Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the first-person shooting video game released by Activision. In recent times, a few people are facing Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working issue.
If you’re facing the same problem on your Windows PCs, you can check out this article to troubleshoot it with our methods. Also, we offer tips that can keep you away from these problems.
Gamers love to play this COD Modern Warfare on their PCs, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles. Manufacturers of this shooting video game always come up with the latest updates.
According to the gamers, the game is freezing and crashing after installing the recent update called Pacific. It bought many new features into the game, but it also brought several issues to the players.
One such issue is the Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working. Moreover, this Pacific update is also showing the impact on the game performance.
That’s the reason why you have to act quickly and find the causes of it to eliminate the problem as soon as possible.
Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working: Problem Overview
Activision is the largest publisher of video games. Some of its top-selling games of it are Warzone, Vanguard, Black Ops II, COD WWII, etc.
Call of Duty is a successful series with many installments, such as COD: Infinity Warfare, COD: Black Ops Cold War, Modern Warfare 2, Advanced Warfare, etc.
In all these parts, Modern Warfare is one of the best video games that come under the shooting genre. You can register & login to its official site and purchase the game to play it on your Windows 10/11 PCs.
Not only on computers but Call of Duty Modern Warfare is also compatible with PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Though Infinity Ward designed this game without any issues, the update of it falls the game into trouble.
The Pacific update released by the game manufacturers cause crashing, freezing, and various other errors. The multiplayer mode stops working after updating the game with this Pacific update.
Since there is some missing data pack, the Pacific update causes this issue. Due to this, the game performance also decreases.
When you encounter this problem, you can’t play Modern Warfare with the co-players. To help the gamers, we have shortlisted the possible reasons for this issue.
Now, it’s time to check out the following sections to know the methods that will fix this Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working issue.
Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working: Related Problems
Additionally, we would like to provide multiple variations of the Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working issue.
Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
When you face the COD Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working problem, immediately start using the primary techniques given in this section.
Restart your Windows 10/11 PC
Mostly, the applications or games crash or freeze completely due to overload on our systems and hardware issues. Windows users who regularly face this kind of problem follow a simple trick that is rebooting their computers.
We suggest the same to you when the Multiplayer Not Working while gaming the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game. After restarting the device, check the problem is solved or still occurs.
Run the Modern Warfare in Admin Mode
Not very sure, but try running the COD Modern Warfare with the administrator permissions. Sometimes, due to lack of rights, we see various issues, and that’s why follow the below steps to launch the game in the admin mode.
- Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer.
- Open the directory where you’ve downloaded and installed the Modern Warfare on your computer.
- Locate the executable file of the game and right-click on it -> Click Properties.
- Now, navigate to the Compatibility tab -> Check the checkbox next to the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Save and exit the window.
If the Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working problem again happens, then head towards the following section.
Steps To Fix Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working Issue
Don’t worry! You have some more methods on your hands to fix the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working issue on your Windows 10.
- Step 1
Run the Game from Dedicated Launcher
We already know that Activision confirmed to combine both Modern Warfare Multiplayer and Warzone into a single video game. And the manufacturer named it the Call of Duty Cold War.
But the users are facing problems while playing these two games on their Windows PCs and consoles.
If in case you come across Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working on your computer, simply run it through the dedicated launcher.
Remember one thing, don’t open the Modern Warfare game using the Cold War Launcher.
To avoid these issues, you have to open the installation folder of the Modern Warfare game. Now, locate the executable of it and double-click on it to launch the game.
- Step 2
Clear the Cache Data
It might be the corrupted cache data on your computer that pave the way to Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working error. Therefore, execute the below instructions to clear the cache from your Windows device.
- If there are any Battle.net applications are running in the background, open the Task Manager and shut them down completely.
- After that, press Windows + R -> Type %ProgramData% -> Click OK.
- Under the ProgramData folder, locate both BlizzardEntertainment and Net.
- You have to select both these folders and press the Del key to delete them.
Now, relaunch the Modern Warfare through Battle.net launcher and check the issue is solved.
- Step 3
Change DNS Servers
According to the users who successfully fixed this issue, changing the DNS Servers is also one of the best options to play the game in multiplayer mode.
So, let’s change the DNS servers by using the given procedure below.
- On the bottom-right of your screen, right-click the network icon -> Choose Open Network & Internet Settings.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Change Adapter Settings placed under the Advanced Network Settings section.
- Choose the active internet that you’re using and right-click on it -> Select Properties from the context menu.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option -> Tap on the Properties button.
- After that, click the radio button next to the Use the following DNS Server Addresses: option. Type the following entries.
- Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Click OK to save the modifications.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type ipconfig /flushdns command and press Enter. It will apply all the changes that you have done above.
Finally, launch Call of Duty Modern Warfare and see the problem is fixed.
- Step 4
Upgrade Network Drivers
An older network driver on your Windows computer becomes a culprit in causing this Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working. So, don’t take a chance and check the network drivers are upgraded.
If you found them expired, then update them as soon as possible by going through the below instructions.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Expand the Network Adapters section -> Choose the network device that you want to upgrade and right-click on it -> Click Update Driver.
- In the next step, select Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Finish the process by going through the steps displayed on your computer screen.
Restart your Windows PC and see the MW Multiplayer Not Working issue is solved or not.
- Step 5
Use a VPN
If none of the above solutions resolve the problem, then use any best Virtual Private Network or VPN on your PC. VPN allows you to play the game from different regions all over the world.
You can switch to multiple servers and play the game without any issues. Some of the top-best VPNs for Windows 10/11 are given below:
- CyberGhost VPN
- Private Tunnel VPN
- SurfShark VPN
You can download and install any of these VPNs on your PC and start playing the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game error-freely.
Tips To Avoid Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working
Contact Official Support
Like other gaming issues, the Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working problem can be solved with our best troubleshooting methods.
But there are some users who still can’t play the game with their friends. In such a case, you have to check out the Activision communities, Reddit, and other popular forums.
When you don’t find any useful stuff, you can post your query and get a response from experts. If nothing helps you, try fixing it by clean reinstalling the COD Modern Warfare on your Windows PC.
Activision Customer Support Team is also there to help you in fixing this problem, so you can contact us if no way is left to you.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, I can say that Call Of Duty is a successful game series developed by Infinity Ward and by the publisher of Activision.
Even though the games irritate us while playing or launching it on our Windows desktops. That is the reason why we have given the best workarounds that resolve the Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working problem.
Do you have any doubts regarding this troubleshooting guide? If so, feel free to contact us through the comment box. You are free to ask us for any technical support in fixing any kind of PC or gaming issue.
Don’t forget to tap on the Subscribe button to keep in touch with the latest articles.