Last updated on March 21st, 2021 at 01:01 am
Fix Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working Problem With Any Touch Screen Model With This Troubleshooting Guide.
Lenovo, a multinational company, developed different types of products. Tablets, Laptops, Notebooks, and Desktops are some of them.
Compared to other branded products, the Lenovo Company offers the best ones with good quality. Millions of users are using Lenovo products all over the globe.
But there are some situations where the user faces different problems while working with the Lenovo systems. One such issue is the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working.
In this post, we are going to discuss about this problem. You can get complete knowledge about how this error occurs. And how to fix the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working issue.
We have listed multiple solutions to resolve the error. Use those techniques one after the other until you use the touch screen smoothly.
Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working: Problem Overview
Like other top brands, namely, Dell, Microsoft, and HP, Lenovo is also one of the best companies. It is one of the leading producers of desktops, laptops, and Smartphones.
More importantly, Lenovo brought up those desktops and laptops with the touch screen functionality. Without any keyboard and mouse, we can work on the systems.
Regardless of its popularity, the user can face a few kinds of errors while working with Lenovo products. While using touch screen devices, sometimes, it will not work properly.
As many users face these touch screen issues with Smartphones, the PC and laptop users can encounter this issue. When the touch screen does not work, it will not show any results according to our requests.
That’s why most of the users will search for the best techniques that can fix the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working error. You have landed on the right post because we offer simple & quick fixes to resolve the issue.
The different causes of the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working are:
Now, it’s time to check out the below sections to know the best methods to make your touch screen work as usual.
Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working: Related Problems
We can come across this Touch Screen Not Working with different error messages. That’s the reason why we listed the related problems along with the solutions.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The basic troubleshooting method that you have to do after encountering these kinds of errors is rebooting the PC.
As it will fix many issues on Windows computers, but it can’t solve the difficult ones. We recommend you just try it once and check whether the touch screen works or not.
If the problem still exists, then go through the below techniques.
We connect different peripherals to our desktops or laptops. Some of them are Keyboard, Mouse, USB, Webcam, Printer, Scanner, etc.
Sometimes, these devices also cause many issues when you connect them to the touch screen devices.
In short, the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working problem occurs due to these connected devices. So, disconnect or eject all those peripherals to fix the issue immediately.
Check whether the touch screen works correctly after removing the connected devices.
Run System File Checker (SFC)
The corrupted system files and registry items lead to the entire damage of the desktop/laptop. It blocks the user from accessing the PCs smoother and faster.
Apart from the normal systems, the Touch Screen devices trouble you a lot. The malfunction in the Windows registry makes your touch screen dysfunction.
That’s why run the System File Checker to scan the system to detect and repair the registry issues.
- Open the Command Prompt with the Admin rights.
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- It executes the scanning process and wait until it gets finished.
Now, verify whether the touch screen works on your Lenovo devices.
Steps To Fix Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working Issue
If the error is not fixed with the above basic techniques, then follow these advanced methods.
- Step-1 : Run Hardware And Device Troubleshooter
- Step-2 : Update Touch Screen Drivers
- Step-3 : Disable And Re-Enable Touch Screen Driver
- Step-4 : Uninstall Windows Updates
- Step-5 : Power off the Computer Completely
- Step-6 : Edit the Registry Key
- Step-7 : Reset Windows Operating System
- Step-8 : Boot Windows in Safe Mode
- Step 1
Run Hardware And Device Troubleshooter
Running the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter or inbuilt Windows Troubleshooter detects and resolves the problems. Follow the below steps to perform this troubleshooting process.
- Use Windows & I keys at a time to open the Settings window.
- Now, click the Update & Security category.
- You can see a list of options in the left-side panel. From that, click the Troubleshoot.
- In the next step, identify the Hardware and Devices.
- Finally, click the Run the Troubleshooter.
- Thus, it starts the troubleshooting process on your Lenovo computer.
- Whenever it completes, restart the device and see if the issue still appears.
- Step 2
Update Touch Screen Drivers
Expired Touch Screen driver is one of the reasons for this issue. So, check whether the drivers are up-to-date or not. If the drivers are outdated, then execute the below-steps to update.
- Open the Run dialog by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Now, type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog and click the OK button.
- From the Device Manager wizard, find-out the Human Interface devices and expand it.
- Now find your touch-screen driver.
- Right-click on it and choose the Update Driver option.
- After that, click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Once it completes the update process, you need to reboot the PC.
Thus, the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working problem is fixed.
- Step 3
Disable And Re-Enable Touch Screen Driver
Sometimes, the error persists even after updating the touch screen drivers. In that situation, disable and re-enable the touch screen driver on your Lenovo systems. To do so, use the below guidelines.
- Open the Device Manager by typing devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog.
- From the list of drivers, select the Human Interface Devices and expand it.
- Under this HID (Human Interfaces Devices), choose the touch screen driver.
- Simply right-click on it and click the Disable Device option.
- For the user confirmation, it asks whether to proceed further or not. So, click the Yes button to continue.
- After that, again select the HID Touch Screen driver and right-click on it to choose the Enable Device option.
- Thus, the touch screen works perfectly on your Lenovo desktops/laptops.
- Step 4
Uninstall Windows Updates
Recent Windows updates cause many issues, including touch screen problems. So, when you face any such troubles, uninstall those Windows updates.
- Go to Start Menu and click the Settings (Gear icon) option.
- Now, the Settings window appears on your Lenovo screen.
- Choose Update & Security to perform the uninstallation process.
- In the next step, choose the View Update History under the Windows Update section.
- Finally, click the Uninstall Updates option.
- Thus, you can see all those installed Windows updates. And you need to select the one that is installed freshly.
- Right-click on it and click the Uninstall option.
- After that, restart the Lenovo system and check the touch screen works or not.
- Step 5
Power off the Computer Completely
If the uninstalling Windows update technique does not fix the issue, then completely switch off the computer. Follow the below steps,
Power Cycling benefits you a lot in switching off the computer completely and again turning it on. It also helps in resetting the network configurations.
- Go to the Start Menu and click the Power button.
- Select the Shut Down option to terminate the PC.
- After that, disconnect all the power cables and wait for five to ten minutes.
- Plug the cables and turn on the Lenovo computer.
- Now, use the touch screen of your Lenovo systems without any issues.
- Step 6
Edit the Registry Key
Even after going through all these methods, you still face the same touch screen problems. Then edit the registry by using the following steps.
- Open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click the OK button.
- You can see the Registry Editor window on your Lenovo screen.
- Now, open the below path,
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Enum -> ACPI -> ATML1000 -> 3&233a31a5&0 -> Device Parameters
- In the right-side pane, choose the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled registry item.
- Right-click on it and change the dword value to 00000000.
- At last, restart the Lenovo system and see if the Touch Screen works correctly or not.
- Step 7
Reset Windows Operating System
The virus-infected files, corrupted hardware devices, and faulty configurations can lead to many issues. The Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working problem also occurs due to operating system issues.
At this time, reset or reinstall your operating system to fix the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working. For Windows 10 users, use the following steps.
- Click the start menu and choose the Gear icon on the left side.
- Now, select the Update & Security option.
- In the left-side panel, click the Recovery.
- You will find the Reset this PC section at the top of the window. Under that section, click the Get Started button.
- Now Click on keep my files.
By doing so, the Touch Screen Not Working error is fixed on your Lenovo systems.
- Step 8
Boot Windows in Safe Mode
Safe Mode is the final method to fix the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working issue. It switches on the desktop/laptop with a limited number of features, minimal configurations, and stops running unwanted Startup apps.
If your Lenovo device is installed with Windows OS, then go through this guide How to Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode.
Tips To Avoid Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working
Contact Official Support
The above methods are the best ones that can resolve the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working error. Starting from the first method and till the last one, it can be fixed up to a maximum.
But in rare cases, the user cannot find a perfect solution to resolve the issue. In that situation, you can take the assistance of the professional Lenovo technicians. Also, you can visit the authorized service providers.
You can discuss your problem in the Lenovo official forums and get the answers from the experts.
If none of them resolves your issue, contact the support team of Lenovo by visiting its website. By this, you can come out of the Touch Screen Not Working error.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I conclude that Touch Screen devices will help you in finishing the tasks quickly and easily. Without accessing the keyboard and mouse, we can work with our devices.
We already said that we encounter touch screen problems due to several reasons listed above. You have to resolve it immediately to work with your device properly.
Apart from the above techniques, if you developed any other trick to solve the Touch Screen Not Working error. Then share that one with us by contacting through our blog.
Want to know any other tech solutions? Then leave a message in the below comment section.