have uninstalled).
- Once the system turns on, again follow STEP 1 and STEP 2.
- Now, again right tap on the driver you have previously removed and choose “Update Driver”.
- There will be two options available on the next screen. Go for the “Search automatically for updated driver software”. This will start detecting and downloading the required updates for this driver. Once it asks for then installation just follows the on-screen guidance.
- Now repeat the whole procedure for Realtek driver available under the “Sound, video and game controller” option. Locate it in the Device manger then expand.
- Once done, “Restart” your system to make these changes applicable properly.
Once the computer turns on, check if the issue “Realtek digital output no sound” got resolved or not. In case it is not then move to our next method to update your Windows system.
- Step 4
Go for Updating your Windows system
Outdated windows can cause uncertain issues. In case any related driver or file is not in good condition. You will encounter issues related to the services runs using those files or drivers.
The updating window will fix the bug if it is due to a system file. Many users have got benefited after doing this.
Go with the following steps to start a system update:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with “I”. This will take you to the “Settings” window.
- Tap on the Update & Security “option available among many options.
- Now on the right side look for the “Check for updates” toggle and tap on it. Make sure you have a strong internet connection. Once it gets downloaded it will ask you for “Restart” just go for it.
Once the system turns on, look after the issue “Realtek digital output no sound”. As per our knowledge, this should get fixed by now.
In case it is yet not fixed then there might be some deeper issue. Switch to our “Contact official Support” section for further assistance.
Tips To Avoid Realtek Digital Output No Sound Problem
Contact Official Support
If you are not yet over with the “Realtek digital output no sound” issue then do consider Realtek official support. We advise you to consult the manufacturers of your system customer care executive. They will provide you online assistance.
You can also visit for the offline assistance by visiting the nearest repair center of your respective manufacturer. No need to worry this is a fixable issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
As we are on the binding-up section, we hope that Realtek digital output no sound issue has got fixed.
Is there something in your mind? Or are you struggling with any step? If yes, just feel free to contact us via the comment section available below. Do remember to give a glance at the tips to avoid section as it contains some essential keys. Once you are done with the fixing please share your valuable feedback. Your encouraging words help us in exploring new ways.
Keep visiting our blog!