Pressed the power button of your HP laptop, but it won’t turn on? This could happen to any user, and there is no need to worry at all.
It is a simple and frequently occurring problem for every user who is using a desktop or laptop. With the help of easy and fixable techniques, you can resolve the HP Laptop Won’t Turn On issue.
HP (Hewlett Packard) is one of the top multinational companies all over the globe. It develops different kinds of hardware peripherals, such as keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, laptops, desktops, etc.
Like other branded products, it also manufactures laptops with good quality to gain customers. But due to some reasons, we face issues with our devices.
It may be due to faulty power cables or discharged battery, or any others. We strongly say that you will fix this HP Laptop Won’t Turn On with our best techniques.
Problem Overview: HP Laptop Won’t Turn On
In the present market, we have several branded laptops, such as Dell, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, etc. Apart from these, HP is another best-selling laptop worldwide.
The design, screen quality, and everything are perfectly manufactured by the developers. HP Laptops are available in different configurations, colors, etc.
The battery backup of these laptops is also longer compared to other devices. If you charge the battery fully, you can work for several hours without any breaks.
Like this, there are many other positives of HP Laptop. But there are such times when its user suffers from problems. When the user presses the power button, it will not turn on.
That means you will not see any image on your HP Laptop when pressed the power button of it. Users think that they haven’t pressed the power button properly and do the same.
But even after pressing the start button repeatedly, it shows the same issue. And you are not the only person who encounters this problem.
There are thousands of people all over the world who faced it and successfully fix it with suitable methods. First of all, let’s see the reasons that cause this HP Laptop Won’t Turn On.
After reading the above steps, let’s get in touch with the tips and tricks that will fix this issue.
Related Problems: HP Laptop Won’t Turn On
The users who want to know similar problems of this issue are given below, along with their solutions to fix it.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: HP Laptop Won’t Turn On
Let’s start using the basic methods given below that fix the HP Laptop Won’t Turn On issue on your Windows 10/11.
Check the Battery & Power Supply
If you connected your laptop to the power supply and it won’t turn on, then you need to check the main power supply unit of your workplace.
In case if there is no issue with your power supply, then you need to check out the battery of your HP laptop. When the battery is discharged or low battery, your device will not startup.
Some users charge the battery even though it is fully charged. Due to this, it stops functioning and even damages. In case if your laptop is older, then the lifetime of the battery might be completed.
So, replace your battery with a new one and check the HP laptop is turning on. If you still see the same problem, then move to the next steps.
Remove External Hardware Peripherals
Many users connect multiple peripherals to their HP laptops, such as external HDDs, keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, pen drives, etc.
So, there might be some hardware conflicts with your laptop, and that’s why it will not startup. We suggest you unplug all the components and check the laptop is starting.
If you didn’t see any problem, then try connecting the peripherals one by one and see which one is causing the issue. Once you find that conflicting device, unplug it from the laptop and avoid connecting it again to avoid these errors.
Check the CMOS Battery
There is another possibility of causing the HP Laptop Won’t Turn On, and that is issues with the CMOS Battery. It is very important to function CMOS battery because it possesses all the essential information of BIOS settings in the motherboard.
To fix these issues, replacing the CMOS battery is the best idea. So, purchase a new CMOS battery and insert it in its slot.
Steps To Fix HP Laptop Won’t Turn On Issue
If the above methods failed to fix it, then you can check out several other tricks mentioned in this section.
- Step 1
Hard Reset your HP Laptop
One of the best techniques that most people suggest in this situation is hard resetting the HP laptop. The procedure to do that is given below.
- Make sure your HP laptop is shut down.
- If there are any external peripherals, then remove them completely, including the power cords or chargers.
- Now, remove the battery smoothly.
- Press the power button and hold it at least for 15 seconds. With this, the power will drain fully from the laptop.
- Reconnect the battery and power charger too.
- Turn On the HP laptop by pressing the power button.
- If you see any window, click on the Continue.
- Now, choose the Start Windows Normally option.
- Finally, hit the Enter button to start the Windows device normally.
Most of the time, the above steps will resolve the problem and turns on the laptop.
- Step 2
Check the Screen Issues
What if the screen of your HP laptop is damaged or not working? If that happens, then you won’t know whether your device is starting or not.
To confirm if there are any screen issues, do the following.
- In the first step, eject all those unnecessary external display devices, such as projectors and monitors.
- You need to turn off the lights in your room and check if there are any images or graphics, or lines on your laptop screen.
In case if you see an image, then there is a problem with your screen inverter. You can fix the issue by replacing it.
If you didn’t see anything even after turning off the lights, then there the display panel is damaged. In this situation, the only solution is replacing the laptop.
- Step 3
Refresh or Reset HP Laptop
If the above methods failed to turn on the HP laptop, then try refreshing or resetting the device. For that, you need to boot the device into the BIOS menu.
Once you see the Troubleshoot section, select the Refresh your PC. After that, click on the Next button.
Now, you need to wait and see the laptop starts without any issues or not. In case if the problem still persists, you need to boot again your laptop into the BIOS menu.
Now, under the Troubleshoot section, choose Reset your PC. Go with the Next option and wait until it resets the device.
If the HP laptop won’t turn on even after executing the above steps, move to the next method.
- Step 4
Boot in the Safe Mode
Safe Mode starts the device with the default settings and no third-party applications. If the settings or any programs are stopping your HP Laptop to start, then try booting your device in the Safe Mode.
- First of all, disconnect all those external hardware components.
- Now, press the Power button -> Tap on the F8 function key continuously before the Windows or manufacturer logo appears on the screen.
- Now, you need to use the arrow keys and choose the Safe Mode with Networking option.
- You need to follow a few on-screen steps to continue further.
Finally, the HP laptop will turn on in the Safe Mode. If you can’t see any positive response, then use other tricks mentioned below.
- Step 5
Restore the BIOS Settings
Changes made to the BIOS settings will become one of the major reasons for causing the HP Laptop Won’t Turn On issue. That’s why we suggest you to restore the BIOS settings to the default ones. For that, you can follow the below procedure.
- Press and hold the Power button for not less than 10 seconds.
- Before you see the manufacturer logo on your HP laptop, start pressing the F10 key to enter into the BIOS settings.
- Now, you have to press the F9 key -> If you see any confirmation message, press the Yes button.
- Hit the Enter key to start restoring the default BIOS settings of your device.
- After completing the restoration process, exit the BIOS menu.
Restart your HP laptop and see the issue is solved or still persists.
- Step 6
If restoring the default BIOS settings did not turn on the HP laptop, then check for its updates. Older versions of BIOS also create several issues, including the one that we are talking about right now.
Therefore, updating the BIOS is the next method that you to use to overcome these troubles.
- Connect your HP Laptop to the power supply unit using an adapter.
- Now, press Windows + B keys on your keyboard and hold them.
- When you’re pressing the Windows and B keys, you have to press the Power button for at least one second.
- In the next step, release the keys and see the power light is turned on.
- Your device’s screen will be blank for the next 40 seconds, and after that, you’ll hear the sounds.
- After that, it shows the BIOS update screen, and the process gets started on your HP Laptop.
Once the BIOS gets updated, reboot the device and see the problem is solved.
- Step 7
Test the Components
As we all know, our HP laptop contains a huge number of components. If any one or more components gets corrupted due to bugs, then it will lead to these kinds of issues.
So, you have to test the components of your device by using the below steps.
- Make sure that your laptop is turned off completely.
- Turn on the device by pressing the power button.
- Press the Esc key until you see the menu on the screen -> Now, press the F2 key.
- From that, you have to choose the Component Tests.
- You can select the device that you want to test, such as hard disk, processor, etc.
- Complete the process by following the on-screen instructions.
If the HP Laptop won’t Turn On even after testing the components, contact the official support team of HP.
Tips To Avoid HP Laptop Won’t Turn On
Contact Official Support
In the above sections, we have listed the best troubleshooting methods that will solve the HP Laptop Won’t Turn On issue. The problem gets eliminated by reaching the last method of this article.
If you still face the same issue, then find out the nearest HP service point and get your problem fixed by the best technician.
Since they deal with these types of issues, they better find the cause of it and fix it easily. If you encounter this problem with a newly purchased laptop, then ask the authorized person to replace it with another one.
Or if you’re using your HP Laptop for so many years, then buy a new one. Before that, you can talk to the technical support of HP and ask for their help in fixing this issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, HP is the top-most MNCs that provides qualitative service to all its customers. Whenever you come across any problem with the HP Laptop, quickly use the given methods to troubleshoot it.
We welcome those users who have resolved the HP Laptop Won’t Turn On with their own techniques. If you have any complaints or queries on this guide, let us know through the comment box.
Also, share this troubleshooting guide with your friends and known people to help them in fixing it. Finally, leave your comments on this post if you think it is valuable.