Did you face audio problems while playing Halo Infinite game on your Windows 11? Want to resolve these sound issues to enjoy the gameplay? Then you have come to the right place.
None of the video games are exempted from the errors, including Halo Infinite. Many complaints are reported against this first-person shooting video game. According to them, they are unable to hear the game sounds completely. Sometimes, the user listens to the crackling sound while playing the game.
Due to this Halo Infinite Sound Issues, gamers are losing their interest in playing the game. But don’t worry! We came here to provide the steps that troubleshoot the problem.
You can use them on your Windows 10/11 PCs and consoles to play it without any audio issues.
Halo Infinite Sound Issues: Problem Overview
Halo Infinite is a first-person shooting video game designed for Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. 343 Industries developed this extraordinary adventure game for game lovers and was published by Xbox Game Studios.
Halo is one of the successful gaming series, and Halo Infinite is its sixth installment. You can download this free-to-play game from Steam Store.
Since from its release, there are some people who face problems with the game sounds while playing it. Some say that they completely do not hear any sounds when the game is running on their PCs or consoles.
And a few people complain that they hear the cutting or crackling audio, which is not audible clearly. It will affect the gameplay and end up in losing the game.
To stop all these nonsense, we need to find why the audio issues arise on Halo Infinite. After that, fix the problem by using the appropriate solution.
Let’s see various reasons that cause Audio Not Working or Crackling Audio issues.
Read the following sections carefully and get complete details of those methods that will fix this issue.
Halo Infinite Sound Issues: Related Problems
Before going to see the methods, know some more audio issues that you may face while playing the Halo Infinite game.
Halo Infinite Sound Issues: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Move to the following basic methods and use them on Microsoft Windows 11 PC and Xbox console to fix the Halo Infinite Sound Issues.
Restart your Windows PC and Xbox Console
When you come across any error message or problem while running the applications or video games, it could be due to hardware glitches or bugs.
So, before trying out any steps, close all the apps & games running on your PC and shut down the device. After that, wait for a while and restart the system.
You can follow this trick when you face audio issues while gaming Halo Infinite on your PC or console. Just restart your computer or Xbox console and relaunch the game to check the issue is solved.
Check the Halo Infinite Servers
Sometimes, the Halo Infinite servers do not work due to maintenance issues. In case if you are playing the game at that moment, then there are many chances to face problems, including audio crackling issues.
Thus, check the status of the Halo Infinite servers to know whether they are running perfectly or down. If you found any issues with the servers, then wait until they become active or run properly.
In case the Halo Infinite Audio Issues appear even though there is no server problem, then check the following section to use some other tricks to fix it.
Steps To Fix Halo Infinite Sound Issues
Here are some of the advanced methods that you can use in order to overcome the audio issues of the Halo Infinite game.
- Step-1 : witch from Dynamic Range to Compressed Mode
- Step-2 : Upgrade Sound Drivers
- Step-3 : Change Windows Audio Settings
- Step-4 : Turn On the Spatial Sound
- Step-5 : Turn Off Communication Option
- Step-6 : Disable Hands-Free Telephony
- Step-7 : Check Privacy Settings
- Step-8 : Verify the Game Files (for Steam users)
- Step-9 : Change Speaker or Headset Audio Settings (for Xbox users)
- Step 1
Switch from Dynamic Range to Compressed Mode
The first thing that you have to check whenever you encounter any problems with Halo Infinite is its settings. If the audio settings are wrongly configured, the game audio will crackle and noisy.
Therefore, open the audio settings and correct them, as shown in the following steps.
- Launch Halo Infinite game on your Windows 11 computer.
- Now, press the F1 key on your keyboard to open the game settings.
- Navigate to the Audio tab -> Locate the Dynamic Range and set it to Compressed Mode.
Now, relaunch the game again and test the audio issues still occur.
- Step 2
Upgrade Sound Drivers
On our Windows desktops, drivers are essential to function the hardware devices properly. If you’ve installed wrong/incompatible drivers, it won’t work & the device gets damaged.
That is the reason why we must download and install the compatible drivers. And it is mandatory to keep the drivers up to date all the time.
We thought that the sound drivers on your Windows 11 might be expired, and that’s why you are facing sound issues while gaming Halo Infinite.
If you found outdated sound drivers on your computer, upgrade them by using the below instructions.
- First of all, press the Windows and X keys on your keyboard and choose Device Manager.
- Double-click on the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers section -> Right-click on the sound device that you’re using -> Click Properties.
- Navigate to the Driver tab in the Properties window, and click on the Update Driver option.
- Finish the update process by going through the on-screen steps displayed on your PC.
Restart the system and run the game to test whether the problem repeats again.
- Step 3
Change Windows Audio Settings
Several Halo Infinite gamers have fixed these audio issues by changing the audio settings on their Windows PCs. There are some important sound settings that need to be configured correctly.
So, read the below paragraphs carefully and execute them on your Windows desktops. Firstly, configure the output device settings, as mentioned below.
- Go to the Taskbar -> Click on the Speaker icon -> Click on the output device (it could be headphones or any other).
- Select the Stereo audio option. In case if you choose the Hands-Free audio, then the quality of sound is not good.
In the next phase, you need to turn on the Loudness Equalization setting by using the following procedure.
- From the Taskbar, right-click the speaker icon and choose Sounds.
- You will see the Sound window on your desktop screen. In that, go to the Playback tab.
- Choose the Headphones (output device) and select Properties from its right-click context menu.
- Go to the Enhancements tab -> Enable the Loudness Equalization option.
- Finally, save the changes by clicking the Apply and OK buttons.
- Step 4
Turn On theSpatial Sound
- Right-click the Speaker icon -> Place the mouse cursor on Spatial Sound (off) -> Select Windows Sonic for Headphones option (the option will differ according to your output device).
- Step 5
Turn Off Communication Option
- Go to the bottom-right corner of your screen -> Right-click on the speaker icon placed on the Taskbar -> Click Sound.
- Under the Communication tab, click on the radio button beside the Do Nothing option.
- Click Apply and OK buttons to save the modifications.
Now, relaunch Halo Infinite on your Windows 11 and see the audio is cutting & crackling or not.
- Step 6
Disable Hands-Free Telephony
By default, the Hands-Free Telephony setting is enabled on the control panel. Due to this setting, there are quiet more chances of occurring audio crackling issues whenever we play Halo Infinite.
Therefore, try your luck by turning off the Hands-Free Telephony setting on your PC.
- If the Halo Infinite is running, close it through the Task Manager.
- Press Windows + R -> Type control panel -> Hit Enter.
- Go to the Devices and Printers and click on the Devices section.
- Locate your Headphones and click on it -> Navigate to the Hardware tab and click on the Properties.
- Under the Services tab, disable the Hands-Free Telephony setting by unchecking it.
- Select Apply and OK to save the settings.
Restart your computer and check the Halo Infinite Sound Issues is fixed.
- Step 7
Check Privacy Settings
According to several users, changing the privacy settings on your Windows computer is another best method to resolve the Halo Infinite Sound Issues.
- Go to the Start Menu -> Type Privacy in the Cortana search console -> Click on the results.
- Navigate to the Microphone tab -> Turn off the Allow apps to access your microphone option.
- Now, scroll down the page and turn off the Allow desktop apps to access your microphone option.
Finally, restart your Windows computer and test whether the audio issues occur again or not.
- Step 8
Verify the Game Files (for Steam users)
Don’t take a chance! Check for the bad game files and repair them through the Steam Client in order to fix these audio issues.
- Launch Steam Client on your PC by double-clicking its desktop shortcut.
- Go to the Game Library -> Right-click the Halo Infinite game -> Choose Properties.
- In the Halo Infinite Properties, select the Local Files tab.
- Finally, click on the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
It scans and repairs the corrupted game files. After completing, relaunch Halo Infinite to know the audio issues are solved.
- Step 9
Change Speaker or Headset Audio Settings (for Xbox users)
If audio crackling or any other sound-related problems are troubling you while playing the Halo Infinite on your Xbox console, then change the Xbox audio settings.
- Terminate the Halo Infinite game on your Xbox console if it is running.
- Now, press the Xbox button on your Controller -> With the help of RB button, you can choose the Profile and system.
- In the next step, select Settings.
- Under the General tab, choose Volume & Audio Input tab. Now, you have to configure HDMI Audio setting to Stereo Uncompressed (if you’re using the Speaker Audio Setting).
- Note: Don’t set it to 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound option.
- In case if you are using Headset Audio setting, you need to set the headset format to either Stereo Uncompressed or Windows Sonic for Headphones.
Once you’ve done the above steps, check the Halo Infinite Sound Issues are solved.
Tips To Avoid Halo Infinite Sound Issues
Want to avoid the occurrence of the Halo Infinite Audio Issues on your Microsoft Windows and Xbox devices? Then follow the below simple tips.
Contact Official Support
Mostly, you will resolve the Halo Infinite Audio Issues with the methods discussed above. We hope that you don’t require to browse this section.
But in case if you failed to solve it, then there are a few other instructions that may help you in fixing it. One such is searching for different methods on forums, like Steam Communities, Reddit, etc.
Sometimes, it is better to uninstall and reinstall the Halo Infinite game to get rid of this issue. But before that, talk to Halo Customer Support and tell them about your issue.
Since there are well experienced, they will provide the steps that resolve the audio issues while playing the Halo Infinite game.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, I can say that Halo Infinite is a free-to-play first-person shooting video game. Windows and Xbox users love to play this adventurous game on their PCs and consoles.
Whenever you encounter audio issues while gaming Halo Infinite, fix them with the given troubleshooting methods. If you know any tricks other than the above, share them with us through the comment box.
Once you solved it, share and comment on this article. Even you can contact us when you face any other problems while playing Halo Infinite.
Finally, provide your email address and click on the subscribe button to keep in touch with the latest blogs.