Rust Keeps Crashing
Are you facing Rust Keeps Crashing error on your Windows PCs? Want to play this best multiplayer survival game without any problem? Then go through the following sections to know the best methods that fix this issue.
Facepunch Studios developed this Rust Game in the year 2013. It is one of the best multiplayer survival video game. We can install this game on different operating systems, such as Windows, Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Linux, and Classic MacOS.
Millions of users worldwide have installed and playing this Rust Video Game on their PCs. You can directly get it from the official website. Or else you can download this video game from Steam.
The developers (Facepunch Studio) release regular updates to provide more features in the game. But the main drawback is crashing issues while playing the game.
Whenever you are in the middle of the game, the Rust Keeps Crashing suddenly without any warning message. In such a situation, you can use the below techniques that get rid of the issue.
There are thousands of video games that are compatible with multiple operating systems. That’s why the user can install their favorite games on their PCs.
We can choose our desired games based on the category, such as racing, shooting, adventure, etc. The developers design the games in both single-player and multiplayer modes.
One of the best multiplayer video game that likes most of the game lovers is Rust. Downloading and installing the Rust Survival Game is not so difficult.
But it troubles the user because by crashing the entire gameplay while playing it on our desktops. By this, we have to start the game freshly. There are many reasons for the occurrence of this Rust Keeps Crashing problem. They are:
Now, you got to know the reasons for this Rust Keeps Crashing issue. If you are facing this problem, then identify the exact reason and apply the best technique to resolve it. Read the following sections to know more about this technical issue.
We are coming up with the problems and solutions that are related to this Rust Keeps Crashing issue. Read the below guidelines carefully to fix the issue whenever you encounter it on your Windows PC.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Here are a few basic troubleshooting methods that you have to try to resolve the Rust Keeps Crashing. Execute the steps correctly on your PC to run the Rust game without crashing issues.
Change Power Options
By default, the Power Options is configured as Balanced. So, when we launch the Rust game, our PC automatically slows down in order to save energy. Thus, it leads to the occurrence of the Rust Keeps Crashing issue.
To fix the problem and overcome the issue, you have to modify the power options using the below guidelines.
- Press Windows +S -> Type Control Panel -> Select the best matches in the result section.
- Now, you can see the Control Panel window on your screen.
- Open the Hardware and Sound category and click the Power Options.
- Choose the High-Performance option by checking its radio button.
Note: If not showing High-performance option then click on “show additional plans” option.
- Finally, restart the computer and see the Rust game runs without any crashes or not.
If you find the crashing problems, then move to the next troubleshooting step.
Stop Background Programs
Are multiple programs running on your Windows 10 computer? Then you might see the Rust Keeps Crashing issue. Yes, the user can face this problem due to several apps on the PC.
The best method to fix the issue is stopping or turning off all those programs using the below steps.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons to open the Task Manager.
- See the CPU and Memory Usage of all the processes running on the PC.
- Find-out the maximum resource-utilizing process and right-click on it.
- Choose the End Task to stop running it on our desktop. Do it for all those processes that are using more CPU and Memory Usage.
- Now, open the Rust and start playing it uninterruptedly.
Steps To Fix Rust Keeps Crashing Issue
When the above basic tricks didn’t help you in getting rid of the Rust Keeps Crashing issue, follow this section to get the advanced methods.
- Step-1 : Update Graphics Driver
- Step-2 : Run Steam with Administrator Privileges
- Step-3 : Verify the Integrity of your Game Files
- Step-4 : Change Process Affinity Settings
- Step-5 : Modify the Virtual Memory
- Step-6 : Set Rust Launch Options
- Step-7 : Opt Out of the Steam Beta
- Step-8 : Uninstall & Reinstall Rust Video Game
- Step 1
Update Graphics Driver
There are two methods to update the device drivers on our Windows computers, Manual and Automatic.
Follow the below guidelines to update the graphics driver using the manual process.
- Open the Run dialog by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click the OK button.
- In the device manager window appears on your screen, check for the display adapters and expand it by double-click on it.
- Select the graphics driver you are using on your PC and right-click on it.
- Click the Update Driver option from the context menu.
- A new window appears on your screen, and in that, click search automatically for the updated driver software.
- In order to complete the update process, you have to go through some on-screen instructions.
- After that, reboot your Windows PC.
For updating the graphics driver automatically, install the best driver updater. We recommend the IObit Driver Booster.
With simple mouse clicks, one can finish the driver update process on their PCs.
- Step 2
Run Steam with Administrator Privileges
Run the Rust Game with the Admin Rights to avoid the occurrence of crashing problems. To do so, you need to execute the below steps.
- If you are currently running Steam on your PC, then turn it off. For that, go to the taskbar (bottom-right corner of the screen), select the Steam icon, and right-click on it to choose the Exit option.
- Locate the Steam Icon on your desktop -> Right-click on it -> Choose the Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab. Check the checkbox of Run this program as an administrator option to enable it.
- After that, click the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes.
Now, launch the Rust from Steam and see whether the game is crashing like the same or not.
- Step 3
Verify the Integrity of your Game Files
- Launch Steam on your Windows computer.
- Open the Library.
- Identify the Rust Video Game and right-click on it. From that, click the Properties.
- In the Rust Properties wizard, navigate to the Local Files tab.
- At the bottom of the window, click the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- Wait until the scan gets completes. After that, open your favorite Rust game and check if the crashing problem is solved or not.
Still, the Rust Keeps Crashing issue persists on your PC? Then go through the following methods.
- Step 4
Change Process Affinity Settings
When the Rust game does not use the full potential of your computer, you might experience these kinds of crashing problems. That’s why provide the rights to the Rust to use your CPU and processors. For that, you need to execute the following guidelines.
- Launch Rust Game on your PC.
- After that, minimize the gaming window by pressing the Windows Logo key.
- Open the Task Manager by using Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons.
- Navigate to the Details tab.
- Scroll down and find out the Rust game.
- Right-click on it and choose the Set Affinity option.
- The Processor Affinity window appears on your monitor. Check all the checkboxes and hit the OK button.
- Now, open the Rust game and check the crashing problem still occurs on your PC or not.
- Step 5
Modify the Virtual Memory
- Click the Start Menu and type Advanced System Settings.
- Now, you can see View Advanced System Settings in the results section, so click on it.
- The System Properties window opens on your Windows PC with the Advanced tab.
- In that, click the Settings button.
- After that, the Performance Options wizard appears on the screen. Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- In the next step, click the Change button.
- By default, the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option is enabled. You have to disable it by unchecking its checkbox.
- Click the C Drive.
- Click the radio button next to the Custom Size section. Set the Initial Size and Maximum Size .
- Finally, click the Set and OK buttons.
- Reboot the Windows PC.
Launch Rust game on your computer and play it without any crashing issues.
- Step 6
Set Rust Launch Options
If the settings of the Rust game are wrongly configured, then it crashes suddenly without any intimation. In order to resolve the Rust Keeps Crashing issue, set the Rust Launch options.
- Launch Steam on your PC.
- Go to the Library and choose Rust.
- Right-click on it and click the Properties.
- Under the General tab, click the Set Launch Options button.
- If you see any launch options, then remove them.
- After that, type the below one and click the OK button.
-high -maxMem=X -malloc=system -force-feature-level-11-0 -cpuCount=X -exThreads=X -force-d3d11-no-singlethreaded
Freshly launch the Rust game on your system. If you find any crashing problems while playing it, then move to the next method.
- Step 7
Opt Out of the Steam Beta
- Open Steam on your PC.
- In the Steam menu, click the Settings.
- By default, it opens the Account settings.
- Under Beta Participation, click the Change button.
- Choose the “NONE –Opt-out of all beta programs” option from the list box.
- Click the OK button to save the modifications.
- Finally, relaunch Steam and Rust on your Windows 10 computer.
Suppose the Rust Keeps Crashing? Don’t worry! You have the final method to resolve it.
- Step 8
Uninstall & Reinstall Rust Video Game
First of all, uninstall the Rust Game by utilizing the below guidelines.
- Launch Steam on your PC and open the Library.
- Select Rust -> Right-click on it -> Manage -> Click the Uninstall option.
- A new pop-up window is displayed on your screen. In that, click the Delete button to remove the game files.
- Locate the Steam in the taskbar -> Select Exit option in the right-click context menu.
- Open the File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys.
- In the address bar, copy and paste the below location, and hit Enter.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
- Find-out the Rust folder and use the Del button to remove it completely from your computer.
- Again, you have to relaunch Steam on your PC to download & install the Rust game.
Thus, you can play this best multiplayer game on your Windows PC.
Tips To Avoid Rust Keeps Crashing
Contact Official Support
With the advanced methods listed above, the players can solve the Rust Keeps Crashing problem. If you haven’t found any difference even after applying all the techniques, then check whether your internet connection is stable or not.
We recommend the users to get in touch with official forum sites to know some more best solutions to fix this issue. The final method that can help you in resolving the Rust Keeps Crashing is taking the support from the authorized customer service team.
You have to sign-in to the Steam account and get personalized help from the experts. In the end, you can solve the issue and play the game without any issues.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, Rust is the best survival video game that can be played by multiple players. Due to some reasons, such as expired graphics drivers and low virtual memory, the Rust game keeps crashing or freezing on your PC.
Using this post, you got to know how to resolve this Rust Keeps Crashing issue. According to the research, we shortlisted the given methods that can fix the issue. We are most welcome if you solved the issue with any other method.
You can go through our website to know many other technical guides. Fill your particulars in the below comment box to ask any further queries.