Didn’t you see your Origin friends when they are online? Are you facing Origin Friends Offline issues with several top-selling games? Then you have landed on the right article.
When users are trying to play games like Battlefield 1 or Apex Legends, or others, they can’t see their friends online. Even though they are online, it shows that they are in offline mode.
By this, you can join your friends or invite your friends to play the game together. Some say this problem arises due to internet connection problems, and others say it’s because of your firewall & antivirus.
To get in detail about this Origin Friends Offline error, you better have to read the coming paragraphs.
Origin Friends Offline: Problem Overview
Origin is the one-stop solution to get all our favorite and top-selling video games. We can search the games on its store, purchase them, and download them on our desktops.
Origin Launcher allows gamers to launch the games on the systems. Electronic Arts developed Origin with a simple and easy-to-use user interface.
Whether it is a single-player or multiplayer game, we can open it through the Origin Launcher. In some video games like Apex Legends and Battlefield, we have to invite our friends to start the gameplay.
A few game lovers are seeing a frustrating issue when they try to add friends. When your friend informs that they are online, you can’t see them in the list. All they are listed as offline, and thus, you cannot add them.
Even they see you offline though you are online. In this situation, you can’t move forward and play the game on your PC. The only thing that you can do to play it is fixing the Origin Friends Offline issue.
The following are the main causes of this showing your Origin friends offline.
Check on which basis you are facing this problem on your PC and apply a suitable solution to fix it.
Origin Friends Offline: Related Problems
In this section, you can get to know some error messages that are related to Origin Friend Offline issue.
Origin Friends Offline: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Start using the basic steps to resolve the Origin Friends Offline issue on your Windows PC.
Restart your Windows PC
In the earlier post, we already said that rebooting the computer is the best mechanism to resolve Windows PC issues. Keep your doubts aside and try restarting your device whenever you see your Origin Friends Offline.
After your system start, launch Origin and check whether the Origin Friends who are online are visible or not.
Relaunch Origin Client
If the friends are showing offline, then sign out and sign in to your Origin account. Follow the guidelines as we mentioned below.
- First of all, log out from your Origin account.
- After that, right-click on the empty area of Taskbar -> Select Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab, right-click the Origin Process and click End Task.
- You have to close all other Origin Processes running on your Windows 10.
- Now, relaunch Origin and sign in to your account by providing the login credentials (username and password).
Check the Origin Friends Offline error is disappeared or still persists on your computer.
Steps To Fix Origin Friends Offline Issue
Don’t worry! We have come up with some advanced tips that will solve the Origin Friends Offline on your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 1
Hard Reset your Router/Modem
Due to some internet connection faults, you might be seeing your Origin Friends Offline. With a simple reset of your router and modem, you can resolve this problem.
- Remove the power cables from both your modem and router.
- After that, keep the devices idle for about 30 seconds.
- At first, connect the power cable back to your modem. If it does not turn on, then press the power button.
- Check the time and connect the cable to your router after 60 seconds.
- Wait at least 2 minutes to boot up your router perfectly.
- Once the router & modem restart successfully, check the Origin Friends Offline issue is fixed or not.
- Step 2
Run Origin in Admin Mode
Running Origin with the Administrator account might help you in seeing your Origin friends online. Why are waiting? Use the given instructions to launch Origin as administrator.
- Go to the Origin Client desktop shortcut -> Right-click on it and click Properties.
- In the Origin’s Properties window, select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box beside Run this program as an administrator option.
- Save the modifications by hitting the OK and Apply buttons.
Now, double-click the Origin icon and run your favorite game like Battlefield and see whether you can see your friends online or not. If you see them online, then add them and start playing the game on your PC.
- Step 3
Disable Antivirus Software Temporarily
Regardless of which antivirus software you are using on your Windows PC, you have to turn it off when you see this issue.
Whether it is a Kaspersky Antivirus, Avast Antivirus, or BullGuard Antivirus, you have to disable your security software to view Origin friends online and add them successfully to play the game.
- If you are using BullGuard Antivirus, launch it on your Windows PC.
- After that, open the Settings and select the Antivirus tab.
- Now, click the Turn Off Antivirus Protection option to disable it completely.
If the Origin Friends Offline is not fixed, then you can re-enable your antivirus to secure your computer.
- Step 4
Turn Off Windows Firewall
Is Windows Firewall enabled on your Windows PC? Then turn off the Windows Defender Firewall to add friends to your game while gaming on Origin Launcher.
Since many Origin users suggested this tip, we advise you to follow the below steps to disable the firewall on your computer.
- Press Windows logo -> Type Control in the Cortana search console -> Select Control Panel from the results.
- Navigate to the System and Security -> Click Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the left panel, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off.
- It will show the related settings on the right panel. Enable Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended) in Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings.
- Finally, click the Save button to save the changes on your PC.
After everything is done as mentioned above, relaunch Origin Client and check the Origin Friends Offline is fixed.
- Step 5
Repair Corrupted Origin Files
Sometimes, the corrupted game files also cause this Origin Friends Offline issue. So, repair those corrupted game files to fix this error.
- Launch Origin and log in to your account.
- After that, go to the My Game Library section.
- Locate the game and right-click on it -> Select Repair Game option.
- Thus, it starts scanning the game files and repairs the corrupted files whenever it detects them.
After completing the verification process, launch the game and try to find your friends online and add them.
- Step 6
Haven’t you upgrade Origin Client with the newer edition? Don’t be careless if you want to play the games error-freely. Before facing any other issues, start updating Origin on your Windows PC.
Open the official site of Electronic Arts and install the latest Origin updates on your device. Along with that, check the game that you want to play is up-to-date or not. If it is expired, then use the latest game version by updating it.
- Step 7
Clean Install Origin Client
Are you frustrated with this Origin Friends Offline issue after trying these many methods? Don’t worry! You have the last option that is reinstalling Origin on your computer.
Uninstall the previously installed Origin Client and reinstall it freshly to fix this problem.
- Close all the Origin processes running on your Windows 10 from the Task Manager.
- Press Windows + R -> Type appwiz.cpl -> Hit Enter.
- Select Origin Client from the list of applications and click Uninstall.
- Open the installation folder where you have to install Origin previously and remove the files and folders completely.
- Go to the official website of Origin and download it on your system.
Follow the on-screen steps and finish the installation process of Origin. Now, log in to your Origin account and launch the video game that you want to play. Check the friends who are online and start adding them to play the game with them.
Tips To Avoid Origin Friends Offline
Contact Official Support
One or other method in this guide will fix the Origin Friends Offline issue. At last, reinstalling Origin can solve the problem and allows you to add your friends online.
Though the majority of gamers find their solution and fixed it, a few of them are still in that situation. For them, Electronic Arts (EA) forums are the best option.
Experts or users who already faced this issue provide their fixes in these forums. You can find the best alternative other than our tips and get rid of this error.
If you can’t find any such tips, then contact the Origin Help Desk for their assistance in fixing it.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, millions of users worldwide use Origin as their default game launcher. That’s why we quickly responded to this Origin Friends Offline issue and offered the best solutions.
Have you solved the problem with your own tricks? Then share those instructions with us to help other Origin gamers. We have clearly explained each step in detail. In case if you find any trouble while executing them, then contact us at any time.
If you are facing any other technical issues on your PC while gaming, then feel free to ask for help. We provide easy and quick fixes to all the PC and Gaming issues.