Players are very excited to play the Cyberpunk 2077 game on their Windows PCs and consoles. But the Cyberpunk 2077 keeps crashing while launching it on the devices.
Many users are complaining about this problem, and that’s why we came up with this post. Here, you are going to see all those solutions that fix the Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing issue.
As we know, Cyberpunk 2077 is the best action game developed and released by CD Projekt RED. We can download and install it on our PCs, Xbox, and PlayStation consoles.
Some say that the game crashes because of the corrupted game files. While others encounter this problem due to outdated video drivers.
To know full details about this issue and how to overcome it, you need to go through the following sections.
Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing: Problem Overview
CD Projekt RED developed many popular video games, such as The Witcher, Katharsis, Saints Row, Imperialism, Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, etc.
Apart from these, it also developed Cyberpunk 2077 in the year 2020. It is regarded as one of the most awaited games in 2020. The story of this action role-playing game happens in the Night City.
It is an open world in the Cyberpunk Universe, which attracts the players a lot. Millions of users all over the globe have purchased this action game to play it on their devices.
Cyberpunk 2077 works on Microsoft, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Google Stadia. While launching Cyberpunk 2077, the game crashes suddenly on the devices.
Some users say that the game keeps crashing while playing it on our desktops. There are certain reasons that trigger this Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing issue. They are:
Once you got to know why the Cyberpunk 2077 crashes, pick the best solution and use it on your PC to fix it.
Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing: Related Problems
Additionally, we are providing different variations of crashing issues that occur while playing or starting the Cyberpunk 2077 game.
Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Without wasting your time, let’s start with the basic methods that fix the Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing issue on your Windows 11. Before going to the below methods, confirm that your Windows PC possesses all the requirements needed by the Cyberpunk 2077 game.
Update the Cyberpunk Game
CD Projekt RED releases frequent updates for Cyberpunk 2077 to access new features and removes the bugs in the older versions.
If you haven’t upgraded the game, it could be the reason for this Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing issue. Before it’s too late, download and install the latest game patches of Cyberpunk 2077 from its official website.
After upgrading the game, launch it on your device to test the crashing issue again happens or not.
Close Background Apps
The game crashes because of the unwanted programs running on your PC. If there is any anti-malware, antivirus, or firewall softwares running on your device, then it will impact other apps and games.
To stop these non-sense, you have to terminate the problem-causing programs by using the below steps.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on your keyboard.
- You will see the Task Manager with all the processes loading in the background of your PC.
- Now, right-click the app that you want to terminate -> Click on the End Task option.
- Like the above, shut down all those processes from your PC.
Finally, relaunch Cyberpunk 2077 and check the crashing issue is solved.
Steps To Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing Issue
Don’t worry! You have some more techniques to resolve this Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing issue on your computer.
- Step 1
Disable In-game Overlay
Are you using in-game overlays in the Cyberpunk 2077 game? If so, then disable them immediately in order to stop crashing errors.
Players who are using overlays, such as Discord and Steam, encounter Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing while launching or playing it. In order to turn off this feature in GOG Launcher, use the below steps.
- Launch GOG Galaxy on your Windows PC -> Go to the Library tab.
- On the bottom-left corner, tap on the Gear icon.
- You will see the Settings window, and in that, uncheck the checkbox next to the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, click on the OK button to save the changes.
In case if you’re using Steam Client, then open the Cyberpunk Properties and disable the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game option.
- Step 2
Overclocking is one of the extraordinary features offered by the Windows Operating System. It improves the performance of the PC while playing games or loading any applications.
But there are some drawbacks too, like crashing, freezing, etc. Therefore, turn off the Overclocking apps (MSI Afterburner) and set the clock speed to the default ones.
In case if the Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing still occurs, then proceed to the next method.
- Step 3
Upgrade Graphics Drivers
If the above solutions didn’t fix the problem that you’re currently facing, it could be due to the faulty drivers. The video drivers might be corrupted or outdated.
To get rid of this problem, you have to download and install the latest graphics drivers on your Windows 10. For that,
- Press Windows + X keys and select the Device Manager option from the menu.
- Now, expand the Display Adapters section by double-clicking on it -> Right-click the Video Card from the list -> Select the Update Driver.
- Go through the on-screen instructions and finish the process.
Relaunch Cyberpunk 2077 through GOG or Steam and see the game is crashing or not.
- Step 4
Re-configure in-game Settings
Sometimes, incorrect game settings also lead to many problems. So, adjust the settings of the Cyberpunk 2077 in order to stop the crashing issues.
- Open Cyberpunk 2077 game on your computer -> Go to the Settings menu.
- On the top of the dashboard, click on the Video tab.
- Locate the VSync option and turn it off.
- In the next step, click on the Graphics tab. Now, set the options to low that are placed under the Advanced section, such as
- Local Shadow Mesh Quality: Low
- Distant Shadow Resolution: Low
- Subsurface Scattering Quality: Medium
- At the same time, turn off the Ray Tracing option.
Now, open Steam Client and start the Cyberpunk 2077 to check the crashing issue is fixed.
- Step 5
Verify the Game Integrity
It is the best option to validate the game files of Cyberpunk when you come across crashing issues. Why because the corrupted or missing game files lead to these severe issues.
- Firstly, launch Steam Client from its desktop shortcut.
- Go to the Library -> Right-click the Cyberpunk 2077 game and select the Properties.
- Tap on the Local Files tab -> Click on the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files option.
It then starts checking the game files and replaces the corrupted files with the right ones.
- Step 6
Remove & Reinstall Cyberpunk 2077
The final and only method left to you is removing the Cyberpunk 2077 game from your Windows PC. After that, reinstall the CD Projekt RED’s Cyberpunk 2077 correctly.
- Press Windows + R -> Type appwiz.cpl -> Hit Enter.
- Select Cyberpunk 2077 from the list -> Click Uninstall.
- Wait until the uninstallation process is completed. Now, start reinstalling it again without doing any mistakes.
Open the Steam or GOG Launcher and start Cyberpunk 2077 to check the crashing issue is fixed.
Note: In addition to the above, upgrading the Windows Operating System is also one of the best methods to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing issue on your PC.
Tips To Avoid Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing
Contact Official Support
Mostly, you can solve the Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing issue by using the above solutions. By reaching the last method, the crashing problem will be disappeared.
If you see the same issue even after applying all those techniques, it could be considered a severe issue. In this case, you can follow a few other ways, like Reddit, Steam Communities, etc.
Moreover, you can post your problem on these forums and get answers from experts. When no one responds to your query, simply contact the technical support of CD Projekt RED.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, I would like to say that Cyberpunk 2077 is a wonderful action game from CD Projekt RED. Like other issues, we help you in fixing this Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing with our techniques.
When you don’t understand anything on this post, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always here to provide our services. After fixing this issue, share the information about the methods that helped you.
Don’t forget to share this troubleshooting guide with your friends and others. Finally, tap on the subscribe button to get the latest updates on our blog.