Last updated on February 13th, 2021 at 02:15 pm
Steam Error Code 105
Do you see Steam Error Code 105 on your Windows computer? Want to rectify this error to use Steam without any issues? Then you came to the right place.
Here, in this post, we offer those workable techniques that resolve the Steam Error Code 105. Just you have to execute the steps as we mentioned in the below sections.
Steam is one of the most-used Digital Video Game Distribution platforms. Valve Corporation developed this Steam in the year 2003. Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux users can install Steam on their PCs.
Game lovers can get their favorite and best-selling games from Steam. You can create a Steam account and purchase the games to play them on your computers.
It automatically updates the games and also offers the games from different third-party developers. You can browse the games by genre, such as racing, action, adventure, RPG, sports, etc.
Though it benefits the gamers a lot, it troubles them by displaying the error codes. One such issue that we encounter is Steam Error Code 105.
That’s why we came here to provide the best troubleshooting methods to fix it as soon as possible. Read the following paragraphs to get more info about it.
Steam allows gamers to download and install different kinds of games. Whenever a new game is released, it includes that in the Steam Library.
Almost all the top-selling games are available on Steam. Though they are many benefits, the user will face issues while using this Digital Video Game Platform.
Here we came up with up to discuss one such issue that is Steam Error Code 105. Several users are reported that they face this problem on their PCs. We got many requests on how to resolve this issue.
You can get the basic as well as advanced methods to fix the Steam Error Code 105. Before going further, know why this issue is displayed on your screen. The reasons for causing this problem are as follows:
It might be one or more reasons for displaying error code on your computer. Go through the below paragraphs to get in touch with the best methods that solve this issue.
Apart from Error Code 105, you may encounter some other errors while dealing with Steam. In this section, we will let you know some of those error codes, along with the best fixes to resolve them.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps:
The basic troubleshooting methods that will help you in fixing the Steam Error Code 105 are as follows. Execute the steps carefully to get rid of this issue.
Restart your Router
The major reason for showing Steam Error Code 105 is an unstable or slow internet connection. If there are any internet fluctuations, then it can’t open the web-related apps faster.
Most of the time, the user can solve it by reinitializing routers/modems. For restarting or power cycling the router, you need to execute the below guidelines.
- Remove the power cable of your internet router from the supply unit (plug).
- You need to wait for at least five minutes. After that, plug in the power cable.
- Now, wait until it grants internet access. Finally, open the Steam app and see the error code is disappeared or not.
Check The Steam Servers
Whenever Steam shows any error codes on your screen, immediately check whether its servers are working or not. Sometimes, due to internal issues or network problems, the servers are temporarily down.
In such a situation, you have to wait until the servers are active fully. If there is no issue with the Steam servers, then move to the below methods to resolve the issue.
Restart Steam App & PC
We recommend the gamers to restart Steam on their Windows PCs. Yes, when you are facing troubles with any application, closing and re-launching it might resolve the issue.
That’s why close the Steam app by pressing the X icon. After that, you need to reboot your computer. Once the system gets restarted, launch the Steam app. We hope that you will not see any error codes on your screen.
In case if the Steam Error Code 105 still occurring, then scroll down to the advanced methods given below.
Steps To Fix Steam Error Code 105 Issue
Though the Steam Error Code 105 is a common issue, it can’t be fixed through the basic troubleshooting tricks. That’s why we are here to offer the advanced techniques in this section.
- Step 1
Disable AdBlocker Extension
Are you using the AdBlocker extension on your web browser? If so, then it is the main reason for showing Steam Error Code 105. AdBlocker helps in detecting and blocking unwanted advertisements to increase the loading speed. At the same time, it enhances the browsing experience.
But when you install the AdBlocker extension on Browser, you might see this error code. That’s why you have to disable AdBlocker Add-on from your browser. To disable it on your Chrome browser, you can use the below steps.
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer.
- Go to the top-right corner and click the three-dots (Customize and Control Google Chrome).
- From the menu, click the More Tools and navigate to the Extensions.
- A window is displayed on your browser with all those add-ons installed.
- Locate the AdBlocker extension and click the toggle button.
- After disabling the AdBlocker, open Steam and see the error is resolved or not.
- Step 2
Uninstall the AdBlocker Application
In the above method, we said that the AdBlocker will lead to the occurrence of Steam Error Code 105. That’s why we suggest you to disable the AdBlocker extension from your browser.
In case if you are using an AdBlocker application on your Windows PC, then you have to uninstall it to resolve this issue.
- Press the Windows logo on your keyboard and type Control Panel.
- Now, select the best-matched one from the results.
- The Control Panel window is displayed on your screen.
- In the next step, you have to click the Uninstall a Program placed under the Programs section.
- Select the AdBlocker App installed on your PC and click the Uninstall option.
- Thus, it completely removes the applications from your Windows computer.
Now, launch the Steam app on your PC. If you still see the Error Code 105, then apply the following techniques.
- Step 3
Adjust the DNS Settings
If there are any issues with the DNS, then Steam will simply show the Error Code 105. Using the high-speed DNS solves all these types of problems. So, to modify the DNS values, go through the following steps.
- Press Windows + R – Type ncpa.cpl -> Hit Enter.
- Now, the Network Connection window appears on your Windows screen.
- Select the internet connection you are currently using.
- Right-click on it and click the Properties.
- It opens your Internet Connection Properties wizard. Now, you need to select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button.
- Check the Use the Following DNS Server Addresses box to enable it.
- After that, type the following in the respective fields.
- Preferred DNS Server – 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS Server – 184.108.40.206
- Click the OK in the IPv4 Properties window. Next, click the OK button in the Internet Connection window.
Now, open the Steam app and see the Error Code 105 disappears.
- Step 4
If you can’t fix the Steam Error Code 105 by changing the DNS settings, then flushing the DNS might help you. Check-out the below guidelines to flush the DNS.
- Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now, the Command Prompt opens with the Administrator privileges.
- Type the following command and press Enter to execute it.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /flushdns
- Wait until the process gets finished. After completing, it shows Successfully Configured the DNS Resolver Cache.
- Close the Command Prompt and run the Steam app.
- Step 5
Clear Steam’s Browser Cache
If none of the methods I listed above solve the Steam Error Code 105, then it might be due to Steam’s Browser cache. Several users who face this issue are fixed by simply deleting the browser cache,
So, try out this method by executing the below steps.
- Launch Steam on your Windows computer.
- You will find Steam at the top-left corner, so click on it.
- Now, from the Steam Menu, you have to select the Settings.
- It navigates to the Settings page. In the left-side pane, click the Web Browser.
- Come to the right-side pane and click the Delete Web Browser Cache option. To confirm the deletion process, click the OK button.
- After that, click the Delete All Browser Cookies option. Again click the OK button to confirm.
- Finally, close the Steam app and re-launch it. Check the Steam Error Code 105 is resolved or not.
- Step 6
Update Steam Application
If you are using an outdated Steam app, then you will face various issues, including Error Code 105. The bugs or security issues will cause this error. Therefore, you have to check for the latest versions and install them.
Click here to visit the official website of Steam and download the latest versions. After installing it, launch the app and see the error code is disappeared or not.
Tips To Avoid Steam Error Code 105
Contact Official Support
We are very sure that the users who encounter Steam Error Code 105 can solve it through the above-listed methods. They are good enough to fix this error code on your Windows PC.
If you are still facing the issue, then the best option is to uninstall & re-install Steam again on your Windows PC. Even you can browse the Steam communities and search for any other method to fix it.
When you didn’t find the perfect trick, the best option is to contact the support team of Steam. Log in to the Steam site and provide the details regarding the issue you are facing. They will help you in fixing the error on your Windows PC.
Final Words: Conclusion
In short, Steam is the best place for game lovers to get different types of games, such as racing, adventure, sports, etc. By providing minimum system requirements on our PC, we can install Steam.
But due to some reasons, it will not work and shows the error codes. The Steam Error Code 105 is resolved by the techniques that I listed above.
Apart from these game troubleshooting guides, we offer techniques to solve PC-related issues and Buying Guides. You can contact us regarding any technical help.
To encourage our service or suggest anything, just leave a message in the below comment box.