Crusader Kings 2 is a wonderful strategy video game for Windows 10 users. If Crusader Kings 2 is not launching on your computer, this article is for you.
Like many other games, you also face issues with the Crusader Kings 2 game. But you no need to worry at all because there are many ways to troubleshoot it.
Paradox Development Studio developed this Crusader Kings 2 game. You can play this video game on your Windows, macOS, Linux, and Classic Mac OS systems.
There are some people who face problems while trying to launch Crusader Kings 2. It will not start even after pressing the play button.
It might be due to the lack of admin rights, corrupted game files, expired display drivers, and others. For more information, read this article until the end.
Problem Overview: Crusader Kings 2 Won’t Launch
Steam offers the top-best and the newly released video games. You can find all your favorite games on Steam Store. Users who are interested in playing strategy games can purchase this Crusader Kings 2 game.
Paradox Development Studio architectured this Crusader Kings 2 game and published it by Paradox Interactive. The game is all about exploring the world in specific periods (between 1066 and 1337, and gameplay ends around 1453).
It does not require high-end configurations, so anyone can download and install this Crusader Kings 2 on their PCs. But what if the game stops launching when you want to play it.
Yes, many users have complained that Crusader Kings 2 Not Launching issue. It could be due to several reasons, such as:
Now, move to the following sections and get to know the solutions that launch the Crusader Kings 2 game without any issues.
Related Problems: Crusader Kings 2 Won’t Launch
The users who want to know the errors that are similar to this Crusader Kings 2 Won’t Launch are given in this section.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Crusader Kings 2 Won’t Launch
Let’s begin with the basic methods in order to resolve the Crusader Kings 2 Won’t Launch issue on your Windows 10.
Restart your PC and Crusader Kings 2
Remember one thing! Whichever problem you come across on your Windows, just reboot the PC. In most cases, restarting the computer is the best technique to get rid of several problems.
So, close all the programs, including Crusader Kings 2 game. After that, reboot your Windows 10. Now, relaunch Crusader Kings 2 and check the issue is fixed or not.
Run Crusader Kings 2 with Admin Rights
Crusader Kings 2 needs admin permissions to use all its features. If you forgot to launch it as an administrator, then you face these kinds of issues. So, follow the below procedure to run CK2 with admin rights.
- Double-click on the This PC folder -> Go to the directory where you have installed Crusader Kings 2 game.
- Locate the executable file of CK2 and right-click on it -> Select Properties from the context menu.
- Now, choose the Compatibility tab -> Check the checkbox of Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click Ok to save the changes.
If Crusader Kings 2 is not launching again, then move to the following section to fix it.
Steps To Fix Crusader Kings 2 Won’t Launch Issue
Don’t wait a minute, let’s get into the advanced mechanisms that will help you in launching the CK2 game error-freely.
- Step 1
Validate the Game Files
One of the major reasons for this problem is bad game files. The best solution to fix it is validating the game files via Steam Client. For that, you need to execute the below lines.
- On your desktop, double-click the Steam shortcut to launch it on your PC.
- Log in to your account by providing the correct details, such as username and password.
- Now, go to the Library and search for the Crusader Kings 2 game.
- After that, right-click on the CK2 and select Properties.
- In the next step, you need to step towards the Local Files tab and then tap on the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
- Thus, it starts checking for the corrupted files and fixes them.
Check the Crusader Kings 2 game is launching or still shows the same issue.
- Step 2
Upgrade Video Drivers
Keeping the latest video drivers is mandatory to avoid the occurrence of these problems. If you’re running the older ones, then your Windows PC can’t launch any graphics-related apps and games.
Therefore, you must update the GPU drivers either manually or automatically. If you want to upgrade all the device drivers with one mouse click, then going with the automatic one is the best idea.
Just you have to install the best driver updater, such as IObit Driver Booster, and update them all by clicking on the Update All button.
If you want to update individually, then go with the manual process as shown below.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adapters -> Right-click the GPU Card (Intel or AMD) -> Click Update Driver.
- Now, go on with the steps displayed on your computer screen to complete this update process.
After updating the display drivers, relaunch CK2 to test the error is fixed.
- Step 3
Update Windows 10
Have you installed all the latest releases of Microsoft Windows 10? If your answer is no, then do it now to fix this Crusader Kings 2 Won’t Launch issue.
Due to bugs that possess in older versions of Windows, some applications and games will not start/respond on your PC. So, check for the latest updates and install them immediately.
- Press Windows + I -> Click Update & Security.
- Stay in the Windows Update tab, click Check for Updates.
- If there are really any such new updates, then it will automatically get them onto your PC.
Once you finish the Windows Update process, check the game is launching hassle-freely or not.
- Step 4
Disable Antivirus & Windows Firewall
Whichever antivirus software you use, like BullGuard Antivirus, Kaspersky Antivirus, and Avast Antivirus, all these apps will cause problems at least once while gaming on your PC.
Either it stops the game from launching or crashes the game in the middle of gameplay. In this situation, you have to turn off your antivirus while playing the games.
Once you finish your game, re-enable it again to protect your PC. So, to launch the CK2, disable the antivirus on your Windows 10.
After that, check the game is launching or shows the same issue. If the problem continues, then it is not your antivirus fault, so re-enable it.
Like this, check with your Windows Firewall by disabling it on your device. If you could not solve the issue, then use the below steps.
- Step 5
Turn Off Full-Screen Optimizations
According to some users, disabling the full-screen optimizations is also one of the finest solutions to fix the Crusader Kings 2 Won’t Launch error. To do so,
- Right-click the .exe file of CK2 -> Click Properties.
- Now, navigate to the Compatibility tab -> Check the checkbox of Disable full-screen optimizations option.
- Save and exit the window.
Relaunch Crusader Kings 2 in order to know whether it is launching perfectly or not.
- Step 6
Clean Reinstall CK2
The final method left to you, which is also the best technique to fix the issue, is uninstalling and reinstalling Crusader Kings 2 game.
- Press Windows + R -> Type appwiz.cpl -> Click OK.
- Select Crusader Kings 2 from the list -> Click Uninstall.
- Now, open the installation folder of CK2 and remove all the files and folders related to it.
- In the next step, download the CK2 from Steam or the official site and start installing it freshly on your Windows 10.
Once you finish the reinstallation process, launch the game. We hope that you will not see any problems while launching it.
Tips To Avoid Crusader Kings 2 Won’t Launch
Contact Official Support
Most users have resolved the Crusader Kings 2 Not Launching issue before entering into this section. If you’re browsing this part, the game is still not starting on your Windows 10.
In such a case, you have a few other ways. One such is checking out the Steam Community. Steam Community is one of the largest communities, so you can find some useful instructions to fix this issue.
Like this, there are other popular forums, such as Reddit, the official forum of Paradox Interactive, etc. If you’re fed up with this issue after trying these many ways, directly contact the Help Center of Paradox Interactive.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I conclude that game lovers who are fond of playing Crusader Kings 2 can try out the above methods to fix this issue.
According to us, the given tips and tricks are the best ones, and many gamers have proved that they have successfully fixed the issue.
If you have any other techniques, don’t hesitate to share them with us. Do you come across any troubles while applying the steps?
Then use the comment section given below to post your queries. Finally, tap on the subscribe button to get the latest notifications on various technical issues.