Last updated on February 11th, 2021 at 12:38 pm
PS4 Error SU-30746-0
Most of the PlayStation 4 users are troubling with error code SU-30746-0. If you see the PS4 Error SU-30746-0 on your screen, then follow the techniques given in this post.
PlayStation 4 users are repeatedly facing this SU-30746-0 error whenever they boot their video game console. When this problem occurs on their screen, it will not allow the user to do anything.
The developers of Sony Computer Entertainment manufactured this PlayStation 4 as one of the best video game consoles. By connecting it to our monitors or TVs, we can able to play our favorite games.
In addition to the games, it allows us to insert audio and video discs to play them on our screens. But it shows the PS4 Error SU-30746-0 due to some reasons listed in the below sections.
Whatever it may be, you can resolve it through the methods I provided in this post. Just read and understand the guidelines and execute them to overcome the issue.
The users use PlayStation 4 for playing music, videos, and thrilling games by inserting the discs. You can purchase the best selling games from the official PlayStation site.
According to the research we did, several users encounter problems while trying to start or boot the PlayStation. It shows the error code SU-30746-0 on the monitor screen.
There are many reasons for the occurrence of PS4 Error SU-30746-0 on your monitor/TV. They are:
While booting the PlayStation 4, if it does not detect any latest version, the screen turns black and shows the error code SU-30746-0.
Along with that PS4 Error SU-30746-0, it simply provides the OK button to exit from the black screen. The PlayStation will not allow the user to work like playing the games.
In order to make your console run properly, you have to fix the issue using the below basic and advanced methods.
In this section, you will get in touch with all those problems that are related to PS4 Error SU-30746-0. Follow the below instructions and solve the issues using the provided tips.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
There are some basic troubleshooting methods that can make the PS4 Error SU-30746-0 issue disappear. Take a look at the guidelines listed below and apply them carefully.
Power Cycle your PS4
One of the basic troubleshooting tricks that you have to do to fix the issue is power-cycling the PS4. It makes the console to terminate fully without leaving any power on it.
In some cases, most users had resolved the PS4 Error SU-30746-0 problem through this technique. Want to know how to power-cycle the PlayStation 4? Then go through the below steps.
- First of all, press the power button located on your PlayStation 4. Leave it like that for a couple of minutes.
- After that, unplug the power cables that are connected to your PS4.
- Now, you have to press the power button and hold it to drain the entire power that it is occupied.
- After some time, plug the disconnected power cables into your PlayStation 4.
- In the next step, start the PS4. Now, check the SU-30746-0 error is resolved or not.
Restart the PS4 in Safe Mode
According to our studies, a good number of people have resolved the SU-30746-0 error code by restarting the PS4 via Safe Mode.
If you want to reboot your PlayStation 4 via Safe Mode, then do the following steps.
- Terminate the console entirely and keep it aside for at least one minute.
- Now, press the power button and hold it until you hear the beep sound twice.
- In the next step, connect your controller to the console via a USB Cable. After that, you need to press the PlayStation button to pair/connect the controller.
- If the pairing between the controller and console is successful, then reboot the PS4.
- Finally, hit the X on your controller to restart your PlayStation via Safe Mode.
Thus, you will not see any error code on your screen. If the PS4 Error SU-30746-0 appears, then move to the advanced methods in the below section.
Steps To Fix PS4 Error SU-30746-0 Issue
Since the PS4 Error SU-30746-0 is not a simple issue, the user might not fix it with the basic techniques. That’s the reason why apply the advanced methods to completely get rid of the problem.
- Step 1
Update PS4 through Safe Mode
The main reason for showing the black screen with the error code PS4 Error SU-30746-0 is using older versions. We are providing the best fix to remove this error that is updating the PS4 to the latest version via Safe Mode.
It is one of the easiest and quickest methods to solve the issue. And you will not face any data or app loss by following this method. Execute the below steps to avoid any further mistakes.
- In the first step, power off the PlayStation 4 completely.
- After that, click here to download the latest firmware of your PS4.
- Choose any removable drive like Pen Drive or External Hard Drive to save the downloaded file.
- Now, press & hold the power button till you hear two beep sounds.
- The moment it restarts in the Safe Mode, you have to connect the controller to the PS4 via the USB cable.
- In order to pair both these devices, you need to press the PS button.
- You need to go to the Update System Software and hit the X button on the controller to choose the option.
- The users who are using an Ethernet connection have to choose the Update Using Internet option. Or else connect the removable drive that has downloaded firmware and choose the Update from USB Storage Device option.
- Finally, once the process gets completed, reboot your video game console. You will not see this SU-30746-0 error code anymore.
- Step 2
Restore PlayStation 4 Settings to the Default via Safe Mode
If you see this PS4 Error SU-30746-0 after modifying the settings, then you need to restore the default settings. Yes, the users reported that they resolved this issue by reverting back the settings to the default ones.
But to restore your PS4 settings in this situation, you need to boot the console in Safe Mode. By entering into the Safe Mode, we can restore the settings to the default.
Go through the steps I listed below to complete the process successfully.
- At first, terminate your PlayStation 4.
- Now, press the power button on your console and keep it until you hear the beep sounds twice.
- Thus, the PS4 boots into the Safe Mode. After that, establish a connection between the controller and PS4 using a USB cable.
- Now, pair the devices by pressing the PS button.
- In the next step, you will see a list of options. And from that, identify the Restore Default Settings option and select it.
- Now, click the Yes with the X button. By this, it restores the default settings, and automatically the error code is fixed.
- Step 3
Initialize PS4 via Safe Mode
If you scroll down to this method, then it means the above ones have not solved the PS4 Error SU-30746-0 issue. The final and the best technique to get rid of this problem is reinitializing your PlayStation 4.
Compare to the above tricks, it is the most efficient one. But it leads to the loss of your data. Also, it reinstalls your System Software. That’s why go with this method only when you have no other way. Here are the guidelines to reinitialize your PS4.
- In the first step, you have to shut down the video game console and leave it for a minute or two.
- Press the power button and hold it. When you hear the beep sounds two times, leave the power button.
- Connect the PS4 controller to the system via USB cable.
- After that, press the PlayStation button to pair them.
- In the main dashboard of the Safe Mode menu, choose the Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) option.
- Click the Yes button to confirm and press the X button.
- Finally, restart your console. Thus, the PS4 Error SU-30746-0 will not appear on your screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Let us discuss the most frequently asked questions in this section.
How Do You Fix a PS4 Update Error?
In order to fix the PS4 Update Error, you need to use the below methods.
- Update your System Software via Safe Mode.
- Restore the PlayStation 4 settings to the default ones.
- Reinitialize your PS4.
What Do I Do If my PS4 Won’t Initialize?
If you want to fix the problem, you need to purchase a brand new hard drive and replace it with the older one. After that, you need to download and install the latest system software on it. By doing so, your PlayStation 4 starts without any issues.
Tips To Avoid PS4 Error SU-30746-0:
Contact Official Support:
The PlayStation 4 users who come across the error code SU-30746-0 can get rid of it by using either basic or advanced methods.
If you can’t solve the problem with all those techniques I provided, you need to browse the official forums where the experts discuss these kinds of errors.
We hope that you will get the perfect solution to fix the PS4 Error SU-30746-0 issue. Still, the error code is appearing on your screen? Then contact the PlayStation 4 customer support team.
When they contact you, provide the full information about the issue you are facing and get the required solution to remove it.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, I would like to say that the PlayStation 4 is a wonderful console where the user can play their favorite games. The game lovers get frustrated when they can’t boot the console correctly.
In such a situation, we help you through our blog by offering the best troubleshooting methods. If you are a technical expert and resolve the issue with any other trick, then send it via this technical guide.
Want to fix some other gaming-related issues? Then go through our blog to browse the frequently occurring error codes, along with workable fixes to resolve them.
Hopefully, you got enough information about the error code you are currently facing on your gaming console. Share the post by leaving a message in the below comment box.