Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error
Did you come across Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error while playing the games on your computer? Are you unable to start the game due to this BattlEye Service issue?
Then, you need not worry because it can be easily and quickly fixable. Today, we came here to offer the methods that can fix this Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service Generic Error.
BattlEye is the best anti-cheat system that safeguards the game from outsiders. It shields your entire gameplay by blocking unknown users.
Whatever might be the reason if the BattlEye Service stopped working, then the game won’t launch at all. That’s the reason why we have to apply the best fixes to solve the issue.
Thousands and thousands of gamers all over the world love to play their favorite games on their PCs and consoles. Whenever a game is released in the market, they purchase and play it.
Some of the top-selling video games are PUBG, H1Z1, DayZ, and many more. It is not only important to play the game, but we have to protect our gameplay from unknown hackers.
Yes, cybercriminals can hack your device and play your game. That’s the reason why developers have designed BattlEye. These high-level games include this BattlEye Service.
This Anti-Cheat Protection Service shields your game and never allows anyone to play the game. It was developed by Bastian Suter in the year 2004.
But there are some instances where BattlEye troubles the user by issuing sudden errors. One such problem that we encounter is Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error.
The reasons for the happening of this generic error are as follows:
Now, you got to know why Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error is shown on our computer screen. Let’s find the best solution to fix this issue.
Here are a few problems that are related to this BattlEye Service. Go through those issues and solve them with the given tricks.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The first and foremost steps that you have to do when this Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error issue occurs are given below. Try those methods and check the problem is solved or not.
Power Cycle your System
Once reboot your computer and see the issue is fixed or not. If the error still exists, then power cycling is the best option. Follow the below guidelines to hard reset your computer.
- First of all, press the power button and hold it for about 5 seconds. By doing so, the system will shut down completely.
- All the lights on your system are turned off, and if you see anything, then remove the power cable.
- After 30 seconds, press the power button to turn on your computer.
Now, check the problem that you are facing is fixed or not. If you see it again, then move to the following tricks.
Close Other Game Services
Some users run multiple games on their computers. In this situation, there is a chance of occurring Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error.
To fix this problem, immediately end all the processes that are running in the background. For that,
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on your keyboard.
- Select the Processes that you want to terminate -> Right-click on it -> Select End Task.
- If it issues any pop-up window, then click OK to continue.
Steps To Fix Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error Issue
Sometimes, we can’t fix the Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error with the basic methods. Don’t worry! You have some other tricks to fix it.
- Step-1 : Disable Antivirus Software & Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall
- Step-2 : Run the Game as Administrator
- Step-3 : Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
- Step-4 : Update Device Drivers
- Step-5 : Run the BattlEye Installer Manually
- Step-6 : Update BattlEye Service
- Step-7 : Reinstall BattlEye Service
- Step 1
Disable Antivirus Software & Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall
We know very well that antivirus and firewall applications protect our devices and privacy from unknown users and malicious programs. But these apps will also cause many issues.
Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error is such a problem that we can face due to these security suites. Your antivirus and firewall may block BattlEye to run on your PC.
Therefore, you have to disable the antivirus and firewall temporarily to overcome this issue. Use the following instructions to disable them on your PC.
- Go to the System Tray -> Right-click on your Antivirus icon (Avast, Avira, or BullGuard) -> Select Disable the Antivirus Temporarily.
If you want to turn off the firewall on your Windows, then do the following.
- Open Control Panel -> Select Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the left side, click Turn On or Off the Windows Defender Firewall tab.
- In the right-side panel, enable Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall in both Public and Private Network Settings.
- Save the changes.
Now, check the BattlEye Service Generic Error is fixed or not.
- Step 2
Run the Game as Administrator
Want to play PUBG or any other game without facing this issue? Then you have to run the game as an administrator. Many users have suggested that running the app with admin rights will not show any issues with the BattlEye service.
- Select the .exe file of the game -> Choose Properties.
- In the Properties wizard, go to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, check the box beside Run this program as an administrator option.
- Save the modifications.
Launch the game and check the Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error occurs or not.
- Step 3
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
The corrupted game files also lead to this generic error. That’s why you have to detect and repair them as soon as possible to avoid these issues.
- Launch Steam Client by double-clicking its desktop icon.
- From Library, right-click your game and choose Properties.
- Choose the Local Files tab on the Properties page.
- Finally, click the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files option.
- You have to wait for some time to finish the process. After you see the All Files Successfully Validated, click the Close button.
Launch the game that you want to play and see the issue is fixed or still persists.
- Step 4
Update Device Drivers
Manufacturers regularly release the latest drivers for all hardware devices. If we don’t update and continue to use the older drivers, then we might face various problems.
The applications, including the games, will not run correctly on the PCs. That’s why we have to install the newly released drivers and keep them up-to-date.
You have two options, one is a manual update, and another one is an automatic driver update. To update the drivers manually,
- Select Device Manager after press Windows + X keys on your keyboard.
- Now, select the device that you want to update -> Right-click on it -> Click the Update Driver option.
- By following a few steps, you can complete the driver update process.
- Like this, you have to update all those expired device drivers.
Those who want to update automatically have to install the IObit Driver Booster on their PCs.
- Step 5
Run the BattlEye Installer Manually
If the above methods did not help you in fixing the Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error, then try running the BattlEye Installer manually.
Many users became successful in solving this issue through this method. So, follow the below steps,
- Press Windows + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Navigate to the following path,
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye
- Now, you need to find BE Service directory. In that, double-click the install_BattlEye.bat or install_BattlEye to install BattlEye on your PC.
Launch the game and see the problem is again shown while playing or not.
- Step 6
Update BattlEye Service
Due to bugs included on the BattlEye, we come across this error while playing games on our systems. The only remedy to this problem is updating the BattlEye Service by installing the latest version.
But before going to update BattlEye, you have to update the game as well as verify the game files. Once you complete the update process of BattlEye Service, launch the game and check the error is solved or appears again.
- Step 7
Reinstall BattlEye Service
If none of the above methods workable in solving the Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error, then uninstall & reinstall it freshly.
- If the game is open, then close it.
- Press Windows + R -> Type appwiz.cpl -> Hit Enter.
- You will see all the programs installed on your computer. Select BattlEye and click Uninstall.
- Thus, it uninstalls the BattlEye Service completely from the PC.
- Now, open the folder where you have installed it and remove all those files from the device.
- Also, open the Game folder and delete the BattlEye folder.
- Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator and execute the following command.
sc delete BEservice
- Relaunch the game and check whether the Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error is disappeared or not.
Tips To Avoid Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error
Contact Official Support
From the above paragraphs, users got a clear picture in fixing the Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error on their devices.
Sometimes, all those listed techniques fail to help in solving the issue. In that situation, you can uninstall and reinstall BattlEye Service from its official site.
Even you can check the FAQs listed on BattlEye’s website to know whether there are any new techniques to fix it or not. Finally, you can take assistance from the technical support team of BattlEye.
Fill in the particulars, like Name, Email, and also the issue that you are facing with BattlEye. Once you submit the post, they will instruct you through Email to solve the issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I conclude that the BattlEye is the best way to protect or shield the game from others. It is safe to use on our desktops and other devices.
PUBG, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege, and other top-level games use this BattlEye software. If the error occurs on your computer, then apply the given solutions.
Anyone who has other methods that fix this Failed To Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error can share them with us. Even the users can contact us to clarify their doubts.
We hope that this troubleshooting guide will help many users to overcome this problem on their systems.