Diablo 3 Won’t Launch
Diablo 3 is the best action role-playing video game designed by Blizzard Entertainment. Some users are facing issues with this Diablo 3 game. They are saying that the game is not launching even after clicking the play button repeatedly.
If you are suffering from this Diablo 3 Won’t Launch issue, then you have landed on the right article. In this post, we have included those tricks that can fix this trouble.
Apart from the troubleshooting steps, we also provide tips that can completely avoid the occurrence of this issue. So, please read the paragraphs carefully to play this action video game smoothly.
Diablo 3 is one of the best action video games that deal with combat gameplay. The gamers can use swords or blades while attacking the opponents.
Blizzard Entertainment effectively developed this Diablo 3 game. It is the third series released by Blizzard in the Diablo franchise. Though it was published in 2012, the craze of this action video game is not decreased till now.
But there are a few instances where the players will engage with so many problems. Among all those, the most frustrating issue is not launching Diablo 3 when we click the play button.
Even though we repeatedly hit the play button, the Diablo 3 will not start on the PC. By studying this issue deeply, we have concluded the following are the reasons for it.
Until you find the perfect reason and the solution to fix it, you will not resolve this issue. So, move forward to the following sections to get more information about this cause.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
There are a couple of basic troubleshooting methods that can fix the Diablo 3 Won’t Launch issue. You can try them one by one and see the problem is fixed or not.
Before trying the following methods, once restart your Windows PC. After that, click the Play button and check the game is launching or not. If the error still persists, move to the below techniques.
Check the PC and Diablo 3 Game Requirements
First of all, check whether your Windows PC satisfies the recommended or minimum requirements of Diablo 3 or not.
Following are the game requirements that your PC must meet in order to launch it without any issues.
The reason for showing the Diablo 3 Won’t Launch might be lack of admin permissions. If you want to launch it without these errors, then simply run it with the admin account. To do so, use the below guidelines.
- Go to the installation folder of Diablo 3 on your Windows 10.
- Identify the .exe file of Diablo 3 -> Right-click on it -> Click Properties.
- Under Diablo 3’s properties window,
- now go to the compatibility tab and enable the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Save the changes by clicking the OK button.
Now, click the play button and see whether it launches perfectly or shows the same error.
Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
According to some users, they are facing this issue due to compatibility issues. Diablo 3 fails to launch if your Windows version is not compatible with the game.
In this situation, try to open the action video game in compatibility mode using the following steps.
- Right-click the desktop icon of Diablo 3 -> Select Properties.
- Now, check the checkbox of Run this program in Compatibility Mode.
- After that, select the Windows version that is lower than the currently using one from the drop-down menu.
- Click the OK button and restart the PC.
Launch the Diablo 3 game and check the error is disappeared or not.
Steps To Fix Diablo 3 Won’t Launch Issue
If you didn’t solve the Diablo 3 Won’t Launch with the basic ones, then apply the advanced methods given below.
- Step 1
Install the Latest Diablo 3 Patch
One of the major reasons for not launching Diablo 3 on our PCs is the expired game version. If we didn’t update the game even after Blizzard Entertainment release the latest patch, then we face these kinds of problems.
Open the official website of Diablo 3 and install the latest patch on your PC. After that, reboot the device and launch the game. If it launches without any issues, then play it. Or else move to the next methods to resolve the problem.
- Step 2
Remove the Game Cache Files
Most of the time, the game will fail to launch due to the corrupted game cache files. I think it might be the reason on your PC for causing the error. So, remove all those corrupted items and launch the game without any hassle.
- First of all, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Stay in the Processes tab.
- Identify the Blizzard Battle.net program -> Right-click on it -> Click End Task.
- Go with the OK button to confirm.
- Press Windows + R -> Type %ProgramData% -> Hit Enter.
- Locate the Blizzard Entertainment as well as the Battle.net folder and remove them from the PC.
- Step 3
Upgrade Device Drivers
If the game is running, but nothing happens, then it is because of the outdated device drivers. The expired NVIDIA or AMD GPU card leads to the occurrence of this Diablo 3 Won’t Launch error.
In order to escape from these issues, quickly upgrade the device drivers on your PC.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Double-click the Display Adapters -> Select the GPU (NVIDIA or AMD) -> Right-click on it -> Click Update Driver.
- Click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Now, it checks for the latest versions from the manufacturer site of the graphics card.
- Like this, you can update all those expired device drivers.
If you want to execute this update process automatically, then install the IObit Driver Booster. Once you are done with the driver update process, launch the game and see the error is solved or not.
- Step 4
End Unnecessary Background Processes
Is it mandatory to run multiple programs while launching the game on your PC? Why because some apps conflict with Diablo 3 and causing several problems. This Diablo 3 Won’t Launch may also occur due to conflicting issues with the programs running on your device.
That’s the reason why we suggest the gamer to close all those unwanted apps that are running in the background.
- Click the Start menu and type Task Manager.
- Select the best-matched (Task Manager) from the results.
- Now, choose the app that you want to close -> Right-click on it -> Click End Task.
- If you see any confirmation wizards, then click the OK or Yes button.
- Repeat the steps to terminate all those unnecessary apps.
Now, click the Play button in order to launch Diablo 3 on your PC.
- Step 5
If the game is still not starting on your Windows PC, then the reason might be the default antivirus software (Windows Defender) or the third-party security suite.
Some users reported that the antivirus app blocks the game to open on the device. If the antivirus is enabled on your desktop, then try to disable it and check the error is resolved or not.
- Go to the Taskbar and identify the antivirus icon that is running on your computer.
- Right-click on that icon -> Click Disable the antivirus temporarily.
- It will show the pop-up window, and in that, click the confirm button to turn it off.
If the game launches successfully, then enable it after finishing the gameplay.
- Step 6
Provide More Virtual Memory
Lack of RAM or Virtual Memory is one of the reasons for showing the Diablo 3 Won’t Launch error. If you want to put a full stop to this error, then increase the RAM memory.
- Press the Windows logo on your keyboard -> Type Advanced System Settings -> Select it from the results.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab in the System Properties.
- Click the Settings button under the Performance section.
- It immediately opens the Performance Options wizard, and in that, go to the Advanced tab, and click the Change button.
- In the next step, uncheck the checkbox of Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Now, click the C Drive.
- Click the radio button to enable the Custom Size section.
- Type 4096 in both Initial Size (MB) and Maximum Size (MB) fields.
- Finally, hit the Set button and then the OK button.
Now, relaunch the game and check out the problem is solved or still persists.
- Step 7
Repair the Game Files
What happens when the game files are corrupted? The game will simply won’t launch when you try to do so. In this case, verifying the integrity of the game files help in detecting and repairing the corrupted files.
- First of all, open the Blizzard Battle.net application on your PC.
- From the Game Library, select Diablo 3.
- Open the Game Options and select Scan and Repair.
- Finally, click the Begin Scan in order to proceed to the scanning process.
It takes not much time to complete the task. After finishing, check whether the Diablo 3 game is launching or not.
Tips To Avoid Diablo 3 Won’t Launch
Contact Official Support
As Diablo 3 is a hack-and-slash action video game, the gamers show much interest in playing it on Windows PCs. If there are any problems in launching the game, then the methods discussed above will help you a lot.
When the situation is not changed, that means the game is still not launching, you have to reinstall Diablo 3 on your PC. Uninstalling and reinstalling Diablo 3 is also the best way to solve this problem.
Apart from that, browsing the official forums of Blizzard Entertainment will somehow help you in finding any other method to fix it.
As a final try, you can contact the support team of Blizzard Entertainment to take assistance from them in solving this problem.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, Diablo 3 has a huge fandom, and that’s why they are searching for the methods immediately when any issue occurs with it.
If the game is not launching or starting, the above techniques are more than enough for fixing it. Different kinds of gamers solve this problem with a variety of methods.
You can share those techniques that resolve this Diablo 3 Won’t Launch issue through this post. Visit our blog or post a comment in order to contact us.
For any queries or additional information, feel free to contact our technical persons at any time.