Last Updated on August 10, 2020 by Admin
Is your Monitor keeps going to sleep? Well, it’s strange behavior but we are all set to fix this issue with our extensive range of solutions. Many users on the internet are searching around with questions like Why does my monitor keep going to sleep, what to do when the monitor goes to sleep among many more.
As computers have settings that can low the Monitors light in order to save energy. Mostly this feature of Power management interferes by causing the Monitor to automatically goes to sleep mode error.
This is very disturbing for movie lovers. Many video gamers have a complaint about their bad experience in between. We can understand this situation as it prevents one from an efficient output. These features are beneficial at its level but it conflicts with other functions.
But do not worry, we have included various workarounds to fix “Monitor keeps going to sleep” error for you.
Monitor Keeps Going To Sleep: Problem Overview
As per users while working on the system suddenly they get a message that Monitor is entering in the sleep mode. When they are accessing their work, video files, etc the monitor goes into sleep mode. Students have got offended by this much, as when they are watching their online lectures it gets into sleep mode.
There can be various reasons behind this issue, we have mentioned some of them below. These can cause Monitor to keep going to sleep mode error.
Monitor Keeps Going To Sleep: Related Problems
There are various related problems comes under Monitor keeps going to sleep issue. Some of them have been covered in this section. The base ground of these are similar, so do follow our methods fix the following Related issues as well.
Monitor keeps going to sleep mode error is hindering many users. The cause can be external or internal. we are here with some hacks to look after the facts and fixes. Try these Methods before going for Advanced troubleshooting.
Go and Check your connecting cables
Connecting cables can be the culprit here, it is important to have a look at it. If there is a loose connection then this kind of issue can happen. Because loose connections prevent it from getting constant power supply.
- Firstly, turn off your system then check on the Video Cable and the ports connecting it. Ports can also be faulty so try to switch in other ports.
- You should try a new video cable to ensure that it is not an external issue. VGA cables are also applicable, as it can replace the HDMI cables.
- Make sure no other external devices are connected to your system because that can also cause such conflicts.
Once you are done with checking, just turn on your system to check if the issue got fixed.
Go for the full scan
Make sure you have a good antivirus in your system. A malfunctioned system can also cause issues with your externally connected device. The virus simply disturbs the communication between the driver and the connected hardware.
So whichever antivirus you are using, open it and go for a hard scan. At last, Restart your system and observe your monitor ensure it got fixed or not.
Head into the multiple display Settings option
Users who have connected two monitors with their computers are getting issues only with their second monitor. The reason can be your display settings. We are going to alter the display settings to fix Second monitor keeps going to sleep.
Follow below-given steps to change the Display settings:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “S” and write “Display Settings”. Tap on it open.
- Now in right-pane look for the “Multiple Displays” option. You will find it by scrolling down. Choose “Show only on 2” from the navigating list.
Note: Do not mark “Make this my main display” sentence available there.
- Once done choose “Apply” to save changes.
Now check if the issue with your second monitor got fixed or not. If it appears again then go ahead with the mentioned methods to fix the second Monitor goes into sleep error.
There are chances of internal glitches as the monitor automatically goes in sleep mode. It is our advice to follow the below-given methods in the order as it has been written. Stay calm, one of these will fix “Monitor keeps going to sleep” error for you.
Steps To Fix Monitor Keeps Going to Sleep
- Step 1
Go for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
Under “Monitor keeps going to sleep” error, the culprit can be unexpected. If there is any minor hardware glitch, this thing can happen. Windows has its own troubleshooting software which is capable of detecting and fixing the issues. Let’s have a try on it.
Follow the below-given steps to run the troubleshooter:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “I”, this will open the Settings window. Choose “Update & Security” option.
- In the left pane tap on the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Now in the right pane look for “Recommended troubleshooting”, tap on it, and choose “Run the troubleshooter”. If this option is not there then skip this and go for the next step.
- Now tap on View troubleshooting history option available there in the right pane. On the next window look for the “Hardware and devices troubleshooter” option and click on it.
- Follow on-screen instructions to run it and wait till it completes the troubleshooting.
Once done, check if your “Monitor keeps going to sleep” issue has got fixed or not. If appears then go for our next method.
- Step 2
Run System File Checker
If this issue is occurring because of system files or misconfiguration. Then this might be the hack for you. System file checker is known for its instant service which detects and fixes up the whole issue. Monitor keeps going to sleep no signal types error can be fixed by this.
Many users have reported that their Monitor keeps going to sleep at startup. No need to worry, Let’s try this method to fix “Monitor keeps going to sleep”.
Follow the below steps to run the SFC scan on your system:
- Tap on Windows logo with alphabet “X”. now choose “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the list.
OR you can also search “Command Prompt” in the search box by tapping Windows key with alphabet “S”. locate it and right tap on it then choose “Run as Administrator”.
- Now just write “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth”, then press Enter. Now wait till it gets finished, do not interrupt in between.
- Once it becomes successfully executed. Now type “sfc/scannow” and tap “Enter”. It will start the repair procedure, wait till it gets finished.
Note: There is space before each “/” in the code.
- Once the verification is completed, type “Exit” ad press Enter.
Now Observe if the issue “Monitor keeps going to sleep” appears or not. If it is yet not fixed then go to our next method.
- Step 3
Alter the Power Plan
Power Settings can be the reason behind the “Monitor keeps going to sleep” error. Generally, users optimize their performances to save their battery. But this can cause severe issues if it is done out of the limit.
Like, as per users their Monitor goes to sleep when plugged in. There are some applications that should be kept out of the impact of power optimizations.
Follow the below steps to alter the power plan configuration:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with “X” and tap on the “Power Options”.
- Look for the “Change Plan Settings” option besides your opted power plan available in the right-pane.
- On the next screen, go for the “Change advanced power settings”.
- Power Options named box will pop up on your screen. Tap on the “Sleep” option then tap on “Allow hybrid sleep”, turn this “OFF”.
- Look for “Allow wake timers” and tap on it. For On battery and Plugged in options, set it to “Enable”.
- On the same screen, look for “USB Selective Suspend settings” and tap on it. For On battery and Plugged in options, set it to “Disable”.
- Now tap on “Apply” toggle and press “OK”.
- At last, Restart the system.
This method must fix the “Monitor keeps going to sleep” issue for you. In case even now you are facing the issue then head to our next method.
- Step 4
Update the Monitor Driver
An outdated Monitor Driver can cause such issues as well. If the issue is with a monitor driver then it might keep going to sleep. In a case recently you have updated your system to Windows 10 and this issue occurred. Then go for updating your Monitor driver as well, sometimes few updates get skipped.
Go for the following steps to update your Monitor:
- Tap the Windows logo key with alphabet “X” and choose “Device Manager” from the list.
- Locate “Monitors”, tap on it to expand. Right-tap on the Driver available under this and choose “Update Driver”.
- There will be two options on your screen, go for the first one “Search automatically for updated driver”. Wait till it downloads and installs the updates.
- Do restart your system.
- Follow Step 1 and Step 2 again, as mentioned above.
- There will be two options on your screen, go for the first one “Browse my computer for Driver Software”.
- On the next screen choose “Let me pick from the device drivers on my computer”. A list of options will be there, choose the one compatible with your system. Then tap on the “Next” toggle. Follow the on-screen guidance until it gets finished.
- At last Restart your system.
Once finished, Check if the “Monitor Keeps going to sleep” issue got fixed or not. If it persists then go for our next method.
- Step 5
Go for Windows Update
Windows update not only updates the system files but it also updates the related drivers to ensure the compatibility. In case any other related files have got corrupt or outdated. This can also lead you to “Monitor keeps going to sleep” issue.
Sometimes a simple update works in case the system has some glitch. Many users have reported that their Monitor goes to sleep when plugged in.
Follow the below steps to update your system to fix minor bugs:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “I” to open the Settings.
- Choose “Update and Security” option, tap on it.
- Now in Right pane tap on the “Check for updates”. Let this check and download the updates. Once done restart your system to install it.
We hope the issue with your Monitor has got fixed by now.
In case still you encounter sleep error then might be there is some technical fault. Please visit our Contact official support section for further guidance.
Tips To Avoid Monitor keeps going To sleep Problem
Contact Official Support
As your issue has not got fixed which indicates that there might be some deep technical glitch. No need to worry just contact your device manufacturers like LG Support, Benq Support, etc. for online help. If you got your fix then congratulations!
In case not then go for an offline approach. Visit your nearest service center with your monitor. Take the required document if it is under the warranty period. This is a fixable error; they will surely help you out.
Final Words: Conclusion
Monitor keeps going to sleep mode is grabbing quite a good attention nowadays. This has become a common issue but a fixable too. Follow all the mentioned methods one by one till the end. One of them will surely work for you.
In case you find difficulty, let us know. Also, show us your valuable concern with feedback. Our comment section is there for you.
Keep visiting us!