Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung Error Fixed Windows 7,8, & 10
Are you getting the “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” error message? Well if yes, we can get that you must be fond of gaming. Let’s geek into error code “0x887A0006” to understand its significance. It means applications or programs device got failed because of a bad command sent by the application. In simple words, you can say that communication got broken between your system’s hardware interface and the application. As per our research users having overclocked Graphics cards for higher performance have encountered this error. Other reasons like outdated drivers or malfunctioned system files can also cause this.
We can understand the severity of the “Dxgi_Error_Devive_Hung” issue. How frustrating it can be for gamers. But no need to worry as after extensive research we have included authentic work ground to fix it. Please go through this blog step by step to get a fix.
Dxgi Error Device Hung: Problem Overview
Under this, the user gets stuck while playing games, developing programming or heavy graphics related work. Mostly games like Battlefield, Shadow of the tom rider, wolcen, Grand Theft Auto, GTA, Arma 3, etc has encountered this. Users playing these games have found that the game gets crashed in between. This is so frustrating as it ruins the overall gaming experience.
There can be various reasons behind the “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” issue. Some of them are listed below.
Dxgi Error Device Hung: Related Problems
There are various related problems with the “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” error. This has ruined various games in between. We advise you to follow the methods mentioned in this blog for the following related problems as well.
- Dxgi error device hung wolcen
- Dxgi error device hung Nvidia
- Shadow of the tomb raider Dxgi_error_device_hung
- Dxgi error device hung apex legends
- Dxgi error device hung AMD
- 0x887a0006 dxgi error device hung
- Dxgi error device removed dxgi error device hung
- Dxgi error device hung fifa 19/kingdom come
The issue can be because of a virus attack, as in case you have installed any third-party application. That can infect your system if it is not from reliable sources. One more thing to notice is, as this plays a role in Gaming. So, the issue can be with your gaming software as well.
Before going for an advanced level approach, we advise you to check on the following things to fix “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung”:
- Malfunctioned System: Full scan your system using your antivirus to fix malware related issues. Sometimes malfunctioned files conflict in between systems performance.
- Misconfigured game steam app settings: Check on your Games configuration and make sure it is set to “Default Settings”. Setting to high-performance settings can also cause such issues if your graphics card is not that capable.
If you got a clean chit from basic troubleshooting steps, you are all set to go for an advanced level approach. This is going to be easy and interesting so do not panic. We advise you to follow all the methods carefully in proper order as mentioned.
- Step-1 : Go for Updating the Graphics Driver
- Step-2 : Make sure your System is not Overclocked
- Step-3 : Go for Updating the DirectX in your system
- Step-4 : Go for Disabling the Antialiasing in the Nvidia Control Panel settings
- Step-5 : Go for Adding a particular Registry Key
- Step-6 : Alter Applnit_DLLs value in Registry
- Step-7 : Consider Disabling the Steam Cloud Synchronization
- Step-8 : Try “Check for Updates”
- Step 1
Go for Updating the Graphics Driver
As “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” error affects the video gaming experience. We advise you to go for updating the graphic driver. Drivers are the main bridge between external programs and systems. It needs to be up to date to experience good performance. Many users have reported that after doing this their issue got fixed.
Follow the below steps to update your graphics driver:
- Open the RUN box by press the Windows logo key with alphabet “R”.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the box and tap enter. This will open up the Device Manager.
- Look for the “Display Adapters” option and expand it. Locate your graphics driver (E.g. NVIDIA, AMD, etc), right-click on it and choose “Update driver” option.
- A window screen will pop up. Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software”. This will start searching for updates online and in a few minutes, it will download and install it. To make it more effecting just “Restart” your system.
Now check whether the issue “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” got fixed or not. In case it appears, go for our next method.
- Step 2
Make sure your System is not Overclocked
As per users after overclocking their system, they got an instant performance boost. But changing the maximum frequency above the recommended value has cost them “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” issue in their system.
Graphics card like NVIDIA and AMD has their programs, which lets you overclock them. Well in this solution we will adjust the CPU’s overclock via BIOS.
Follow below steps to enter in your BIOS to change Overclock settings:
- Restart the system and press Del or F2 key continuously. Soon you will see your BIOS screen.
- Look for the “Advanced Chipset Features” option. Then tap on “CPU Multiplier”.
- Look for “Reset Default Settings” and select it. Then tap on the Enter key.
- To make these changes applicable or save press f10 key and exit the BIOS. At last “Restart” your system.
Now check whether this fixed “Dxgi_Error_Device_Error” issue or not. In case it persists go for our next hack.
- Step 3
Go for Updating the DirectX in your system
DirectX is a Microsoft product and an interface which deals with multimedia related things. Like gaming, video, Programming, etc, basically, it is about 3-dimension things.
An outdated DirectX application can also be the reason here as this is connected with your graphics. So, in case it is problematic, this will conflict with the graphics card further leading to error code “0x887A0006”.
As you can see this error message includes the DirectX in it. So, we advise you to update your DirectX to fix the “Dxgi Error Device Hung” issue.
Before that check on the version of DirectX using the following steps:
- Open RUN box by pressing the Windows logo key with alphabet “R”.
- Type “dxdiag” in the box and tap Enter. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Look the “DirectX Version” under the System Information section.
In case it is not as per the latest version, we advise you to update this for your respective windows version.
Windows 10/8/8.1 user: Just update your windows, this will install the latest version of DirectX in your system. To do this, follow Method 8.
Other Windows version users: You will need to download the update package from the Microsoft website, follow the below steps.
- Follow this link to go to the Microsoft DirectX installer page.
- You will see select language option, choose as per your preference, and tap on “Download” toggle.
- Go to the Download folder to locate the “DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer” file and double tap on it to start the installation. Follow the on-screen instructions until the end.
Once it is done, try playing the game to check whether the issue got fixed or not. In case it persists go for our next method.
- Step 4
Go for Disabling the Antialiasing in the Nvidia Control Panel settings
As per users after disabling their Antialiasing feature in NVIDIA fixed “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung”. Antialiasing generally boosts p the overall quality of display graphics. For many users disabling it has worked.
Follow below steps to disable Antialiasing in NVIDIA:
- Tap on Windows logo key with alphabet “S” AND Search “Nvidia Control Panel”. Tap on it to open.
- Go for the “Manage 3D settings” option available in the left pane.
- Look for “Global Settings”, under this find “Antialiasing” and turn it off.
Once it is done, check whether the issue got fixed or not. In case it persists go for our next method.
- Step 5
Go for Adding a particular Registry Key
Timeout Detection and Recovery can be helpful here. Disabling TDR to fix “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” has worked for many users.
Follow the below steps to perform this method:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “R” to get Rub box. Type “regedit” in it and hit Enter.
- The registry editor will be displayed there, tap on “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” available in the left pane.
- Then choose “System” then “CurrentControlSet” option. Now choose “Control” and then “GraphicsDrivers”.
- Select the “GraphicsDrivers” key, now move your cursor to blank space of your registry editor window and right-click.
- choose “DWORD (32bit) value or QWORD (64bit)” available under “New”.
- Now right click on the key just added and choose “Rename” rename it as “TdrLevel”.
- Right-click on “TdrLevel” and choose “Modify”.
- Look for the “Value data” type “0” and under “Base” choose “Hexadecimal” option. Once done tap on the OK toggle. At last “Restart” your system.
Now check whether this fixed this error or not. In case it doesn’t go for our next method.
- Step 6
Alter Applnit_DLLs value in Registry
Applnit_DLLs manages the loading of DLLs in the system. Some Graphics like NVIDIA, AMD Radeon etc includes DLL files. Most of the file is DLL based in Windows system, so this will fix any glitch related to this.
Follow the below steps to perform this method:
- Follow method 5 up to step 2 in this step.
- choose “Software” then “Microsoft” then “WindowsNT” then “CurrentVersion” then “Windows”.
- In the right pane find the “LoadApplnit_DLLs” option and right tap on it and click on “Modify” set the “Value data” to 0. Then tap ok toggle and exit. Restart your system after exiting.
Now check if the error “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” got fixed or not. In case it persists go for our next method.
- Step 7
Consider Disabling the Steam Cloud Synchronization
Steam cloud syncs your game files to save from accidental deletion. It also makes you play the same game on another PC. But this awesome feature can be the culprit here so, try disabling the steam cloud synchronization option. As per the user’s report disabling steam cloud fixed “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” issue.
Follow below steps to disable your Steam Cloud Synchronization:
- search “Steam” in the search box on the taskbar.
- Switch to the “Library” tab. Now go for the problematic game by right-clicking on it and choose “Properties”.
- Properties box will be there, switch to the “Updates” tab, and unmark the box beside “Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization” option. Tap on Apply toggle then exit the steam.
- Restart your system.
Now try opening the game which caused “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung”. In case it is fixed then you are done here. Otherwise, go for our last hack and update your windows.
- Step 8
Try “Check for Updates”
An outdated window can cause anonymous errors. To fix “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung”, we advise you to update your windows. This will download the latest DirectX version automatically in your windows 10 or 8 versions. Updates fix up the compatibility glitches if there.
In windows, 10 updates get downloaded automatically but sometimes it might get stuck. So just perform it manually using our steps given below.
- Open search bar by pressing Windows key with “S” and type “Check for Updates”, tap on it to open.
- This will take you to the Windows update screen. Now just tap on “Check for updates” toggle and download it. If it is set to auto download, it will automatically start downloading.
- Wait once it gets finished. Then restart your system to install these updates effectively.
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “X” and choose “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” or Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the command “wuauclt.exe/updatenow” and press Enter. This will take time about an hour or more. Just wait till it gets finished, afterward restart your system.
Once it is done check on if the issue “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” got fixed. In case it is still there go for official support.
Tips To Avoid Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung Error
Contact Official Support
In case nothing worked for you, the issue can be bit technical. We advise you to go to your system’s official support. Like if you are an HP user, go for HP’s official support page.
You can get online help over the call or via chat as well. Choose as per your requirement. In case it doesn’t get fixed, visit your nearest service center. Don’t forget to take all the required details and warranty papers with you if applicable. Yeah, no need to worry this glitch is fixable.
Final Words: Conclusion
All the method mentioned in this blog has been pre-tested by our experts. We advise you to go for basic troubleshooting methods to ensure minor things are in good condition. In case you stuck at any step inform us via comment section.
In case you fixed the “Dxgi_Error_Device_Hung” issue, let us know with the method worked for you. We appreciate your advice and feedback to enrich our work.