PS4 Black Screen
PlayStation 4 is the video game console that allows us to play our favorite games on our computers. But sometimes, the user will see a black screen on the monitor or TV even though the PS4 is running.
If you are facing the PlayStation 4 Black Screen issue, then you no need to worry because there are some techniques that fix the problem.
In this post, the user can get all those workable methods that can solve the PS4 Black Screen error. We connect PlayStation to our TVs or monitor and play games.
Apart from games, the PlayStation supports playing audio CDs and Video CDs. If we load the discs, the game starts loaded into the RAM. Now, we can start playing the games on our PCs if everything is perfect.
Due to some issues, it stops loading the game instead shows a blank or black screen. This is the most annoying situation that can face by many users. All those people can get the best solutions to fix this issue.
Just read the entire post and carefully apply the steps as we mentioned below.
Sony Computer Entertainment developed this PlayStation, which is the best video game console. From PlayStation, we can get the games, related hardware, accessories, etc.
Moreover, we can shop for hardware and discs, digital games and services, and others. You can create a PlayStation account and use it as a wallet to get any subscriptions.
Till now, Sony released different PlayStation brands, such as PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, etc. Some games are compatible with specified consoles.
Particularly coming to the PlayStation 4, the user sees the black screen though the disc is running in the console. The reasons for the occurrence of the PS4 Black Screen issue are:
It might be any one of the reasons for the appearance of the PS4 Black Screen error. What happens when you see the black screen on your screen?
Simply, it does not allow the users to play the games on your computer. You have to fix this PlayStation 4 Black Screen immediately to play without any issues.
Get some knowledge on those problems that are related to this PS4 Black Screen error. You can fix the errors using the provided solutions.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
There are some beginner-level or basic methods that might solve the PS4 Black Screen error. Just execute the steps as we mentioned and check whether the error is disappeared or not.
Check the HDMI Cables
What happens when the HDMI Cables that are using to connect PS4 and Monitor gets damaged? In such a case, the user will black screen on the monitor or TV.
Follow the below steps to check whether the cables are working properly or not.
- First of all, turn on the PlayStation 4.
- Remove the HDMI cable from your monitor or TV.
- In the next step, you have to shut down the TV completely. Remove the power cord and press & hold the power button.
- After a couple of minutes, plug the power cable of the TV and connect the HDMI to the computer monitor or TV.
- Switch on the TV and connect to the correct channel for display in HDMI mode.
Now, you cannot see the black screen anymore on your TV.
Check the HDMI Port
Even the broken or damaged HDMI port cause the PS4 Black Screen error. Usually, the HDMI ports turn damaged easily while connecting or disconnecting the cables from it.
By this, the user will not see anything on the screen except the black screen. Try to connect the HDMI cables to another port and see whether the error is disappeared or not.
Even though you are facing the same issue, then take it to the technician and get the port repaired to resolve the issue.
Check your Monitor or TV
One of the main reasons for showing the black screen is a damaged monitor or TV. In case if there is an issue with your TV, then you will see a black screen.
If you want to know that the problem is with the monitor, connect the video game console to another monitor. Now, see whether the black screen still appears on that newly connected monitor or not.
Suppose the black screen shows on the monitor. Then the reason for this PS4 Black Screen is with some other else.
Verify Video Signals
Due to weak video signals, it will show the black screen on the monitor even though everything is perfect. We have to wait until the signal frequency is improved.
Steps To Fix PS4 Black Screen Issue
The users who can’t fix the problem with the basic techniques can go with the advanced ones. Here are some of the best tricks that resolve the PS4 Black Screen issue.
- Step 1
Restarting PlayStation 4
For any device, let’s say, computers, laptops, and video game consoles, there has a restart option. Whenever we face any problem, we can use this restart button to resolve it.
In this situation also, we recommend the user to restart their PlayStation 4 to fix the black screen issue. For that,
- First, press the power button and hold it for seven seconds or when you hear the beep sound. By this, the console gets turned off entirely.
- Remove the power cable from the console and keep it idle for 30 seconds.
- After that, connect the cable and switch on the PlayStation 4.
- Now, see if it shows the black screen on your monitor or starts the game as usual.
If the PS4 Black Screen still persists, move to the below methods to resolve it.
- Step 2
Power Cycling your PlayStation 4
When we face any computer-related errors, we use the Power Cycling method. Here also, we can use this power cycling trick to disappear the black screen on your monitor.
Power Cycling is a method where the device is shut down completely, including draining all the power that it holds within. By this, we can start the device freshly without any errors. This method also helps in eliminating the bugs in the settings.
Go through the following guidelines to perform power cycling your PS4.
- Press the Power button on your PS4 console and keep it in sleep mode for some time.
- When the lights on the video game console turned off completely, remove the power cable from it.
- Press and hold the power button on your PlayStation 4 to drain the power that is accumulated.
- You have to wait for a couple of minutes and connect the cables back to your console.
- Finally, turn on the PS4 and see the problem is fixed or not.
- Step 3
Turn Off or Disable HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection)
HDCP or High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection is used to protect the digital content from piracies. This HDCP is used with digital video standards, such as HDMI, DVI, etc.
One such reason where you can see the black screen is your monitor is not compatible with HDCP. The video game console will not show any video or audio on your monitor.
In order to resolve this PS4 Black Screen issue, better to disable the HDCP on your console. Though the PS4 troubles with your monitor, it perfectly works with the TV.
- First of all, connect your PS4 to your TV.
- After that, you need to open the Settings.
- Under the System section, find-out the Enable HDCP option.
- By default, the checkbox beside it is checked. To disable it, you need to uncheck it.
- Now, unplug the PS4 from the TV and connect it to the monitor. Thus, it works correctly without showing any black screens.
- Step 4
Modify the Resolution in Safe Mode
If the above methods I listed didn’t help you, then changing the resolution in Safe Mode will fix the problem.
Safe Mode runs the device with limited features and helps in performing advanced diagnostics. It also helps the user in updating the firmware, resetting the databases, and others.
Whenever your PS4 shows a black screen while turning it on in normal mode, you can boot it in the safe mode. After entering the safe mode, change the resolution.
- On the front-side of your PlayStation 4, you will see the power button, so press it.
- Now, again press and hold the power button until you hear two beep sounds.
- In the next step, connect the PS4 controller using a USB cable.
- Press the button on the controller to enter into the safe mode.
- Select the change resolution option listed in the second place.
- Thus, the PlayStation 4 will get restarted and allows you to select the resolution that it supports.
- Step 5
Replace your PlayStation 4
Even after applying the above methods you see the same black screen, the problem might with any other components of your console.
If you face this problem after repairing the PS4, it is better to replace it with a new one. Is your PlayStation 4 still having a warranty? Then visit the vendor or Sony’s Customer Service Center to replace it.
Tips To Avoid PS4 Black Screen
Contact Official Support
The PlayStation 4 users who engaged with this black screen issue can solve it by applying the best fix from the above section. In most cases, the players can resolve the problem with the given solutions.
If you still see the black screen even after applying the methods, then the best way to get rid of this issue is to visit the nearest computer peripheral repair center.
Still, the Black Screen appears on your computer monitor or TV? Then we recommend you browse the official PlayStation forums and communities.
In the final case, you can contact the support team of PlayStation by logging into your account. You need to provide full information about your issue and get help from the experts.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, millions of users purchase Sony’s video game consoles to play their favorite games. Using PlayStation 4, we can load any number of games by inserting the discs.
Due to some user’s mistakes and other reasons mentioned above, we see a black screen on the monitor. You no need to panic because the methods I listed in this post will make the black screen disappear.
If anyone cracks the problem with a different technique, then share it with us to help others to fix it. You can contact us with your particulars to ask queries regarding any technical issue.