As per our report, several Mouse based system issues are taking rounds of the internet. One of them is the “Mouse Keeps Disconnecting” issue. We can understand many of you are exasperated by your mouse randomly disconnecting behavior. As the mouse is one of the essential input peripherals.
This is not only the case of the new model mouse but it includes some of the old models as well. USB based mouse and Bluetooth mouse both kinds of users are facing this similar issue. The reasons can be PS/2 ports in the case of the old model mouse. There can be various other reasons, we have covered under “Problem Overview” section.
So, No worries, we are here with effective solutions to fix “Mouse Keeps Disconnecting” issue. Keep your eyes peeled till the very end of this article.
Mouse Keeps Disconnecting: Problem Overview
Under this issue, users are unable to use their mouse. It gets randomly disconnected in between. Some are facing issues related to Mouse lag as well. It’s been discovered in almost all kinds of mice like USB based and Wireless based. But the good news is it is a fixable issue.
There can be various reasons behind the “Mouse keeps disconnecting” issue. Some of them are mentioned below for your reference.
Mouse Keeps Disconnecting: Related Problems
Mouse keeps disconnecting and the Reconnecting issue has been observed with a lot of other names. All of them have been mentioned below to help you out as the root of the cause is similar.
Follow our methods for the below mentioned Related problems as well.
Mouse Keeps Disconnecting: Basic Troubleshooting
Before you switch to Advanced Troubleshooting options, have a look at the external faults. There are chances that your mouse might be faulty or damaged. Many users have found that the issue was with their USB cable and wireless driver.
Have an External Check on your Mouse
The above could be your case as well, so follow the below instructions to check on the hardware-based issue:
Check your mouse in a different system to ensure it’s not damaged. You can do this by connecting with a smart TV. If you have an OTG cable, you can connect it with your Android device as well.
Case 1: If it gets connected and works well, it means the issue is with your mouse. In this case you need to visit the repair centre either official (If under warranty) or any expert. If does not get repaired, just replace it with a new one.
Case 2: If it doesn’t work in another PC as well, it signifies that the issue is with your system. It can be with the USB connecting port as well. So, try to connect in different ports. Follow our methods to fix this issue completely.
Check on EMI or Pulse based interference
Electromagnetic Interference can be the hidden culprit here. Generally, it interferes with your Mouse and makes it disconnect randomly. To fix this temporary disconnection issue, let’s look over it.
In simple words, in case more than one peripheral is connected with your system via other USB port. This issue can happen there. Remove other USB devices to check if your Mouse started working Properly.
In the case of Wireless mouse, just make sure no other wireless peripheral is connected with your system. Just disconnect all the external wireless device to check if the Mouse disconnection issue got fixed or not.
In the case of the laptop, this issue can arise due to a cooling fan. We advise you to disconnect any custom cooling fan if included.
This Software Automatically fixes common windows problems, repair & optimize the windows registry, optimize your Pc for optimum performance, safe you from data loss & hardware failure and secure you by removing malware, optimizes your internet and protects your identity online.
- Download and Install
- Start Scan
- Repair All
Steps To Fix Mouse Keeps Disconnecting Problem
In this section, we have included solutions to fix any software or internal flaw. Be careful while applying these methods to fix the issue Mouse Keeps disconnecting Windows 10. Do follow the order for the best results. So, let’s get started with the first fix.
- Step 1
Check on the USB Suspend
According to many users, they found USB suspend as the culprit in their Windows 10 system. This is a feature that lets users disable a specific USB port without any intervention in other ports. This feature usually conserves Power.
But there are chances that, might be a specific USB port is not enabled due to this feature. That is why your mouse is not connecting.
Follow the below steps to disable the USB suspend feature:
- Choose the option “Device Manager” by tapping on the Windows logo key with key “X” on your system.
- Look for “Human Interface Devices”. Tap on it to expand.
- Now choose your mouse, whichever you are using (E.g. Logitech, Razer, etc.). Right-tap on it and choose the “Properties” option.
- Now switch to the “Power Management” tab.
- Look for the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save Power” statement and unmark it.
- Once done, tap on “Ok” toggle. Then reboot your system to make these changes effective.
Once the system turns on, check if your Mouse started working or not. In case the issue “Mouse keeps disconnecting” is yet not fixed. Follow our next method.
- Step 2
Check on USB Selective Suspend and Disable it
As per users’ issues like Random disconnects got resolved after performing this fix. In the case of Method 1 doesn’t work for you or you are unable to follow it. You can go for this to fix “USB mouse keeps disconnecting windows 10” issue.
Follow below steps to disable USB selective suspend feature:
- Choose the “Power Options” by pressing the Windows logo key with “X” on your keyboard.
- Click on an additional power setting.
- Power Options window will be on your screen, tap on the “Change Plan Settings” option available beside your chosen power plan.
- Now Edit Plan settings Window will come up, tap on “Change Advanced Power Settings” option.
- Now a Power Options named box will pop up on your screen. Look for the “USB Settings” option and tap on it to expand.
- Now you will see the “USB selective suspend settings” option, tap on it to expand.
- You will see two options “On Battery” and “Plugged in”. set both the options to “Disabled”.
- Once done tap on “Apply” toggle then Restart your system.
Once it turns on check if the issue “Mouse keeps disconnecting” got fixed or not. In case it doesn’t just go for the next method.
- Step 3
Reinstall the Mouse driver from your Manufactures Website
Windows 10 known for its auto-updating feature including the peripheral drivers. Many users have encountered the issue “Mouse keeps disconnecting” after installing the latest updates.
If you are one of them then chances are the issue is with your Driver. Sometimes buggy updates get installed including the incorrect one. Many users reported that after reinstalling their mouse driver the mouse started working normally.
Follow the below steps to Uninstall and reinstall the driver
- Choose the option “Device Manager” by tapping on the Windows logo key with key “X” on your system.
- Look for the “Mice and Other Pointing Devices” option. Tap on it to expand.
- Now choose “HID-Complain Mouse”, right-tap on it, and choose the “Properties” option.
Note: In case you have ever connected more than one peripheral, you will see multiple “HID-Complaint Mouse” option. Perform this method for each one of them.
- On the Properties box, switch to the “Driver” tab and tap on the “Uninstall Device” option. In case you get any prompt message on your screen, allow it by tapping on uninstall.
- Note:- You can also use the Driver Updater tool DriverFix to Automatically update the driver without any hassle and without technical know-how.
- Now you need to download the Mouse driver. Like if you are a Logitech user, you should visit Logitech Official support.
- Once you are on the website, just look for the drivers following the on-screen tabs and dialogues. Make sure to download the correct mouse model driver.
Note: One more thing you can do is just type “Mouse model, Manufacturer, Driver” (E.g. “M35 Logitech Driver”) on your search engine. Choose the appropriate result and download the installation .exe file. One more thing, make sure you have selected the correct Windows version while downloading it.
- After downloading, locate it, and double tap on it to install. Follow the on-screen instructions until it gets installed. Once it is done, reboot your system.
- Once the system turns up, check if the Mouse random disconnecting and reconnecting issue got fixed or not. In case it is yet there, Go for the next method.
Note: If you are a Razer user, then visit the Razer website. If you are a Corsair user, visit the corsair official support. Do a similar thing, just replace the name with your mouse model number and manufacturer.
- Step 4
Install the Leftover Windows Update
In case your system is outdated you will encounter such error with your mouse. sometimes system bug causes such issue, an update fixes up the minor bugs. We advise you to update your system to fix issues like Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when playing games. Mouse disconnects when moving fast will also get fixed after getting out of bugs.
Follow the below steps to perform the Windows Update:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “I” and chose the “Update & Security” option.
- Now look for the “Check for Updates” button in the right pane and click on it.
- This will start downloading the related updates. Once it is completely downloaded. Restart your system to start and finish the installation.
Once your system turns on, check if the issue with your USB or Wireless mouse got fixed or not. In case it is not resolved yet then go for our next ultimate method.
- Step 5
Ultimate Solution: System Restore
Sometimes the issue starts up because of a corrupt system file. Like in case your Registry is corrupt, you will start facing such issues. There are chances that this might be the real culprit in your case if none of the above methods worked for you.
To fix this you can simply restore your system using the previous restore point. This will take back your system’s registry in the previous state i.e. the healthy one.
Follow the below steps to perform the System restore:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with the letter “R” to open the RUN box. Type “rstrui” and press the Enter key to open the System Restore screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, tap on the “Next” toggle.
- Now mark the “Show more restore points”. You will see System Restore points, chose the one which is dated before you started facing “Mouse keeps disconnecting” problem. After selecting that, tap on “Next” toggle.
- Tap on the “Finish” button to start the process. The system will get rebooted, wait till it gets restored. Make sure you are connected to a charging adapter. So that no interruption can occur in between.
Once the system turns on, check if the issue got fixed or not. Hopefully, now you can use your mouse in a normal way.
Tips To Avoid Mouse Keeps Disconnecting Issue
Contact Official Support
Sometimes the issues are very technical, which requires administrative privileges. In case these methods don’t fix the issue “Mouse keeps disconnecting”.
Our recommendation is to go for the official support of your respective manufacturing brand. Like Logitech, DELL, etc. visit Logitech Mouse support, Dell support respectively, or contact the support of the brand which you are using. you can also get offline support by visiting your nearest service center. Carry the required documents if it is under warranty.
No worries, it will get fixed up.
Final Words: Conclusion
Disconnecting and reconnecting of Mouse is a common issue among users. Hopefully, the issue with your mouse will get fixed using one of our Methods. In case you face issues with any step, feel free to consult us. We are always ready to help our readers.
Once your issue gets fixed, please write a few words regarding our service. Also, do mention the method worked for you including your idea if there is any.