Game Security Violation Detected Apex Legends
Nowadays, errors are common while playing video games on our Windows PCs or consoles. Many gamers are requesting to resolve one of the most irritating errors, Game Security Violation Detected Apex Legends.
When you are trying to start/launch the Apex Legends game, this error is displayed on your desktop screen. The Anti-Cheat System plays a crucial role in finding any faults with your game files. If it finds any such issues, then it will simply throw the error message.
There are many other reasons for causing this Game Security Violation Detected issue, such as antivirus software, firewall, expired game version, etc.
For more details, you have to read this post until the end. And we strongly say that by reaching the last technique, you will surely fix this issue.
Respawn Entertainment has developed this stunning Apex Legends for Windows and other platform users. It is one of the best battle-oriented video games.
As Apex Legends is free to download, we can get it on our PCs from Steam Client. You can visit the official website of Steam and download it on your Windows 10.
The prerequisites for setting up this battle royale game are providing the minimum system requirements on our desktops. The processors, graphics card, Windows version, and others must fulfill the game specifications.
Several players prefer to play Apex Legends on their desktop computers compared to video game consoles (PS4, PS5, and Xbox One).
But there are some instances where the Apex Legends gamers encounter problems while launching it. Instead of starting the game when we click the play button, it shows an error message stating, Game Security Violation Detected (#0000000D).
The Easy Anti-Cheat System issues this error pop-up window when it finds any problems in the game files. Want to know why this Game Security Violation Detected Apex Legends issue occurs? Then read the below steps.
Now, follow the below sections to know how to resolve this issue on your Windows computer.
Following are the errors that you might see while playing Apex Legends on your Windows PC. If you face any such issues, fix them with the given tips.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
We are providing a few basic tricks that are indulged in fixing the Game Security Violation Detected Apex Legends error.
Log Out & Re-Login to your Steam Client
One of the simplest methods that can resolve this Apex Legends issue is to re-login to your Steam account. Let us follow the below guidelines.
- Go to your Steam Profile or Settings and choose Log out or Sign out option.
- Thus, it completely signs you out from your Steam account.
- After that, open the login page of your client. Enter the correct credentials like Username and Password.
Once you re-login to your account, try to launch Apex Legends on your PC. See if it shows the same error message or not.
Disable Antivirus and Firewall
The major drawback of antivirus or firewall is restricting the applications to run on your computer. In this situation, you have to disable the security suites to launch the Apex Legends without any trouble.
In case if you are using BullGuard Antivirus, then there is no need to disable it because it includes the Gamer Mode. You can enable the gamer mode so that the antivirus will temporarily be turned off.
But when it comes to the firewall, you have to disable it completely on your Windows 10. For that,
- Press Windows logo -> Type control panel -> Click the rightly-matched results.
- Open the Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the left side, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off.
- Under the Private and Public Network Settings, enable the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall option.
Now, check whether you can start and play the Apex Legends game without these violations or not.
Close Unnecessary Programs
Are you running unknown and useless programs on your PC? Then some of them might conflict with the Apex Legends. If that happens, then this Game Security Violation Detected error occurs.
To overcome this problem, you need to kill those processes. And for that, follow the below guidelines.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc key.
- Under the Processes tab, locate those apps that you don’t want to run on your PC.
- Right-click on that app -> Click End Task.
- After closing all those applications, relaunch the game and see the error still occurs or not.
Steps To Fix Game Security Violation Detected Apex Legends Issue
Not all the time, the Game Security Violation Detected Apex Legends can fix with the basic steps. That’s the reason why we have included the advanced troubleshooting methods section. You can apply these steps to get rid of the issue completely.
- Step 1
Uninstall or Disable RGB Application
For RGB customization features, we install the related softwares on our desktops. Motherboards, graphics cards, and other hardware components need these kinds of RGB applications.
But the drawback of this app is restricting the Apex Legends game on the PCs. Therefore, to play the game on your computer, you need to terminate the RGB-related apps.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Now, in the Processes tab, check out the LightingServices.exe file.
- Right-click on it and choose the End Task option.
- By this, the process will be completely killed on your Windows 10.
Now, relaunch the Apex Legends and check the error is displayed with a pop-up or not.
- Step 2
Install the Latest GPU Card Drivers
If the above method failed to fix the issue, check your GPU card drivers. Update the display adapters to resolve the Game Security Violation Detected Apex Legends issue.
- Press Windows + X and click Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters -> Choose the Graphics Card -> Right-click on it -> Click Update Driver option.
The graphics card driver update process begins and ends within seconds. After upgrading, launch the game and play it without any issues.
Note: IObit Driver Booster can perform the driver update process automatically from the official manufacturer website.
- Step 3
Run SFC & DISM Scan
Some users have also confirmed that the corrupted Windows system files can cause this issue. So, better to run the System File Checker (SFC) and DISM on your PC.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the sfc /scannow command and press Enter.
- It starts checking for the corrupted system files and repairs them quickly, but you have to wait for a while to finish the task.
After that, run the DISM scan using the below steps.
- Open the Command Prompt with Admin Privileges and execute the following command.
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Finally, reboot your Windows PC and relaunch the game to see the issue is fixed or not.
- Step 4
Run Apex Legends as Administrator
Lack of app permissions also results in many problems. One such is Game Security Violation Detected while trying to launch Apex Legends.
To fix this issue, you have to run Apex Legends with an Administrator account.
- Go to the installation folder where the .exe file of Apex Legends is stored.
- Right-click the executable file and click the Properties.
- Come to the Compatibility tab and enable the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click the Apply and OK to confirm the changes.
If you are launching the Apex Legends through Steam Client, then
- Go to your Desktop -> Right-click the Steam Client icon -> Click Run as Administrator.
- If the User Account Control pops up, then click the Yes button to continue.
- Step 5
Update Windows OS
A few users who faced the Game Security Violation Detected Apex Legends are fixed it after the Windows update. It means the older versions of Windows can also result in this issue.
So, you have to keep your Windows Operating System up-to-date whenever the latest patches are released by the manufacturer (Microsoft).
- Press Windows + I -> Click Update & Security.
- Under Windows Update tab, click Check for Updates.
- It automatically searches for the newer patches and installs them from the Microsoft site.
- Step 6
Install the Latest Game Patches
Respawn Entertainment always comes up with the latest features. We must install these latest patches in order to acquire new features and to fix the security issues.
Sometimes, the negligence of not updating the game can cause many errors, such as Game Security Violation Detected. Therefore, go to the official website of Apex Legends and install the latest version.
Thus, you will not face any kind of error message while trying to launch it on your PC.
Tips To Avoid Game Security Violation Detected Apex Legends
Contact Official Support
Still, are you facing this Game Security Violation Detected while trying to start Apex Legends? Then uninstall and reinstall the game app on your Windows computer.
Many users have reported that have resolved this issue after freshly reinstalling the game on their PCs. Even after doing that you will see the pop-up window with the error message, then you need to visit the forums related to Apex Legends.
In addition to that, the user can refer to Steam forums to find out any other technique that can fix it. If none of the ways help you, then simply contact the customer support team of Apex Legends.
Final Words: Conclusion
In my final thoughts, I can say that Apex Legends is such a battle royale video game that we can get for free of cost. Earlier, we discussed many issues encountered while launching or playing the game.
Now, you got enough experience in resolving the Game Security Violation Detected on your PC. We hope that one or more solutions given above will definitely fix the problem.
If the readers of this post contain any other techniques, then share them with our people to help many gamers. For any questions on this guide, you can contact us at any time by leaving a message.